Thorsten Frings and Diego "linked" with Juve (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Camo-Sissoko-Almiron-Neddy would be a good midfield. Sneijder instead of Almiron would make it great.
I want to see Paro got before deciding whether he can make it or not. From limited games that I have seen, Paro seems to have decent distribution. He looks like poor man Pirlo, and no more than a rotational fodder for title chasing pack, but young players can be unpredictable so they deserve some chance.

When it comes down the last word, I want Juve to buy better players. Frings right now is better than Rio Mavuba and Paro. But all teams, except Real and Chelski, have considerable financial constraint, so if we decide to spend money somewhere it means we gets less money in other positions. The position we need guarantee most is CB. I dont want to see a line-up of Zebina - Boumsong, Chiellini - Balza in next year's opening match. Criscito might end up breaking into starting line-up towards end of next year, or perhaps with good pre-seasoning even in week 3, or 4, but even still, apart from Chiellini, we look awfully short in this department. Relegate Boumsong to the bench, and spend some serious bucks at the back. Snap up Dainelli for free, and get likes of Felipe, Zapata, Lucio, Gonzalo or Milito. That will cost a lot, but I think they are worth more to Juve than Frings. Lucio should be top our wish-list. He has many critics, but man, he flat out stopped Kaka. Pure class.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Zanetti isn't good enough to start for us in Serie A IMO.
I'd prefer someone better as well, but I wouldn't be bothered by the prospect of Zanetti still being a starter. When fit, he does very well.

Frings is a better player than Nedved these days. Nedved offers experience and a valuable fighting spirit but I'm not sure the quality will always be there next season.
Different players. Frings is a midfield alrounder and Nedved, while having alround qualities, is an offensive midfielder. Despite getting on a bit, Nedved is still one of the better midfielders out there. He's been the team's leader on the pitch for years now and will continue to be that next year.

Salihamidzic on the left? Camo in the middle is hit or miss.
True, but if the need arises these players could be fielded there easily. Also if we were to invest time in Camo as central midfielder, i'm sure the miss part would dissapear.

My point is that when we're in a sticky spot Camo is not going to fight tooth and nail to help us, he's gonna get sent off or some shit.
I disagree. Camo may have done and might do some stupid stuff when frustrated, he's a gritty player who fights for every ball.

No, because he's a better player than any of our current midfielders.
We won't agree here. I'm with Andy on this, Frings isn't THAT good.

@ Jun-hide. I think we can forget about Paro, Marchisio seems to already have surpassed him in the pecking order. Marchisio is a lot younger and he's as good as Paro, if not better already.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Lucho Gonzalez looks pretty good to me. I would be happy with Momo Sissoko though. His game should complement Paro pretty well.
Gonzalez is an attacking mid though. I meant for DM. Sissoko is good but I'm not so sure we can get him.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Gonzalez is an attacking mid though. I meant for DM. Sissoko is good but I'm not so sure we can get him.
I don't think we should confine our search for midfielders to simply DM. Zanetti is an experienced Serie A (though I have never been a fan of his, even when he enjoyed a good season in Roma), so he won't let the team down too much. This means that we have luxury of simply buying the best player available in this department. I liked what I saw from Lucho in WC and some CL matches. We have plently of industry at the wings, so somebody with some creativity and class at the middle of park wouldnt be too bad IMO. I too doubt Sissoko is available, but if he is, we should phone Liverpool ASAP. In anycase, I am more concerned about CB, and after some thoughts, I decided that Lucio is head and shoulders above everybodyelse. Bayern is likely to be out of CL, so offer them serious money for Lucio, and we might just be able to get him.

@Don, I have got no complaint as long as there are some serious competition for places. Young players improve by working hard, and the more players to compete, the better. I say buy the best CM available (relatively young), and make Marchiso, Paro, and Zanetti to compete for places.

Kosta

The Eccentric
Jul 16, 2006
Metzelder sings 4 year deal with Real Madrid.
Frings extends with Werder.

Great work by our transfer manager. Stay tuned , more to follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)