Thorsten Frings and Diego "linked" with Juve (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
people forget quick .. emerson turned our team around. We went from being no where near succes to champions with Emerson and Canna

Emerson gave cover to the defence and that was his job. He did it well so Nedved and Camo could start attacks

He may not be an all action mid but you don't need to be a world class sprinter or and great creative player to be a great defensive mid

Frings is not good enough to be a defensive mid here i think. maby if he was paired with a better mid and he took the offensive side of things but making him our main mid may be a mistake imo

plus next season he will be 31 why would it be smart to have him? if his ability to fight and battle are part of what makes him great at 31 and on he will be doing less and less fighting and battling

But i am not saying Frings is a bad player just not as high class as everyone says.

Trying to say he is better than Emerson is hard because as a defensive mid at bayern i think frings was not very good and could not handle criticism so he left. While Emerson has been a great DM for a long time and was even Captain of Brazil. He may not add much in attack but again .. not his job.

If we want a center mid who could add to the attack why not buy Deco? Frings seems a like we are not aiming very high.

If we want a defensive style mid we could buy Gilberto or Mavuba...

then maby pair him with frings who is ok at defence and ok at attacking ...

just my opinion though
:tup:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
people forget quick .. emerson turned our team around. We went from being no where near succes to champions with Emerson and Canna
We went from where? Before he joined us, yes season 2003/2004 wasn't that good but just before it we were the best team in Europe; Serie A champions and CL finalist. About Cannavaro, I agree, he added the required depth and experience to the back line.

CalcioJuventus said:
Emerson gave cover to the defence and that was his job. He did it well so Nedved and Camo could start attacks
Thanks to Capello old-fashioned tactics which made players like Emerson looked great.

CalcioJuventus said:
He may not be an all action mid but you don't need to be a world class sprinter or and great creative player to be a great defensive mid
Did I mention anything about creativity? Surely, I didn't. But yes, a good defensive midfielder should be quick, tough and aggressive: Gattuso, Makelele and Essien are the best in my opinion.

CalcioJuventus said:
Frings is not good enough to be a defensive mid here i think. maby if he was paired with a better mid and he took the offensive side of things but making him our main mid may be a mistake imo
I know that Frings isn't that creative and he isn't skillful as well. But he can be burdened the responsibility of being Juventus defensive midfielder, due to the previously mentioned reasons.

CalcioJuventus said:
plus next season he will be 31 why would it be smart to have him? if his ability to fight and battle are part of what makes him great at 31 and on he will be doing less and less fighting and battling
If he joins us, he'll be a short range solution and then a backup to another midfielder in the future.

CalcioJuventus said:
But i am not saying Frings is a bad player just not as high class as everyone says.

Trying to say he is better than Emerson is hard because as a defensive mid at bayern i think frings was not very good and could not handle criticism so he left. While Emerson has been a great DM for a long time and was even Captain of Brazil. He may not add much in attack but again .. not his job.
I didn't watch him at Bayern to judge, honestly.

Emerson is Brazil's captain...and who says that Brazil is one of the teams that always has great defensive midfielders or even defenders. I just remember Dunga.

CalcioJuventus said:
If we want a center mid who could add to the attack why not buy Deco? Frings seems a like we are not aiming very high.
Deco isn't a defensive midfielder by the way. And this is the disaster that Barcelona are facing nowadays, the only defensive midfielder they'd got, sold to Bayern Munich. Xavi isn't a defensive midfielder either.

CalcioJuventus said:
If we want a defensive style mid we could buy Gilberto or Mavuba...

then maby pair him with frings who is ok at defence and ok at attacking ...
I agree with you about Gilberto, he'd be great. But, I haven't watched Mavuba a lot to give a fair opinion about him.

CalcioJuventus said:
just my opinion though
Sorry, if I sound a little bit offensive.

Certainly, your opinion is very much appreciated. :pint:

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
I dont think age is a good excuse to stay away. 3-4 good years ahead of him, and maybe by than some of our youngsters will have matured to hold down a starting spot.

I would like to see Gilberto at Juve, who is actually 1 month older than Frings.

Alltagsheld

Oct 10, 2006
We should get Diego. He is already worldclass player.
:disagree:
I don't think so. He would not have so much space in Italy and in Juventus.
His midfield in Bremen does a lot of work for him so that he can freelance through opponent's defences. When Borowski was injured, Diego had problems, too, and now that he's back, Diego shines again.
In addition to that you cannot call someone world-class after only one good season.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Ahmed, Emerson was a great player, like it or not. Maybe he doesn´t suit your style, but I can assure you he didn´t look good just because of Capello´s tactics. He was also a star in Bayer Leverkusen and he earned himself a transfer to Roma with his displays there and he was always important for Brazilian NT. For Juventus he did a damn good job as well as for Roma. Capello or no Capello.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Ahmed, Emerson was a great player, like it or not. Maybe he doesn´t suit your style, but I can assure you he didn´t look good just because of Capello´s tactics. He was also a star in Bayer Leverkusen and he earned himself a transfer to Roma with his displays there and he was always important for Brazilian NT. For Juventus he did a damn good job as well as for Roma. Capello or no Capello.
You know mark, I'm in the mood to negative rep you for that great post but I won't. Do you know why? Because I like you.

And Emerson to rot in the hell.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Juve, offerto un triennale a Frings

Chissà se a Torsten Frings sono piaciute le specialità gastronomiche torinesi. La Juve ha provato a prenderlo per la gola, in attesa di prenderlo in maniera definitiva a fine stagione. Il trentenne centrocampista del Werder Brema, da tempo nel mirino del club bianconero, ieri era a Torino approfittando della giornata di libertà dagli allenamenti. Al suo tavolo Bettega e Secco per la Juventus, il suo procuratore Norbert Pflippen, e la moglie Petra. È stata l’occasione per continuare un discorso aperto da Secco che a marzo è andato a Brema per trattare l’acquisto del nazionale tedesco e che ha poi portato avanti i contatti con il manager.

La trattativa prosegue. Non si può dire che sia al traguardo, ma al rush finale sì. C’è l’accordo con il giocatore ed è vicinissimo anche quello con il Werder, nonostante le resistenze iniziali del ds, Klaus Allofs. Frings, quindi, preferirebbe la Juve, anche se sta valutando anche altre offerte importanti, perché ha deciso che il suo tempo alla squadra di Brema è scaduto. Nei giorni scorsi ha dichiarato di «pensare seriamente alla Juventus» e questo ha fatto pensare che il più fosse fatto. In effetti la Juve dovrebbe aver vinto la concorrenza. Ora deve vincere solo la resistenza di Frau Petra che non pare entusiasta di trasferirsi a Torino. Per questo ieri la Juve si è impegnata al massimo nel mostrare alla coppia il meglio della città. Anche i dettagli servono. In serata i Frings se ne sono andati e adesso tocca alla Juve concludere.

Al centrocampista, che per infortunio ha saltato la semifinale mondiale con gli azzurri, è stato offerto un contratto di tre anni con l’opzione per il quarto e 1,8 milioni di ingaggio (ora ne prende 1,3). Nell’affare potrebbe entrare anche Kovac. Sarebbe, perché la firma sul contratto ancora non c’è, il quarto acquisto bianconero per la prossima stagione dopo Grygera, Salihamidzic e Criscito.
If anyone wants to translate it here´s the source:

http://news.google.it/news/url?sa=T....asp&cid=1103036315&ei=Km0kRpLGNaWmogPf0_24Cw

Alltagsheld

Oct 10, 2006
Awesome Babel Fish translation ;)

Juve, offered a triennial one to Frings

FABIO VERGNANO

Goodness knows if to Torsten Frings they are piaciute the Turinese gastronomiche specialties. The Juve has tried to take it for the throat, in wait to take it in definitive way to fine season. The trentenne centrocampista of the Werder Brema, for a long time in the view-finder of the bianconero club, yesterday it was to Turin being useful for the day of freedom from the training. To its table Bettega and Secco for the Juventus, its proxy Norbert Pflippen, and the moglie Petra. It has been the occasion in order to continue a speech opened from Dry that to March has gone to Brema for dealing the purchase of the national German and that it has then carried ahead the contacts with the manager.

The negotiation continues. It cannot be said that it is to the goal, but to the rush final yes. There is the agreement with the player and is nearest also that one with the Werder, in spite of the resistances begins them of the ds, Klaus Allofs. Frings, therefore, would prefer the Juve, even if is estimating also other important offering, because it has decided that its time to the square of Brema is expired. Some days before it has declared "to think seriously next to the Juventus" and this has made to think that more it was made. In effects the Juve must have gained the competition. Hour must only gain the resistance of Frau Petra that does not seem enthusiastic to move itself to Turin. For this yesterday the Juve has engaged to the maximum in showing to the brace the best of the city. Also the details serve. In evening the Frings if they have gone some and now touches to the Juve to conclude.

To the centrocampista, than for accident it has jumped the world-wide semiend with the blueta, has been offered a contract of three years with the option for the quarter and 1,8 million I engage (hour of it takes 1,3). In the transaction Kovac could enter also. It would be, because the company on the contract still not are, the quarter bianconero purchase for the next season after Grygera, Salihamidzic and Criscito.

Alltagsheld

Oct 10, 2006
Hmmmm....looks like one can really understand some things. His wife is causing problems, huh? Apart from that, the deal seems almost done. But please not Kovac to Werder...

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
:agree: spot on

abt frings, he is a very good player but if he was utilized in the wrong way then we wouldn't get the best out of him.

So i hope DD has the right plans for him, as the deals looks done

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
Frings and Deco would rock, but the chanses we buy Deco is very small, i have nothing against us buying Frings, but i want a more creative player beside him, but i belive DD will buy another defensive player and thats crap, in with a creative mittfielder :D

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I think Frings is more creative than people give him credit for, in my opinion he would be wasted solely as a destroyer. Yes he has a high tempo game and puts himself about but people talk as if he has no quality and suggest someone like Diego instead. I like Diego, but I would make this comparison; Frings is the Xavi to Diego's Deco.
Put a proper destroyer alongside him and it will work. Not since Zidane have Juve had a real fantasista, and he is one of the greatest players ever. Unless someone like Diego made the same impact as Kakà did it would be a gamble. I think Juve suit a 4-4-2 with two central midfielders and two wide players personally.

Kosta

The Eccentric
Jul 16, 2006
Tuttosport
Frings to Juve
The German midfielder has visited Turin to meet with club officials :agree:
Lippi goes on his boat, Didi gets worried :confused2

Mar 30, 2006
We went from where? Before he joined us, yes season 2003/2004 wasn't that good but just before it we were the best team in Europe; Serie A champions and CL finalist. About Cannavaro, I agree, he added the required depth and experience to the back line.

Thanks to Capello old-fashioned tactics which made players like Emerson looked great.

Did I mention anything about creativity? Surely, I didn't. But yes, a good defensive midfielder should be quick, tough and aggressive: Gattuso, Makelele and Essien are the best in my opinion.

I know that Frings isn't that creative and he isn't skillful as well. But he can be burdened the responsibility of being Juventus defensive midfielder, due to the previously mentioned reasons.

If he joins us, he'll be a short range solution and then a backup to another midfielder in the future.

I didn't watch him at Bayern to judge, honestly.

Emerson is Brazil's captain...and who says that Brazil is one of the teams that always has great defensive midfielders or even defenders. I just remember Dunga.

Deco isn't a defensive midfielder by the way. And this is the disaster that Barcelona are facing nowadays, the only defensive midfielder they'd got, sold to Bayern Munich. Xavi isn't a defensive midfielder either.

I agree with you about Gilberto, he'd be great. But, I haven't watched Mavuba a lot to give a fair opinion about him.

Sorry, if I sound a little bit offensive.

Certainly, your opinion is very much appreciated. :pint:

i think capellos tactics made emerson look good sure .. but emerson was infact great in brazil too.

He would anchor team and this allowwed the creative players to attack

I also was not comparing Deco to Frings i was simply saying that if we want Defence buy a defensive mid .. if we want attack buy an anttacking mid (Deco)

Frings is like an inbetween player to me and does not really represent the best option to me at 7 million pounds. If we are to be strong next season i think we need to have a real strong core in the center especially seeing how attack is not getting any younger and as time passes they will contribute less to defence.

I just hope the club do the right thing.

by the way you did not sound offensive. great conversation infact. I hope you are right about Frings if we get him and you can rub my face in it when we are winning games
:D :pint:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)