Thomas Vermaelen - Defender - Arsenal (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monco

C.R.E.A.M
Mar 27, 2013
He's used as a fullback. not a centreback.

Vertongen and company are the centreback
You can easily put Vertonghen in a left back position and have either Van Buyten or Alderweireld as a center back. Both of them had a solid season respectively, so Vermaelen must be at least decent if he's still in the starting line up.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Belgium, is adoping a tactic system, based much on the epl style of defending.

So Vermaelen is allright in it. Van Buyten has a horrible record of "one blunder per game" for the nt. alderweireld is improving for us

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
what about sorensen for our 5th defender?
or in marrones place if he goes to viola
sorensen for 5th is good..keep the current defence if we keep 3 defs
You guys dont grasp the concept of the 5th cb

First, why waste a youngster on that spot, while the most critical for them is to get experience from games. and substituting him in and out isnt solving it. ideal are co owns or loans.

The 5th cb spot; should go to an old experienced player. one that doesnt play alot and doesnt complain about it. But also one that when called upon has the experience to come of the bench and be rather solid, not make the silly mistakes of a 19year old.

For that reason, we need the experienced cb. Who it is, i honestly have no idea. But i'm certain marotta has a few idea's in mind.

- - - Updated - - -

The worst part of signing a Belgian player will be the Belgian members :D
I'm allready here and i'm not promoting belgian players, apart from Defour, who would be a massive versatile bench player for us.
Like giac but with talent, and SO MANY leadership

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
He plays for our NT cause we got no one else on that position, thats about it.

He is not good enough for juventus.
He is better then Bonucci, definately.
And do you watch belgium, if al our defenders are fit, we play with
RB: Alderweireld
CB: Kompany
CB: Vermaelen
LB: Vertonghen
I work in Holland and they are jalous on our central defenders we have available, and you say he plays because we have no one else.
Vermaelen never failed to deliver for Belgium, even in the absence of Kompany, he stepped up to replace his leading role on the field.
Kompany, Vertonghen, Van Buyten, Alderweireld?
and Lombaerts

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
We need an elegant defender to replace Barza. Someone with good understanding/reading of the game, and an impeccable positional sense. Ogbonha is more of a Chiellini understudy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)