This Team Needs Something Badly (1 Viewer)

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
Agreed, Camoranesi doesn't suit that position and to besides, taking out a defensive midfielder for an attacking one would disrupt everything. Capello's current system requires two ball winners in the centre, we would have to start from scratch if we wanted a more attacking formation.
I don't agree at all. Everytime in the last two games Camo has been going throw the center he's been absolutely stunning. Its quite obvious that Capello have instructed him to do this more often.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Desmond

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #122
    ++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++

Can you explain what do you mean by this?
    It seems that not only you dont like the way we are playing, but have a more profound problem with our team, bullshiting results and trophies that has been won with lots of effort and, yes, also nice football.

Frankly, you dont sound like a juve lover...go support Lecce.
    so you think football revolves around winning and trophies?

that attractive football doesn't matter?

of course,we've played well in the past,but my concern is not that we play well but that this team has to be, essentially, good in attack.how we do that is of secondary concern.we've won trophies all right-but i'm talking about the present,not the past.

you think i'm bullshitting results because you fail to see beyond those numbers.with foresight and a little more objectiveness you'd see that there is indeed a problem in this team,as is the case for 99% of the clubs in the world.

judging from your telling me to "go support lecce", i'm very surprised that you could still think that i'm averse to defensive football and that i'd rather juve play all out attacking football,considering that i have made it a point that i do love the way juve make defending an art and i certainly like the way they play their football.

the whole point i'm making is that we're not attacking as well as we should be and that if we're to defend so much we should be all the more potent in attack.now,if you've managed to read all of my posts(or even just one) you'd have realized that.

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
    well i am realizing that we are lacking a lot of set pieces and also lacking some inspiration.

we need imo: an inspirational defender because at the moment our defense looks realy weak. We need an attacking player who is a playmaker, an old del piero or an old ronaldo.

Something we are also missing is a very poor substitues bench. looking at barcelona, milan, chelsea, real madrid etc all their player are playmakers and are all stars, juve players rely more on team worker then on good players. well thats my opinion

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by djleli ] ++
    well i am realizing that we are lacking a lot of set pieces and also lacking some inspiration.

we need imo: an inspirational defender because at the moment our defense looks realy weak. We need an attacking player who is a playmaker, an old del piero or an old ronaldo.

Something we are also missing is a very poor substitues bench. looking at barcelona, milan, chelsea, real madrid etc all their player are playmakers and are all stars, juve players rely more on team worker then on good players. well thats my opinion

:confused:

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    Its very difficult to play attractive football with 2 holding midfielders, complete lack of genuine pace in the side and players who are individually brilliant but very lacking in the team ethic.

From the goal keeper, Buffon who cannot start a counter attack if his life depends on it, to Cannavaro who treats the football like a bar of soap, Zebina cannot attack without losing the ball and basically we have players who cannot pass the ball properly

We have absolutely not a single player in our squad that can see a pass 30 seconds before he executes it a la Pirlo, Zidane, Ronaldino etc

Not a single player that can attack the opposition with pace like Robben, Ronaldinho, Vicente, Adriano, Sheva etc

What we do have however is a good work ethic, players that are basically there to do a job and thats it, entertainment out of the window

You have Camoranesi and Zlatan who like to do the unnecessary and hold on to the ball for way too long, you have Dp who plays so casually nowadays, you just wonder at times why he is doing some of the things he does like the sorta lazy passes he is always liable to make then u have Appiah, Cannavaro, Zebina, Blasi who will pass the ball to where their team mate is nowhere near.

Oliveira has not impressed me with anything I have seen but Kapo has shown a few things

Nedved has bundles of energy but no flair though unlike others he can shoot the ball from distance and thats another thing aint it a shame that he is probably the only one that can actuall do that, Dp aside,maybe Zambrotta, the rest cannot shoot at all, well Appiah can and Tacchinardi but thats like 1 in 20 chances

Thuram has done his with the goals against Croatia and Milan , Cannavaro, shoot? whats that? Emerson surprisingly cannot, Zlatan is hopeless with it, Trez if the ball is not off the ground he cannot do it

I am not sure this team needs a playmaker but the biggest problem is the lack of pace in the attacking but its encouraging that we now get more men in the box

As for coming to watch, no matter how many times Inter draw, the fans will come back as they would be entertained , yes its frustrating to not win but at least u got something to say on ur way home unlike in Juve's games where its so boring at times all u are left discussing is refereeing decisions, then u wonder why fans do not turn up

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
    Its very difficult to play attractive football with 2 holding midfielders, complete lack of genuine pace in the side and players who are individually brilliant but very lacking in the team ethic.

From the goal keeper, Buffon who cannot start a counter attack if his life depends on it, to Cannavaro who treats the football like a bar of soap, Zebina cannot attack without losing the ball and basically we have players who cannot pass the ball properly

We have absolutely not a single player in our squad that can see a pass 30 seconds before he executes it a la Pirlo, Zidane, Ronaldino etc

Not a single player that can attack the opposition with pace like Robben, Ronaldinho, Vicente, Adriano, Sheva etc

What we do have however is a good work ethic, players that are basically there to do a job and thats it, entertainment out of the window

You have Camoranesi and Zlatan who like to do the unnecessary and hold on to the ball for way too long, you have Dp who plays so casually nowadays, you just wonder at times why he is doing some of the things he does like the sorta lazy passes he is always liable to make then u have Appiah, Cannavaro, Zebina, Blasi who will pass the ball to where their team mate is nowhere near.

Oliveira has not impressed me with anything I have seen but Kapo has shown a few things

Nedved has bundles of energy but no flair though unlike others he can shoot the ball from distance and thats another thing aint it a shame that he is probably the only one that can actuall do that, Dp aside,maybe Zambrotta, the rest cannot shoot at all, well Appiah can and Tacchinardi but thats like 1 in 20 chances

Thuram has done his with the goals against Croatia and Milan , Cannavaro, shoot? whats that? Emerson surprisingly cannot, Zlatan is hopeless with it, Trez if the ball is not off the ground he cannot do it

I am not sure this team needs a playmaker but the biggest problem is the lack of pace in the attacking but its encouraging that we now get more men in the box

As for coming to watch, no matter how many times Inter draw, the fans will come back as they would be entertained , yes its frustrating to not win but at least u got something to say on ur way home unlike in Juve's games where its so boring at times all u are left discussing is refereeing decisions, then u wonder why fans do not turn up
    Denco, i find perfectly normal that, after a game like the shitbag we play against Bologna, a nice amount of discomfort and frustation is in order, but your putting it like we are mediocre at best, where nobody know how to shoot or pass or play football. I find hard to believe that such a team would arrive winter champion at serie A......

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Denco, you say we have no players who can attack with pace. However, Zambrotta and Nedved have this quality but the former is not showing it like last season. I do concur that we need a true playmaker, but with Capello's tactics I do not see where we could fit one in.

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++

Denco, i find perfectly normal that, after a game like the shitbag we play against Bologna, a nice amount of discomfort and frustation is in order, but your putting it like we are mediocre at best, where nobody know how to shoot or pass or play football. I find hard to believe that such a team would arrive winter champion at serie A......
    Where did i say we are mediocre at best? I am talking about the quality of football, the entertainment value not the effectiveness cos that we are very good at . And please all this winer champion business is getting old, we and so many teams before and after us will win numerous championships by playing ugly, just ask the Portos of this world. One match does not change my attitude towards any team but we hardly set the world on fire with our general build up and play. We are very effective and thats noit necessarily a bad thing. I know ppl laugh at Inter and use them as a yard stick for mediocrity, but I would rather pay money to watch them and hear Juventus' result that we have won again by 1-0. I mean we had qualified for the Cl a long time ago, instead of using the game against Ajax to showboat and at least show fans we can be entertaining, we labour to a 1-0 victory and lets not even mention Maccaabi Haifa

@ Andy, are you seriously telling me you see Zambrota and Nedved going past 2 or 3 players with pace and still have control of the ball?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Zambrotta to some extent yes, not so much in the case of Nedved. But the latter does so by cutting towards the center, not skipping past defender after defender on the wing.

adelove

The Very Special One
    Sep 29, 2003
    Oh GOD bless ur good heart Andy!!!!!! Sometimes us fans don't like 2 tell or hear the truth.
    We lack a player who carries the ball in midfield,Emerson and Blasi win a lot of balls a dn then play them out wide for our fullbacks or over the top for Zlatan.Camo tries,but what I think we need is a player who can pick the ball up in the mibddle of the park and then run at the opposition,distract their centrebacks and then play the killer pass.
    Zlatan and DP has not worked well n i doubt if it will,Zlatan likes to drop outside the box,pick up the ball n then take 3 or 4 defenders with him.That kind of player needs to play with afox in the box,a penalty box assasin who can finish off when the centrebacks are all dancing to the tunes from Zlatan's flute.Dp is not a box player,most tomes he is not in the box n so there is no one 4 Zlatan 2 pass 2 after drawing out defendrs.
    I feel Trezegol's return will prove me right.
    As for the middle we need a creative spark in midfield,our balls over the top from Thuram,or overlapping runs from Zambro or Zebina are too predictable.We need a player who can think in midfield.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by adelove ] ++

Zlatan and DP has not worked well n i doubt if it will,Zlatan likes to drop outside the box,pick up the ball n then take 3 or 4 defenders with him.That kind of player needs to play with afox in the box,a penalty box assasin who can finish off when the centrebacks are all dancing to the tunes from Zlatan's flute.Dp is not a box player,most tomes he is not in the box n so there is no one 4 Zlatan 2 pass 2 after drawing out defendrs.
    absorluterly right, this is why Zlatan and Henke performed

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
    I know ppl laugh at Inter and use them as a yard stick for mediocrity, but I would rather pay money to watch them and hear Juventus' result that we have won again by 1-0...
    Feel free to do so.....its your choice....:cool:

mikko

Dec 9, 2004
    I feel that squad is guite well, but sometimes I have thought Juve need more versatile forward. ok Zlatan has brought it for Juve this season. I have to be envy Milan because they have Sheva.

OP
    Desmond

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #138
    After the Milan match it's evident that nothing can be accomplished with a good defence and mediocre attacking play against the big boys.Good teams usually have a decent balance between the two;our dependence on defence is somewhat embarrassing at times.Milan gave us a lesson in football on Saturday.They combined stalwart defending with stellar attacking play while we could only hope to valiantly thwart wave after wave of attacks,unable to hold onto or pass the ball properly and giving away the ball as cheaply far too often for my liking.

For such a defensive team we surprisingly cannot spring a successful counterattack or even string a couple of passes together without gifting our opponents with possession.Sure,you might argue that we need pacier players for the kind of counter-based tactics Liverpool employed under Gerard Houllier,but with players like Nedved and Ibrahimovic in the side surely this team is capable of more than the sub-standard play we displayed against Milan?

As the team stands now the basis of all our attacks is careful buildup and alot of patient possession.Obviously we aren't capable of that against bigger teams.To become more potent-and hopefully exciting- in offense we need to either adjust our gameplan or simply get better players.Zlatan is too fancy with his passing and goes for the flick or dummy when the simple pass would have done the job.Del Piero drops too deep and occasionally dwindles on the ball with little end product,and Nedved just doesn't accomplish much with his industrious runs and isn't capable of a killer pass or quick dummy into the path of a lurking forward.Camoranesi is,as ever,consistently inconsistent.

Of course not many simply laugh off and dismiss my crap because we are top and looking to knock out the galacticos in two months' time,but we won't be smiling for long,trust me.

GRK

Guitar God
    Oct 19, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
    What i've seen over the last few weeks has confirmed what i've suspected all along.this team bases everything on its defence-in attack we play like a team without a cause.we have no definite aim or purpose in the offense and attempts at the opposition attack are lacklustre,if not half-hearted.

There is no focus in attack.We lack Roma's directness or the two Milanese clubs' potency in offense.The whole attack seems lost at sea every time we venture forward and although we crowd the opposing half with players we don't seem dangerous whatsoever.Indeed Fiorentina,Messina,Bayern,Ajax and a handful of our previous opponents always seem so much more lethal and potent in attack.

Take a look at how Roma play and you'll get what i mean.They rarely have more than four players(as opposed to our 6 or 7) in the vincinty of the box but always look threatening,forever keeping the defenders on their toes and condemning the centrebacks to retreat into sweeper roles,forcing the midfielders to push back as well to help in defense.Inter attack,on the other hand,in small but distinct waves,unfathomable and disruptive to the fixed man-marking set by the opposing coach.You can never tell where the attack will come from,because Martins and Adriano nearly always run back to switch play to the opposing flank,pass to the centre or act as wingers themselves.

What we need is dynamism and a constant yet unpredictable gameplan.What i have seen so far is just neat passing and patient buildup coupled with a lot of luck.All due respect to Don Fabio and the lads,but we've scored more than we deserved.The statistics here are as flattering as they come and our problems will be exposed sooner or later.
    I hate to admit it, but you just might be right. I'd like to see someone at Juve like Shavchenko.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)