This Team Needs Something Badly (1 Viewer)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by pecker ] ++
I see him more of a ballwinner than a playmaker. I would like to try camo in the center, see how this would work out. :undecide:
I don't think that would work out. Camoranesi cannot hold the ball for as long as he likes to in the middle of the pitch. Just would not work out.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Desmond

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #102
    ++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++
    Its true....this team needs something badly....good supporters
    yes,good supporters who see beyond winning and decieving scorelines.

football is all about results and trophies?:rolleyes:

bullshit.

peckface

approaching curve
    Oct 3, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

I don't think that would work out. Camoranesi cannot hold the ball for as long as he likes to in the middle of the pitch. Just would not work out.
    don't know til we tried it. Its way to defensive right now.

Massimo

Oct 10, 2004

We create more than enough other topclubs inm Europe and Juve must grow and if the defence wasn't that good we did not stand on number one right now remember that..i always say: a good defence doesn't mean that they play defence..:D

Massimo

Oct 10, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++

bullshit.
    yep football is about winning the things you can win! if we don't win anything we won't be chearing:devil:

Massimo

Oct 10, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Camo just needs to play his game which he is doing good at the moment for Juve..:D

peckface

approaching curve
    Oct 3, 2004
    Maybe so, but still; Juventus have won every game we have scored first in.

In the two games we haven't, we've got a draw and a loss from (Palermo and Reggina).

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++

bullshit.
    Can you explain what do you mean by this?
    It seems that not only you dont like the way we are playing, but have a more profound problem with our team, bullshiting results and trophies that has been won with lots of effort and, yes, also nice football.

Frankly, you dont sound like a juve lover...go support Lecce.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004

It is not way too defensive if we are keeping the the ball out of our goal while scoring frequently. Moving Camoranesi to central midfield would be like putting Roberto Carlos at center-back. Not even worth thinking about.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Agreed, Camoranesi doesn't suit that position and to besides, taking out a defensive midfielder for an attacking one would disrupt everything. Capello's current system requires two ball winners in the centre, we would have to start from scratch if we wanted a more attacking formation.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
    Watching our game against Lazio yesterday, I think Juve needs:

a replacement for Alex, he's gone guys!!!
    another central defender, much younger one
    and fans

erado

Nov 2, 2004
    Alex didnt really play that bad given that he just return back from his injuries.. Did lost the ball a couple times and miss a golden opportunity after a neat 1-2 play with Zlatan..
    The difference of his performance is just that he didnt manage to score that goal...

with his injuries proneness, I can see where chxta is coming from, time is really not on Alex's side anymore :(

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    IMO our first team is still short of probably three players.

Buffon

Zebina
    Thuram
    Cannavaro
    Zambrotta

Emerson
    Nedved

Zlatan

These probably being players I consider to be world class or at least reliable (Zebina :D)

Now that shows that our goalie, entire back line and holding midfielder are pretty much the cream of europe, you can't get better than that.

Unfortunately in the creativity department we are clearly lacking what the other big guns have, and we also have no proven quality wingers or help for Zlatan up front, which is gonna get worrying later on in the season if he gets injured. Kapo and Olivera might be the answer but they just aren't playing regularly, whereas Camoranesi is consistently inconsistent and infuriating in possession. Appiah Blasi and Tacchinardi are all solid players but they're not a patch on Emerson and basically do the same job anyway.

Up front Zalayeta is doing the business right now but doubts have to be raised as to whether he can maintain this over a season, he's never really broken into the team before, and he's not really "young" in football terms anymore either. Delboy is pretty much past it and Trez is a useless lump.

So yeah basically the initial hypothesis is correct.. we NEED something badly.. in a word creativity! Lets look at our rivals for top team in europe

Chelsea ... Duff, Robben, Tiago, Lampard
    Milan... Seedorf, Kaka, Rui Costa, Pirlo
    Barcelona ... Giuly, Deco, Ronaldinho..

US... Nedved

:lazy:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Creativity is not always something required in an abundance. We have some, but there could always be more.

I think you are underrating Camoranesi thus far for this season. He has been consistent and looks miles ahead of last year's form. He could be added to the list of creative players, as surely Mauro is more creative than Duff.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    I completely disagree that Camo is more creative than Duff, unfortunately. Wish he was. All Camo creates with are his crosses, Duff is a much more multi dimensional player and scores a fair few goals too.

I know you don't need shed loads of creativity, I was using Milan and Barca as examples.. its not necessary to have Rui Costa Kaka Seedorf Pirlo in the same side but its worrying that we have only one "creative" player in Nedved who isn't really that creative anyway

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
    Oct 27, 2004
    Del Piero is creative. Emerson can be creative ;)

What this team needs is learning how to pass better. And learn some one-touch football :p then we will be MUCH more dangerous. We give away the ball too often.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
    Del Piero was creative. The skill may still be there, but the will almost definitely isn't. Why use Emerson in a creative role when he will be more useful in a holding role? We get someone to do the job during the January window.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)