Status
Not open for further replies.

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
Juventus to match any offer for Arsenal star
5th May 2006

By Staff Writer

Juventus have told Arsenal they will match any fee and wages offer made for striker Thierry Henry this summer.

The priceless Henry has been the subject of much speculation linking him with a move away from Highbury with Spanish giants Barcelona and Real Madrid seemingly the most likely targets.

Juventus coach Fabio Capello has specifically targeted Henry to bolster his challenge for next season's Champions League competition and is set to receive a significant transfer kitty from the club president to support that bid.

http://www.all3points.co.uk/cat/arsenal/juv050506.php

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
FC Barcelona

BARCELONA, Mar 16 (SW) - Spanish champions Barcelona claim that Arsenal’s French striker Thierry Henry has committed to a 'verbal agreement’ with the Catalan giants.

Sources within the organization claim that the French international has agreed to sign in the summer in a deal reportedly worth £140,000 a week.

Barcelona are refusing to make an official comment, but the Spanish press are reporting that Henry would come to the Nou Camp for only £10million. FIFA rules, and the fact that Henry is in the last year of his contract with Arsenal, would prevent the north London club from asking for a larger sum.

A club source said: "Signing Henry has always been the club's highest priority because it will have a knock-on effect on the remaining money available to Frank Rijkaard this summer.

"Rijkaard and his coaching staff are already working on a system for next season that will integrate Henry quickly and allow him to adapt as soon as possible to playing alongside Ronaldinho and Samuel Eto'o."

www.soccerway.com

Muha

The Head Physio
Feb 25, 2004
I don't think he'll come to Juve.... as some have said above, he needs space, and thats the last thing you find in Italy...

rainhard

May 5, 2004
King Henry...

he is one of the best finisher in the world..
great skill, great shot , great vision, great FK taker, he run so fast..

if he come to juve i think he can make 20++ goal per season

PS: I am the one who is very happy when we buy him from monaco..

and whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy moggi sell him to arsenal. i remember when he made hattrick against AS Roma. please correct me if i am wrong.. scoreline 3-0

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Lets say we somehow miracolously match Arsenal's price tag and get to negotiate with him coming to Juve. The first thing Henry will say is hell no, his spoken up about the clubs many times, infact he actually told trezeguet not to come to Juve and has told many french players that Juve is not the best club for them. Prior to the Juve arsenal game in UCL he also spoke about his patch in italy and said in the news of the world of how he is glad that he came to arsenal and how juventus is a misreble place for any footballer. So if he doesnt love the club, whats the point in even thinking about him? Even if we somehow persuade him to play for us I doubt he will regain the love he prolly first had for Juve before coming from monaco. I initially found this thread as bizarre in the first place.. Henry to Juve from arsenal? only in football manager.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
yeah, he scored hattrick against Roma. I remember that game. Roma was better than Arsenal and shoulda won, but they missed their chances and Thierry Henry stepped forward like the champion he is, and scored 1 freekick, 1 penalty kick and one play-goal.

He is the king :D

Apr 29, 2006
I think Henry is into a great shape and has a great co-operation with his current team formation/playmates. He is a great forward anyway, excellent purchase for any club, but really quite unlikebly to come to Juvetus and even Seria A.
If he goes to another club it will be for sure a club of Nike, because he has this contract still running and it is keeping Ballack in place, imagine about Henry...HE is currently running equal spot time to Ronaldinho, which leads to one team... anti ADIDAS spot time team... anti Real Madrid!!!
Of course that includes Juventus as well, he is one of Nike-teams and it is a top selling one, but due to the previous experience and this years CL end it will be most probably Barcelona or Arsenal - one of the winners, both playing with Nike...
But I do honestly believe that unless they attrack him with a crazy deal and amazing salary (140.000 Pound/Weekly were mentioned in the forum, for me it will not be more than 4 years contract) he will sign with Arsenal until the end of his carreer. Important factor is Arsenal winning CL this year and getting money for his contract, not only by CL but also by Nike :) (seriously!!!). So it is a tie situation - either Barcelona create a DreamTeam AntiREAL, either the guy stays in Arsenal. There are no other clubs playing with Nike for exchange or Transfer, Real will be very unlikely due to Adidas connection (Inter? - Adriano? - NOOOO! ) he will not be in Italy almost certainly.

If he joins Juve I will be glad, but not on the expense on much needed players now, which we currently need - ( AMF and CMF - a more creative and young one to substitute Even Vieira/Emerson when needed). If we get what we need and Henry it will be more like Juve- Dream team and we could swap a record breaking deal with Ronaldinho, but the world is getting unrealistic... ;) So I hope we concentrate over our young tallanted buy and Henry goes to Barcelona to create a Dream team and we BEAT them on the FINAL of CL next year, with a winning goal of DEL PIERO with ADIDAS in the 90th minute... :))))

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I dun want Henry here either, cause:

- Getting old, he ver performed great under Wenger that's it and his not really a hard working player, also I think he's cocky.

- Too many Frenchies

- Too many good FWs at Juve

- Too expencive and getting old

- Barca will get him anyway

- Better go for Cassano ;)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I really don't see the sense in signing Henry. Yeah, he's one of if not the best strikers in the world but what do we really want him for? We have positions that need strengthening but striker isn't one of them and Henry is gonna cost a shit load of money. Why spend a huge amount of cash on a player who isn't a necessity and if Capello doesn't change tactics Henry isn't going to be very effective either. He needs the ball at his feet but all Cap fuckin knows about is long balls to Zlatan. Forget about Henry and bring in a back up keeper, a right back, a centre back and a creative midfield force FFS!

Marko

GhostDog
May 1, 2006
That makes sense, Del Piero, Nedved and Zlatan are near the end of their careears. Or, maybe Juventus is just raising price (remember that Arsenal & Juventus are in good relationship!).

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Zlatan is 23/24 years old, how is he at the end of his career?

anyway, i dont think henry will suit juve for the many different reasons already given. however, im hoping he joins Barca for one reason.

Barca have Ronaldinho, Deco, Eto'o and Messi all starting on the field. You add Henry to that list and suddenly it changes a lot in terms of how they can play Eto'o in the same way he is played now and how the team can overall.

I remember Moggi praising Eto'o saying how good he is etc...and Capello praising Messi...Deco as linked with us before he joined barca as well. Im thinking that if Henry joins, suddenly Barca need to sell at least one of their current starting players. None of those names mentioned will want to start on bench. some may say Messi might accept the bench as he is young but he wont now that he knows he has the goods and should be starting.

I hope Henry joins barca because it means someone has to leave barca..they all cant be there..its too much.

I would love to get a player like Messi or Deco to help our creativity.

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
My theory: (not so serious though ;) )
We now do if we'd compete for henry even if the last idiot knows that he'll be going to barca. While we spread that rumours, we raise his transfer fee significantly and the result is that barca has to pay a lot more than they had foreseen. Result: They have to sell one or maybe two of THEIR players and thats where Juve comes in again ;) ;) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)