Thierry Henry (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
#10 said:
Sorry mate, i cant rememeber any artilcles stating his dislike...and to be honest, i dont want to read one either:D
I concur!

Infact there WERE articles that show how much Henry actually likes Juventus. He mentioned of how the atmosphere was really great here. I think that Henry would relish a second term with Juventus partnering up with Vieira and Trezeguet. But for this to be real, we'd have to release Ibra and Mutu. i'd like to keep Del Piero as the third striker bringing Palladino and heck, Valpato both bieng 4th and 5th striker.

I don't know about the Milan thing though...
1. Yes Milan do have a great footall style, a good balance of attack and defense
2. But Ancellotti was the guy that released Henry while at Juve.

So I wouldn't really know what Henry really thinks.

d.nico

Apr 23, 2003
- vOnAm - said:
I concur!

Infact there WERE articles that show how much Henry actually likes Juventus. He mentioned of how the atmosphere was really great here. I think that Henry would relish a second term with Juventus partnering up with Vieira and Trezeguet. But for this to be real, we'd have to release Ibra and Mutu. i'd like to keep Del Piero as the third striker bringing Palladino and heck, Valpato both bieng 4th and 5th striker.

I don't know about the Milan thing though...
1. Yes Milan do have a great footall style, a good balance of attack and defense
2. But Ancellotti was the guy that released Henry while at Juve.

So I wouldn't really know what Henry really thinks.
:agree: 100% agree...

and i will kill Henry if he joins Milan..

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
- vOnAm - said:
I concur!

Infact there WERE articles that show how much Henry actually likes Juventus. He mentioned of how the atmosphere was really great here.
Well I guess we have conflicting reports then. Either way as ive said Ive read the articles in the daily mirror, the sun and it was also mentioned on a football talk show called football focus, but in that show it wasnt him directly saying that but rather a football analyst mentioning it.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
PhRoZeN said:
Well I guess we have conflicting reports then. Either way as ive said Ive read the articles in the daily mirror, the sun and it was also mentioned on a football talk show called football focus, but in that show it wasnt him directly saying that but rather a football analyst mentioning it.
well perhaps we can clarify abit, who knows may be he had a change of heart.

I was referring to his interview during the 2003-2004 season. (Lippi's last season).
When Henry was asked who would win the serie A he answered something like:

"My heart says Juventus, but my head says Roma."
(that time under capello Roma were playin beautiful football)

And then also if Im not mistaken he mentioned how he was very happy at the atmosphere here with Del Piero and the others and was sad not to be given more time to prove himself.

But again that was awhile ago so....

d.nico

Apr 23, 2003
- vOnAm - said:

I was referring to his interview during the 2003-2004 season. (Lippi's last season).

And then also if Im not mistaken he mentioned how he was very happy at the atmosphere here with Del Piero and the others and was sad not to be given more time to prove himself.

His heart still with Juve. He has so many friends here, and Moggi can do his work.

Come back please...

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
d.nico said:
His heart still with Juve. He has so many friends here, and Moggi can do his work.

Come back please...
yeah, Vieira, Thuram, and Trezeguet; his french mates :D

Although it would be difficult to manage, seeing that we will have to get rid of atleast Ibrahimovic and Mutu(who hasn't impressed playing out of position and doesn't look like he'll get a chance in position)

Sep 1, 2002
PhRoZeN said:
Ive read his quite a few times in the english newspapers. Also prior to leaving arsenal there was a huge article both in the sun and the mirror expressing his dislike for Juve.
The Sun and the Mirror! well it must be true.

If Platini arrives soon: as I think he may well do, then, and only then, could we start to dream. Trez, Henry and Zlaza coming back deeper. Ah and Joaquin supplying the killer ball.

d.nico

Apr 23, 2003
- vOnAm - said:
yeah, Vieira, Thuram, and Trezeguet; his french mates :D

Although it would be difficult to manage, seeing that we will have to get rid of atleast Ibrahimovic and Mutu(who hasn't impressed playing out of position and doesn't look like he'll get a chance in position)
not to mention Landry Bonnefoi and Kapo ;)

---------------Trezeguet-------------------
-----Henry------------------Del Piero-----

Zlatan and Mutu for back-up :cool:

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
- vOnAm - said:

Well as I already said the articles were from two of the major tabloids in england. The actual article was before our first meeting with arsenal in 2001. The articles were quoted by him in where I think he said he found the italian atmosphere as "slow, and daunting" and how the english atmosphere is fast and pleasing and just how he likes it. He then goes on and says Juventus didnt have no faith in me, it was a miserable place and im glad arsene has saved me... something on these lines. I dont unfortunately have the newspaper on me otherwise it would have been worth a scan. But for obvious reasons I felt like crap at the time of reading that simply because we had sold a gem.

However in saying that I also saw in football focus that it was said by an analyst whilst talking about the viera issue (of him leaving arsenal when coming to juve) that henry was shocked even more so because he had advised him (viera) that juventus wouldnt suit him and how he personally found it to be a misreble place but nevertheless wished him good luck. Therefore to a certain extent if these reports that are true which came from an analyst and nit thierry henry directly then I would say that is only last years comments and thus would best describe his feelings of juve. Either way by the sound of things I guess you are right that players can change there feelings, we have had many examples of "anti sentiment" feelings yet players end up moving to the rivals or clubs they "disliked". I know that viera himself spoke harshly about italian football too after his small spell at milan.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
hmm, those are pretty credible sources...well I read mine from an interview out of goal.com (when they were still quite credible too...)

I guess Henry could have had a good raport with Juve players coz I do remember him praising Del Piero for bieng so welcoming....

But it would be clear that serie A football is too slow, and that the mangement didn't have faith in him, only 6months. But all the more reason of him not comin back to play under Ancelotti too....so I guess by his words, his destination would certainly be Barca

All of these rumours are circulated by his agent to give Henry some bargaining power for wage negotiations I assume..

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Henry sad to leave Highbury

Thierry Henry plays at Highbury for the last time today and feels it is easily the best ground he has played at. “The reason why many people are sad to leave Highbury is that there is a special love of grounds in England you don’t get in Italy,” said the ex-Juve winger. “I left Juventus almost seven years ago and the Stadio Dele Alpi is the complete opposite of Highbury. It has no atmosphere. No soul, it’s little wonder they are knocking it down and starting again.” The 28-year-old Premiership top scorer has also won the Barclays Player of the Year Award. Matt Appleby from the Barclays Awards Panel said: “Henry has graced Arsenal's last season at Highbury in magnificent style. He combines moments of brilliance and entertainment with match-winning goals.”

i don't think he likes JUVENTUS.. they almost ruined his career.. simply Juve can't discover young talents.. and allways has to buy proven players..

zizoufan

Z.Z T h e M a s t e r
May 25, 2004
LeTee said:
Henry sad to leave Highbury

Thierry Henry plays at Highbury for the last time today and feels it is easily the best ground he has played at. “The reason why many people are sad to leave Highbury is that there is a special love of grounds in England you don’t get in Italy,” said the ex-Juve winger. “I left Juventus almost seven years ago and the Stadio Dele Alpi is the complete opposite of Highbury. It has no atmosphere. No soul, it’s little wonder they are knocking it down and starting again.” The 28-year-old Premiership top scorer has also won the Barclays Player of the Year Award. Matt Appleby from the Barclays Awards Panel said: “Henry has graced Arsenal's last season at Highbury in magnificent style. He combines moments of brilliance and entertainment with match-winning goals.”

i don't think he likes JUVENTUS.. they almost ruined his career.. simply Juve can't discover young talents.. and allways has to buy proven players..

pretty obvious !

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
- vOnAm - said:
so I guess by his words, his destination would certainly be Barca

All of these rumours are circulated by his agent to give Henry some bargaining power for wage negotiations I assume..
Agree. Just to add although I believe him coming to milan is unlikely, I do however think he may have different feelings about milan altogether. Despite them playing in what he may call a boring league, milan has been well known as a better attacking side as a whole than Juve. This is certainly something which I feel or hear from england a lot, and due to milans european dominance as well as well as their ability to usually spend more money on transfers and attract big names at their club, I do feel that he may not be too concerned in them regards. In other words milan as a whole is seen less "boring" than juve. In saying that I do feel one thing he proberly would love is to partner someone as fast as him.

Matteo..

Apr 30, 2006
You know what? I fvcking disagree. The Delle Alpi isn't a horibble stadium. It's not just the architecture of the Delle Alpi that's causing these attendance rates you know.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Matteo10 said:
You know what? I fvcking disagree. The Delle Alpi isn't a horibble stadium. It's not just the architecture of the Delle Alpi that's causing these attendance rates you know.
Yeah but rather its them misreble tactics played by our manager. To be honest the architecture does play a big role, I mean its often difficult for the short sighted who prolly even sits near the first row to see his favourite player. Destroy the running track and get some sunlight in the stadium would create a better atmosphere and actually bring a little more motivation for the team. I know in england all stadiums are close to the pitch, this is something which I honestly admire it makes a louder atmosphere, so much so that the opposition dont know what the heck is goin on. We ourselves are witness upon that if you notice the Juve that went to highbury and Anfield felt the same way. Also if you look at the past the meetings with man utd were exactly the same, intimidating which meant the players found it hard to focus.

Matteo..

Apr 30, 2006
Come on, you're not THAT far from the pitch in the Delle Alpi. I wonder how many of those that claim you can barely watch the game have actually been there. I agree I could fvcking see De Rossi's face when he played in Brugge, but it's not as bad in Turin as they say it it.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Matteo10 said:
Come on, you're not THAT far from the pitch in the Delle Alpi. I wonder how many of those that claim you can barely watch the game have actually been there. I agree I could fvcking see De Rossi's face when he played in Brugge, but it's not as bad in Turin as they say it it.
Heres a good site about delle alpi stadium.

http://bianconeri.tripod.com/dellealpi.html

Personally I havent been to turin since I was an ten year old so its been a long time and it was during a home game against parma so therfore yes I cant say much from experience, but ive read or heard plenty of others people experience to know and to gather enough information to say its certainly not as great as some of the minority make it out to be. I know the article from the site above has quite a lot of info but heres some key points

It was also discovered that around the entire stadium it was impossible to see the whole pitch from the lower seats. From there you could only see the promotion boards. So there has never been more than 65 000 spectators

The legendary Juventus president Giovanni Agnelli didn't use much time to tell the press that he didn't like the new Stadio Delle Alpi. He thought the stands were too far from the pitch and that the visibility was poor. In the beginning everybody at least thought that Turin could host big Athletics Grand Prix on their brand new athletic pitch, instead it was soon discovered that this was impossible. The Delle Alpi stadium didn't have a warm up track and it was therefore impossible to arrange International Athletic Grand Prix there. One time only, in 1993, has there been an athletic competion at the Stadio Delle Alpi. So the stadium has a huge athletic pitch which not only reduces the visibility of the spectators, but it is also impossible to use for athletics! Spectators with bad seats can in some cases find themselves 162 metres from the ball during the game.

Juventus and Torino had to pay more than the other Serie A clubs for the rent of the stadium. When Juventus got a new management in 1994(Umberto Agnelli, Giraudo, Moggi and Bettega), they immediately started talking about building a new stadium. They said that the costs of the Delle Alpi were too high and that they wanted a new deal.
The main point is that due to the structure of the stadium and lack of supporters coming (which is down to accesibllity also) the costs are too high, and rightly so its time money was spent on a stadium which could attract more people and in turn bring a better revenue.

Sep 1, 2002
PhRoZeN said:
Yeah but rather its them misreble tactics played by our manager. To be honest the architecture does play a big role, I mean its often difficult for the short sighted who prolly even sits near the first row to see his favourite player. Destroy the running track and get some sunlight in the stadium would create a better atmosphere and actually bring a little more motivation for the team. I know in england all stadiums are close to the pitch, this is something which I honestly admire it makes a louder atmosphere, so much so that the opposition dont know what the heck is goin on. We ourselves are witness upon that if you notice the Juve that went to highbury and Anfield felt the same way. Also if you look at the past the meetings with man utd were exactly the same, intimidating which meant the players found it hard to focus.

Indeed, from a high point in 1997-98 of 47000, we have seen a steady decrease in attendence, falling rapidly these last two. What can we see from this: that exciting football draws in the crowds, and that the insipid lukewarm playing tactics of our current side keep them away.

Lets win, not by all means, but with flair- a dirty word two our last two coaches.

Jul 28, 2002
Anchefatti wasnt that much better....at Milan he merely has berlusconi enforcing the ideal of good football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)