The worrying lack of spirit since Pavel departed... (2 Viewers)

OP
Lo-Pan

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
  • Thread Starter #81
    1. Burke what's your beef with weed you straight edge mother fucker :p?

2. Weed Guru this is not 'Big Footy' forum. You don't just start a new thread over anything that comes to your head. Stop it.
    I rarely start threads on these forums. And only do, when i have discussed a juve subject with other football supporters I am friendly with, and grown annoyed at them only going so far with the discussion, because their loyalties lie elsewhere...so I come on here, and hope to discuss the subject with others of a like football mind. Starting new threads over anything that pops into my head is not at all my M.O...

I have not talked nonstop about weed since i started posting on these forums. Nor have I been a major Promoter of any poisons...Neither am I a hardcore stoner, constantly stoned...

And I guess, I deviated from the topic in hand, which I do think is a decent talking point bearing in mind our current lathergy on field, because I find it aggravating to be labelled mindless, due to my drug habits...though, as I have said before, my main poison these days is vodka.

Spirit is important to me. as a fan, as a part of the juve family...Immediately players like Conte, Di Livio, Torricelli come to mind. Players who would literally give their ALL, every time they donned the famous shirt and flew into battle. We lack those kind of players presently, other than Iaquinta. And we need leaders. that is my point...I wondered if anyone else saw the void left by nedved regarding this Midfielder, or Offensively minded braveheart...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
    As for the topic: No, I don't think we've lost the spirit, I mean just look at Diego running all the way back to cover for Grosso, and make a last second tackle. And Melo's crazy celebrations at the start of the season.

The spirit is there. The fitness, the gelling, and form is lacking and should be back soon enough. All teams go thru this, especially the ones with a lot of novelties to deal with.

Apr 12, 2004
    its like eating your boogers how creative is that: look theres some grass lets smoke it. WEAK.
    :lol2:
    1. Burke what's your beef with weed you straight edge mother fucker :p?

2. Weed Guru this is not 'Big Footy' forum. You don't just start a new thread over anything that comes to your head. Stop it.
    Just don't dig on swine, that's all.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    Eℓvin;2192933 said:
    As for the topic: No, I don't think we've lost the spirit, I mean just look at Diego running all the way back to cover for Grosso, and make a last second tackle.
    The spirit is there. The fitness, the gelling and form is lacking and should be back soon enough. All teams go thru this, especially the ones with a lot of novelties.
    :agree: I don't think spirit is the issue either, it seems to me that our players really lack ideas and a real attack plan, I must say I blame Ferrara, I am not saying he should be axed right now but I think so far the team have failed to put his tactics to use. Our players aren't lazy they seem more confused

OP
    Lo-Pan

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
    Feb 11, 2009
  • Thread Starter #85
    Where would this confusion be stemming from? Lack of intense training in their positions or a lack of suitability to the roles they are charged with?

I understand that we are in a period of transition, but I was hoping, by now, even with the injuries we have had, that now and then, we would be destroying teams...Just through the amount of talent in the midfield.

Probably just TIME.

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
    Nov 26, 2008
    Is the result that counts Burke.A tie at a packed allianz arena, was a good result for us . You just need to wait and see what Bayern does in turin.

kongen73

Jun 5, 2009
    :tup:
    Then don't post.

The lack of spirit, is a subject which I see as far more important than the above examples you have given. As spirit determines form. Without it ALL teams fail to produce decent football...And if our manager doesn't seem capable of instilling in our ranks, the required spirit, then its a definite talking point for anyone who holds Juve dear to their hearts.

Where is our spirit? When did it leave? The last time I saw it, for a whole 90 minutes, was during the second game against chelsea.

There are too many players lacking determination to succeed and profesionalism...none worse so lacking the latter, than Camo...whose talents are clear, yet his attitude it a disgrace. I could not imagine Alex ferguson, or Wenger, or Capello, being content to see one of their players so consistently uninterested, ill disciplined and doing nothing to help defend as a team...

I am not lacking faith in Ciro. And truly, I hope that once we get players fit, and string a few decent performances and results together, the confidence and drive will flow back into the team...

intelligent, lively debate is what I come on these forums to engage in...and its posts like

'my solution for this team is to lock then a room with a french press and a tube of astro-glide'

which bother me into feeling that there are too many puerile goons, to have a decent, staggered conversation with, about the common thread between us all; Juve.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
    Jan 26, 2009
    Bayern? :andyandbarcelona: :disagree: Pff. What a joke of a team FC Hollywood is. You guys are fighting for what, 5'th place in the Bundesliga right now?! Who lost 3-1 to Bordeaux and had 2 players sent off?! You will probably be missing your best player for, let's see now, the rest of the season?!

I give you this tho; you definitely have the nerve, and got guts talking like that in a Juve forum ;)

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
    I rarely start threads on these forums. And only do, when i have discussed a juve subject with other football supporters I am friendly with, and grown annoyed at them only going so far with the discussion, because their loyalties lie elsewhere...so I come on here, and hope to discuss the subject with others of a like football mind. Starting new threads over anything that pops into my head is not at all my M.O...

I have not talked nonstop about weed since i started posting on these forums. Nor have I been a major Promoter of any poisons...Neither am I a hardcore stoner, constantly stoned...

And I guess, I deviated from the topic in hand, which I do think is a decent talking point bearing in mind our current lathergy on field, because I find it aggravating to be labelled mindless, due to my drug habits...though, as I have said before, my main poison these days is vodka.

Spirit is important to me. as a fan, as a part of the juve family...Immediately players like Conte, Di Livio, Torricelli come to mind. Players who would literally give their ALL, every time they donned the famous shirt and flew into battle. We lack those kind of players presently, other than Iaquinta. And we need leaders. that is my point...I wondered if anyone else saw the void left by nedved regarding this Midfielder, or Offensively minded braveheart...
    I don't think 'spirit' is a topic which can generate that much debate or discussion. Not enough to have its own thread. You make a good point but starting threads over little things like 'spirit' is a pet peeve of mine.
    We have proud Juventino's in our team. IQ, Del Piero, Marchisio, Chiellini, Giovinco, Buffon and Melo who hasn't established himself yet but is among the most passionate in the team. These are all players who bring plenty of spirit to the team.

Apr 17, 2009
    I don't think 'spirit' is a topic which can generate that much debate or discussion. Not enough to have its own thread. You make a good point but starting threads over little things like 'spirit' is a pet peeve of mine.
    We have proud Juventino's in our team. IQ, Del Piero, Marchisio, Chiellini, Giovinco, Buffon and Melo who hasn't established himself yet but is among the most passionate in the team. These are all players who bring plenty of spirit to the team.
    Melo is definitely one of the more passionate and emotional players. You see it all over his face every game. I like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)