The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (4 Viewers)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
You haven't even started Witcher 3 so how would you know? :klin: Seriously, I've always liked RPG games since I was a kid, The Wticher 3 is RPG Fantasy on another level, there's no comparison to anything that came before. Simply because everything it does is superb, the complex system where your choices change everything even on small side missions, etc..
I have seen the extensive review of it, so i got the idea.

It has the style that dragon age inquisition tried to pull off, but the witcher 3 does it much better.

However, Dragon Age Origins remains the best RPG in history. The biggest factor that made people vote EA "the worst company in the world" the first time, was because of Dragon Age 2.

OP
CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #63
    I have seen the extensive review of it, so i got the idea.

It has the style that dragon age inquisition tried to pull off, but the witcher 3 does it much better.

However, Dragon Age Origins remains the best RPG in history. The biggest factor that made people vote EA "the worst company in the world" the first time, was because of Dragon Age 2.
    I own both games, it's nothing like Inquisition.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed except for combat...combat is really lacking in witcher 3 but with everything else, especially the RPG aspect, total boss
    Well, if you consider we've yet to see a game with a perfect combat system then it surely is a good one. I do agree though all third person games (including not necessarily RPG games like The Batman Series or Assassin's Creed, Sleeping Dogs,etc) are lacking a bit in that department and need to come up with something fresh. The same combo-system used for all the Batman wannabe games got really boring.

At least on the Witcher you have several ways to evade an attack, not just the basic block and attack.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    I played both games, it's nothing like Inquisition.
    But did you play origins

- - - Updated - - -

I own both games, it's nothing like Inquisition.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, if you consider we've yet to see a game with a perfect combat system then it surely is a good one. I do agree though all third person games (including not necessarily RPG games like The Batman Series or Assassin's Creed, Sleeping Dogs,etc) are lacking a bit in that department and need to come up with something fresh. The same combo-system used for all the Batman wannabe games got really boring.

At least on the Witcher you have several ways to evade an attack, not just the basic block and attack.
    Dark Souls has a perfect combat system.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    Who cares about NG ? Its out on PC

It had a competitive scene, where after years they still didnt decide what build and weapon was the best.
    It had a perfect parry, block and dodge mechanic, and a big variety on how to attack(this i like about witcher styles aswel)
    it has a counter mechanic with the parry+stab and the backstab wich is FAR more difficult but rewarding then witcher combo system
    It had player and weapon buff mechanics, and moderate potionry.

My character had the selfbuff that doubled damage, but ate away health (can be compared to the witcher potion that increases damage but nerfs dodge and parry)
    It had "chrystalised magic weapon", for insane weapon damage, but it costs a ton to cast
    I had to prepare my bigger battles, like a witcher does

So as you can see, i kinda dig the witcher. But when i had just begun the second game and then tried dark souls at a friend, i uninstalled it and played dark souls instead.

I do like the combat mechanic in the witcher 1 so far. I like versatility and preparing. I like the combo system. But dark souls was superior

Anything non combat in the witcher is insanely good tho

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    Kinda like the witcher one. I must commend the guy that mentionned redheads as a reason to purchase.

I'm still in act one, and so far my greatest achievements seemb to have slept with triss, some outskirt town women, and abigail.

OP
    CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #68
    Kinda like the witcher one. I must commend the guy that mentionned redheads as a reason to purchase.

I'm still in act one, and so far my greatest achievements seemb to have slept with triss, some outskirt town women, and abigail.
    :D I don't even remember much of the first game.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    OP
    CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #70
    "the beast"

Had to restart a billion times cause abigail kept dying.

Untill i learned she wasent actually dead. fml. Killed it immediatly

- - - Updated - - -

The witcher themesong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a76OQZB-Q2s&feature=youtu.be&t=7s&ab_channel=JannesMeyer

If you know where its from, you are awesome
    Hmm don't know it.

Btw the new Witcher 3 DLC sounds cool as hell

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/what-you-need-to-know-about-the-witcher-3s-hearts-/1100-6430475/

OP
    CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #72

Lion

King of Tuz
    Jan 24, 2007
    but who was deus ex games?
    but who was final fnatasy 6 and 4
    but who was mario and luigi?
    but who was mass effect series?
    but who was baldur's gate?
    but who was knights of the old republic?
    but who was persona 3 and 4?
    but who was disgaea?

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    but who was deus ex games?
    but who was final fnatasy 6 and 4
    but who was mario and luigi?
    but who was mass effect series?
    but who was baldur's gate?
    but who was knights of the old republic?
    but who was persona 3 and 4?
    but who was disgaea?
    Alot of good titles in there Lion.

Mass effect, probably my favorite series ever. The second game was incredibly excellent.

DAO is considered legendary good by many. But for me, that game was borderline perfection. Its the only game i can exactly build my class like i exactly want. So, SO good.

You needed EA to have done fucked it up in the sequel

OP
    CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #78
    Somebody leaked some info on the content and changes in the next DLC and man, does it sound exciting! @Salvo @Tak!

“BaW Level Req: BaW minimum level will be 40 and you can start it before or after the main story.

Expansion “VIBE”:
    huge “Brotherhood of the Wolf” Vibe- no idea what he meant here. i don’t know this Brotherhood thingy.

Endings:
    BaW will offer 2 Standard endings and 1 secret ending that will be available only if you did something specific in the main story.

New Sword:
    a new “Bone” Sword that probably connected to the Brotherhood of the Wolf.

New NPC Type:
    New npc’s that will offer to change Armors Colors and we will 1 in each of the major areas-Novigrad/Skellige/Toussaint.

New Skills:
    4 new Skills for Combat/Alchemy/Signs and 12 New General Skills also 3 new Skills slots and 1 mutagen Slot

Trophies Rework:
    Something about Trophys no longer useless but gives good buffs that effects your whole gameplay.

New Armors:
    Something about Witcher gear will have alternate Upgrades for each set.

Map Size:
    Devs said that the map grows bigger over time and right now its around 75% of Novigrad/Velen and by the end of development it will be even bigger.

New Animations:
    New combat Animations and New Combat MOVES< maybe the new skills ? New Fist Fights Animations New Drinking Decoctions Animations – something like the CGI Trailers

Rebalance Changes:
    Huge Combat Balance-a new balance for the Difficulty levels which will be harder to play in the later acts.

New Sign:
    Helitrop Sign is coming back from W2 and will be a bit different and also offer an alternate mode.

Boss Fights:
    we gonna see some awesome boss fights like HOS but we will also have 1 HUGE boss fight that will be the hardest ever made – something like the Kraken from W2

Graphics:
    something about Toussaint gonna have the most complex lighting system. Bigger visible Distance, reduced FOG, better LOD and basically Toussaint gonna be the most amazing Graphic area ever made – the tech changes will be applied to Toussaint ONLY! other areas remain the same.

Camera:
    New Camera Settings and FOV Settings will be available- Also CDPR working on new First Person mode.

Iorveth\Saskia- Not gonna be in the new Expansion.

Gwent:
    New Skills??,New Cards,New Leader Cards and something about you gonna have Double the things to do in Gwent now ? probably a blessed rework for gwent?

Story:
    He did not ask for any story information because of spoilers.

Release Date:
    Early June , Devs said they dont want to push things sooner because they want the Fans to miss The Witcher more and more. Development will be over around the End of April and Early May, but might pushed later for release. We gonna see new gameplay movies around End of May.”

Now, it should go without saying that we can’t take this at face value yet and need to wait for official word from the developers to see if any of this holds water. Still, these kinds of leaks usually end up landing somewhere around the eventual truth, so it’s very exciting to see that The Witcher 3 will go out with a big expansion in Blood and Wine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)