The Wish List and General Discussion Thread (22 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
But look at our non-EU transfers in the years it was 2.

When it was changed to 1 we were bitching :lol2:
That's why I'm not joining the conspiracy theory that it was done only to hurt Juve. Caceres was the only non-EU player we signed in the 3 seasons after Calciopoli, even though we could have signed 2 non-EUs per year.

I'm convinced that shocked by the catastrophe in South Africa, the FIGC weren't thinking clearly, the emotions played a big part, and they rushed in, in attempt to "protect" Italian football.
Now they realized the mistake and the time did the rest. SA is slowly forgotten.
Of course, some pressure from the big teams in Italy is also a reason why is FIGC changing it back to 2 non-EU, but even without any pressure FIGC was sooner or later going to change the silly rule.

Gabriel

Killed By Death
May 23, 2010
Marchisio 8 - 10mln, he seriously has done nothing to prove the 15+mln valuations some people throw around here, if i were the transfer director of any top team i would skip him anyway.

Pastore 15-18mln, He is a great player with a great passing range and vision, wonderful technique too, however i have doubts about his mentality, he seems to give up easily when things are not going his way. Surely worth the risk though.

Sanchez 20mln, Before this season i always thought he was just a flashy skillfull player with no brains nor end product, he has been stepping up his game though and under the right guidance he could be a WC player.
Forgot about Hamsik, i value him at 20m.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
That's why I'm not joining the conspiracy theory that it was done only to hurt Juve. Caceres was the only non-EU player we signed in the 3 seasons after Calciopoli, even though we could have signed 2 non-EUs per year.

I'm convinced that shocked by the catastrophe in South Africa, the FIGC weren't thinking clearly, the emotions played a big part, and they rushed in, in attempt to "protect" Italian football.
Now they realized the mistake and the time did the rest. SA is slowly forgotten.
Of course, some pressure from the big teams in Italy is also a reason why is FIGC changing it back to 2 non-EU, but even without any pressure FIGC was sooner or later going to change the silly rule.
Very very very good post.

-REP
:D

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
And Dzeko moves to city :sergio:

imagine Krasic + Dzeko + Neymar
imagine is the right word ... honestly guys, I can understand the bitterness here but do you honestly believe that keeping the 2 non-eu player rule last year would have made any difference to Juve's season, which was doomed the moment a genious like del Neri was appointed as a coach?
Do you honestly believe that Juve could measure up to Man City's check-writing power or that not signing Dzeko was the main reason for Juve's sub-par season or that Marotta, with all his acumen, would indeed assemble a team with Neymar in it?

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
imagine is the right word ... honestly guys, I can understand the bitterness here but do you honestly believe that keeping the 2 non-eu player rule last year would have made any difference to Juve's season, which was doomed the moment a genious like del Neri was appointed as a coach?
Do you honestly believe that Juve could measure up to Man City's check-writing power or that not signing Dzeko was the main reason for Juve's sub-par season or that Marotta, with all his acumen, would indeed assemble a team with Neymar in it?
We would of had Dzeko and Krasic.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
We would of had Dzeko and Krasic.
I'm not sure. We needed cash for Dzeko and if we did have it, then why did we, after the 1 non-EU rule, act so pennyless? We had to sell Diego and we brought a bunch of guys on loan+rights to buy?
One possible answer is that we wanted to keep the money for a world class player which we couldn't sign that particular summer, but it's a weak explanation imo. If we did have so much money, we weren't gonna go into the season with so many late panic buys. Marotta had more than a month to do something after he knew that he can't buy 2 non-EUs, yet he went for cheap last minute transfers.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
I'm not sure. We needed cash for Dzeko and if we did have it, then why did we, after the 1 non-EU rule, act so pennyless? We had to sell Diego and we brought a bunch of guys on loan+rights to buy?
One possible answer is that we wanted to keep the money for a world class player which we couldn't sign that particular summer, but it's a weak explanation imo. If we did have so much money, we weren't gonna go into the season with so many late panic buys. Marotta had more than a month to do something after he knew that he can't buy 2 non-EUs, yet he went for cheap last minute transfers.
Again a good post from Alen.
-REP.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005

a very good post indeed, even though it would be probably pretty unpopular :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)