The Wish List and General Discussion Thread (17 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I wasn't insinuating that you haven't watched him enough IZ, but after you said that Eboue is a better fullback than he is, thats when i start having doubts over whether you watch Arsenal or not. Sagna is definitely light years better than Eboue at fullback, anyone who regularly watches Arsenal will tell you as much.

Johnson is a poor defender, i don't think he's as good as Sagna at all. Sagna is the more consistent and the more balanced fullback.

You could however make an argument for Bosingwa.

Buy on AliExpress.com

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
I wasn't insinuating that you haven't watched him enough IZ, but after you said that Eboue is a better fullback than he is, thats when i start having doubts over whether you watch Arsenal or not. Sagna is definitely light years better than Eboue at fullback, anyone who regularly watches Arsenal will tell you as much.

Johnson is a poor defender, i don't think he's as good as Sagna at all. Sagna is the more consistent and the more balanced fullback.

He always played well when I've seen him on T.V., of the two I've only seen Sagna play in person once and he wasn't that good. Fair Enough though, you're entitled to your opinion but I don't think you can really debate about it this season due to the utility nature of Eboue.

You're entitled to hold him in higher esteem than johnson, but Sagna is not in my opinion a top 5 on the face of this planet, especially when one considers the ability of the other Arsenal player who would be top 5 like Fabregas (top 3?).

I could but I won't because he's a Chelsea douche.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
He always played well when I've seen him on T.V., of the two I've only seen Sagna play in person once and he wasn't that good. Fair Enough though, you're entitled to your opinion but I don't think you can really debate about it this season due to the utility nature of Eboue.

You're entitled to hold him in higher esteem than johnson, but Sagna is not in my opinion a top 5 on the face of this planet, especially when one considers the ability of the other Arsenal player who would be top 5 like Fabregas (top 3?).

I could but I won't because he's a Chelsea douche.
The Eboue VS Sagna is not even debatable mate, Eboue has had two years as a first choice rightback in which he didn't prove that he's good enough. He was even given a few games at rightback this season, admittedly he's done well in that position against the weaker sides, but he has been exposed way too often against the stronger sides. Sagna on the other hand has been one of our most consistent players this season, he hasn't had a lot of bad games this season, and on current form i would argue that he has been second only to Ivanovic this season in the EPL. Johnson isn't even close.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
“I admire him a great deal, because during his time at Juve he was the only one who would support my arrival.

“He did everything to bring me to Turin and I always thank him for that gesture. I hope that at least he can get to the Italy squad.

Another proof that the coaches in Italy have nothing or very little to do with the transfers.
I'm still sure that Ranieri wasn't the one who didn't want Xabi Alonso. The board couldn't buy Xabi and in the end they made Ranieri say how it was a tactical choice or whatever other excuse he used for buying Poulsen.
They have nothing to do with transfers but they are the ones to say "I want an attacking kind of player, defensive, wingers" or anything else. I'm pretty sure it was how Ranieri pointed his finger on Poulsen and it happened. Just like he did with Momo.

You're right how they don't have much to say when it comes to transfer but it will change if we get Rafa.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
The Eboue VS Sagna is not even debatable mate, Eboue has had two years as a first choice rightback in which he didn't prove that he's good enough. He was even given a few games at rightback this season, admittedly he's done well in that position against the weaker sides, but he has been exposed way too often against the stronger sides. Sagna on the other hand has been one of our most consistent players this season, he hasn't had a lot of bad games this season, and on current form i would argue that he has been second only to Ivanovic this season in the EPL. Johnson isn't even close.
I would disagree, noting that i'm not going on form entirely, moreso just on observation of ability, even though you obviously watch more Arsenal games than I do, my fleeting memories of eboue still beat my current underwhelmed memories of Sagna, just my opinion though. Johnson has had a woeful season purely because he's responisble for unbalancing the tactical system of benitez along with Lucas the god-like Regista.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008

Agree with you Fred, positional wise as RB Sagna is better than Eboue. He is better footballer overall especially in defensive tactical aspects. I also love the way he plays too, tireless running up and down the field so fast, can make a cross..

As compare Sagna to Rafinha, is too early i assume. I believe none of you saw Rafinha much more than watch Sagna plays. Just because Rafinha is Brazillian like Alves and Maicon doesn't make him is one of the better RB. But Rafinha definitely one of the good RB available

And how is the chance our club sign Bosingwa? Ivanovic has become one great RB for Chelsea and it will be hard to choose between them for RB. I wouldn't mind Juve sign one of them

Jul 15, 2006
Sagna wouldn't play a single game with Alves and Maicon infront of him either, though him having the experience as an international should also count for something.

I agree with what you said though. :tup:
:tup:

What the fuck are you talking about? I even indented the word WORTH.
Don't tell me you can't comprehend the difference between worth and cost, seriously.
Seriously? Sanga isn't worth more than Rafinha?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Agree with you Fred, positional wise as RB Sagna is better than Eboue. He is better footballer overall especially in defensive tactical aspects. I also love the way he plays too, tireless running up and down the field so fast, can make a cross..

As compare Sagna to Rafinha, is too early i assume. I believe none of you saw Rafinha much more than watch Sagna plays. Just because Rafinha is Brazillian like Alves and Maicon doesn't make him is one of the better RB. But Rafinha definitely one of the good RB available

And how is the chance our club sign Bosingwa? Ivanovic has become one great RB for Chelsea and it will be hard to choose between them for RB. I wouldn't mind Juve sign one of them
:tup:

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
"I just can't imagine what state I'll be in within five or six years if I continue to play here - it could easily give me problems when I stop playing. The physical level is superior to all other countries."

- Torres

This basically means that he doesn't want to stick around in the Premier League. That should leave two options, either he goes back to Spain or Italy. In Spain he's never going to play for Real Madrid and Barcelona just bought Ibra for a lot of money. This should be good news for us. The question is if Milan are also interested?

Hopefully we'll end up getting Benitez and Torres feels that Juventus is the natural move for him.

Wow, that was a lot of speculations from my part.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah alot of speculation, we will NOT get Torres, the sooner people realize that the easier you'll sleep at night. Seriously, it would take ALOT to even give a bid for him.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Seriously? Sanga isn't worth more than Rafinha?
Consider Rafinha will probably be around 15m no, no he isn't. Diego wasn't worth his money neither was Melo, as a whole players are overvalued at this current time. even though it is better than before due to sterling-euro.

You attributed factors to the cost not the worth.

athas

Jul 15, 2007
"I just can't imagine what state I'll be in within five or six years if I continue to play here - it could easily give me problems when I stop playing. The physical level is superior to all other countries."

- Torres

This basically means that he doesn't want to stick around in the Premier League. That should leave two options, either he goes back to Spain or Italy. In Spain he's never going to play for Real Madrid and Barcelona just bought Ibra for a lot of money. This should be good news for us. The question is if Milan are also interested?

Hopefully we'll end up getting Benitez and Torres feels that Juventus is the natural move for him.

Wow, that was a lot of speculations from my part.

wa, i thought so, too. But Liver won't let him go that easy :depressed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)