The Wish List and General Discussion Thread (17 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I think both are over-rated but that Sagna isn't worth more than Rafinha, of course Fred will disagree but neither player is exactly top 5 on earth.

How is Sagna not in the top five right sided fullbacks. I think he can easily make it, and if you think i'm biased because he plays for Arsenal, then lets see what others who have seen him play think about it.

IMO only Alves, Maicon, Lahm(since he's playing on the right this season) and S.Ramos are better than him. Ivanovic seems to have made the grade as fullback, so it is debatable whether he's better than Sagna too. But thats about it i think.

Jul 15, 2006
I think both are over-rated but that Sagna isn't worth more than Rafinha, of course Fred will disagree but neither player is exactly top 5 on earth.
The fuck?

Firstly, he plays for an English team that automatically increases his price. Secondly he's better than Rafinha and an international unlike Rafinha. Thirdly, it's not to my knowledge that Wenger has groomed a trailor made replacement like he has in place for Clichy with Kieran Gibbs, and Armand Traoure. That would make him even more difficult for Arsenal to sell. No real arguments. Besides I bet Magath would sell Rafinha and then replace him with some random league 3 player or a fullback from the Japanese league only to become better than him.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Probably Iaquinta because there'd be interest for him. We need Amauri more.

We should sell him and get Kuyt as his replacement.
yep, Vinnie is certainly worth more than Apeman.

How is Sagna not in the top five right sided fullbacks. I think he can easily make it, and if you think i'm biased because he plays for Arsenal, then lets see what others who have seen him play think about it.

IMO only Alves, Maicon, Lahm(since he's playing on the right this season) and S.Ramos are better than him. Ivanovic seems to have made the grade as fullback, so it is debatable whether he's better than Sagna too. But thats about it i think.
Bacary's the shit and perfect for Juve, say goodbye while you can Fred :juventus:

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
The fuck?

Firstly, he plays for an English team that automatically increases his price. Secondly he's better than Rafinha and an international unlike Rafinha. Thirdly, it's not to my knowledge that Wenger has groomed a trailor made replacement like he has in place for Clichy with Kieran Gibbs, and Armand Traoure. That would make him even more difficult for Arsenal to sell. No real arguments. Besides I bet Magath would sell Rafinha and then replace him with some random league 3 player or a fullback from the Japanese league only to become better than him.
Sagna wouldn't play a single game with Alves and Maicon infront of him either, though him having the experience as an international should also count for something.

I agree with what you said though. :tup:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Cassano: Ranieri wanted me at Juve.

:weee:

“I admire him a great deal, because during his time at Juve he was the only one who would support my arrival.

“He did everything to bring me to Turin and I always thank him for that gesture. I hope that at least he can get to the Italy squad.

Another proof that the coaches in Italy have nothing or very little to do with the transfers.
I'm still sure that Ranieri wasn't the one who didn't want Xabi Alonso. The board couldn't buy Xabi and in the end they made Ranieri say how it was a tactical choice or whatever other excuse he used for buying Poulsen.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006

I'm not sure if you're insinuating that I haven't seen him play a significant ammount of times?

You don't think Eboue is better than him (at RB of course not CM).
I wouldn't put Bosingwa in the list, but I'd prefer him over Ivanovic.

I believe, not on form of course, that Johnson is better than him, as are the ones you mention above. The further you go from the number 1 spot the more subjective it become and Obviously the 'Top 10' as it were is subjective between 5-10 which is why I said top 5, then again maybe my opinion has been warped by watching him in person and being disctincly underwhelmed. But he is not the 1st,2nd,3rd,4th or 5th best right-back in world 'easily' by no stretch of the imagination.

That being said I never said I don't want him here :p

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
“I admire him a great deal, because during his time at Juve he was the only one who would support my arrival.

“He did everything to bring me to Turin and I always thank him for that gesture. I hope that at least he can get to the Italy squad.

Another proof that the coaches in Italy have nothing or very little to do with the transfers.
I'm still sure that Ranieri wasn't the one who didn't want Xabi Alonso. The board couldn't buy Xabi and in the end they made Ranieri say how it was a tactical choice or whatever other excuse he used for buying Poulsen.
you mean how ranieri told the media that diego was a plan he approved when clearly he didnt

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
The fuck?

What the fuck are you talking about? I even indented the word WORTH.
Don't tell me you can't comprehend the difference between worth and cost, seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)