The Wish List and General Discussion Thread (16 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
We should sign one of Real Madrids players now that they are out for to replace the whole team. I would love Robben! He is amazing and so fast. It sucks that he is often injured.

What do they have more? M. Diarra, Sneijder, VDV, uh.. Yeah I would def take Sneijder instead of D'Ago.
If any of those mentioned: VDV definitely. I'm Dutch and watch them play quite a bit obviously, and I can say that generally people tend to underrate VDV. Robben would die indeed, Sneijder can be really good, but is far too inconsistent.

We don't really need any players in his position anyway, as we just acquired Diego. Then there's also our beloved Atomic Ant.

On the whole Džeko matter: ( It seems like he's with Milan anyway, so it doesn't really matter now, but ) I don't think he's overrated, because people know he hasn't proven to be real WC yet. German league is close to, but not quite, the top level. I think people know this but are willing to take that gamble and acquire him because he shows so much good stuff / potential. I reckon he'll develop and improve to become a real WC striker though.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 15, 2006
I'd say that Džeko's realistic price is around 20-25 mil €.

He does play in the Budnesliga but you cant ignore the fact that he scored around 40 goals last season and had 10 assists.

Benzema for example didnt score nearly as many goals, but he's still valued at 30 mil €. Why? because he's French.
No, it's because he's realisitcally worth €10-15m more than Džeko is.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
It's hard to really say what exactly makes one player worth more than the other, or why they are better than the other. I'd say it's because Benzema has been doing well for longer than Dzeko ( Benz 3 seasons + CL, Dzeko 1 season ) and is just considered more skillfull. It makes sense really, I'd put a bigger pricetag on Benzema than Dzeko.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Benzema for example didnt score nearly as many goals, but he's still valued at 30 mil €. Why? because he's French.
Because he is better, 21 years old, obvious fantastic player, regular for french NT, scored against top teams, has 13 CL goals in 19 games, and he has had two seasons of scoring good numbers instead of 1 like with Dzeko.

I rate Dzeko, but I call BS where I see it.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
I think they're right on this one, Dzeko had one great season and even though he really shows great potential and undeniable talent, still he would need one more season to establish himself. Unlike Benzema who is on the scene for 3 years. However there is a French factor too.

IMO next season is decider for Dzeko, if he repeats 50% of what he did this season (and I'm sure he will) than his price will be more than €20-€25m

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
I agree that Benzema is worth more, but far from being some kind of superstar.

IMO, Dzeko can easily fetch Wolfsburg at least 20 mil €.
He (Dzeko) said himself that Wolfsburg values him around 20-25 mil €. Still he also said that his wish is to stay with Wolfsburg, ofcourse under new improved contract.

Plus Dzeko is big Milan fan too, so if he leaves I'm sure that we will see him in Milan jersey, unless some PL club offer something extraordinary.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Nobody is replacing Del Piero, not any time soon anyway.. We just said goodbye to Nedved..
We searched replacement for Pavel for around 5 transfer windows, but in the end we needed to change the coach and system. Now i wonder what will be the situation when DP retires, which may be sooner than most of us hopes, as there ain't many players who could adapt to the role Alex has taken in the past few years. I actually see just players who are promising and may reach his level, but right now i doubt there's even such position for player in any other club. He certainly does a lot more than any other SS.

ESS-Juventino

May 6, 2005
What I want for this summer:

Out: Zebina, Trezeguet, Poulsen, Tiago, Knezevic, Almiron, Chimenti and Molinaro.

In: D'Agostino, New RB.

Bring back from loan: Crsitico and Palladino.

Juventus (2009-2010)

Buffon (Manninger)
New RB (Grygera) - Chiellini (Mellberg) - Canna (Legro) - Cristico (De Ceglie)
Camoranesi (Marchionni) - Sissoko (Zanetti) - Marchisio (D'Agostino)
Diego (Giovinco)
Del Piero (Palladino) - Amauri (Iaquinta)

+ Ariado, Ekdal, Salihamidzic!

* and this is my 800'th post after 4.5 years! ~1.2 years left to 1000! :)

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007

Out: Zebina, Trezeguet, Poulsen, Tiago, Knezevic, Almiron, Chimenti and Molinaro.

Juventus (2009-2010)

Buffon (Manninger)
Diego (Giovinco)

* and this is my 800'th post after 4.5 years! :)
Palladino is co-owned not loaned and probably will cost few millions either for us or Genoa. Now imagine usual situation from our previous season - 10 players are injured, 5 of them long term, probably we would be fucked up, considering that Sissoko is our only real destroyer and Chiellini our only CB with young legs. Also, i really hate the fact that we may be forced to sell Trezeguet to free up some wage space, since i can see him as our main goal source next season. Congrats with the numbers.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I'd say that Džeko's realistic price is around 20-25 mil €.

He does play in the Budnesliga but you cant ignore the fact that he scored around 40 goals last season and had 10 assists.

The French league isn't as open and offensive as the Bundesliga. Players rarely reach the 20 goal a season goal margin, unlike the Bundesliga. Even players like Drogba just barely got 19 goals in his best season in the Ligue.

Also Benzema has been played wide on the left a few times this season, his team has been lackluster and haven't helped him at all. That being said, he himself didn't have the best of seasons this year. But on form, it would be tough for anybody to convince me Dzeko is as good as Benzema.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005

Juventus (2009-2010)

Buffon (Manninger)
Diego (Giovinco)

* and this is my 800'th post after 4.5 years! ~1.2 years left to 1000! :)
:wallbang: Great let's get rid of Trez and brng back Palladino, than we could also re-sign Paro and sell Diego too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)