The Walking Dead! (4 Viewers)

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
I would. With $8m they can build a hell of an empire and not have to worry about walt or jesse ratting on them which would lead to a death sentence.
Jesse living makes perfect sense, to make more high-quality meth as radekas said. Also, I don't think they ever really considered the possibility of him escaping, and to be honest also had good reason for that, with all their security measurements and all, which also actually worked.

Walt you could argue was most certainly stupid, especially in hindsight, but it can be put down to a code of honor, as well as arrogance. They knew, and were correct about him not going to the police, and didn't think that an old sick man in his last weeks would be a direct physical threat to a group of combat-proven criminals.

Leaving him the money I can agree on, but even that is partially explained by what I wrote above.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Jesse living makes perfect sense, to make more high-quality meth as radekas said. Also, I don't think they ever really considered the possibility of him escaping, and to be honest also had good reason for that, with all their security measurements and all, which also actually worked.

Walt you could argue was most certainly stupid, especially in hindsight, but it can be put down to a code of honor, as well as arrogance. They knew, and were correct about him not going to the police, and didn't think that an old sick man in his last weeks would be a direct physical threat to a group of combat-proven criminals.

Leaving him the money I can agree on, but even that is partially explained by what I wrote above.
Didn't they have 80mil instead of just 8mil? Vinny is right actually they were incredibly stupid to not kill both Jesse and Walt and then stay away from crime and keep the $. Their greed for cost them their lives.

But every tv show is full of stuff like that to keep the plot going. if something like that just totally ruins a show otherwise as good as Breaking Bad for you then you won't like anything

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Didn't they have 80mil instead of just 8mil? Vinny is right actually they were incredibly stupid to not kill both Jesse and Walt and then stay away from crime and keep the $. Their greed for cost them their lives.

But every tv show is full of stuff like that to keep the plot going. if something like that just totally ruins a show otherwise as good as Breaking Bad for you then you won't like anything
The same argument "why didn't they just stop when they already were rich" can be made for ANY succesful mobster who was caught/killed in real life, as well as literally countless other real life scenarios.

While it seems like an obvious choice to me as well, at this point it's safe to assumes that greed, in at least an extremely large number of humans, is often a force too strong to resist just like that. I really wouldn't hold that against the writers in any way.

As I said, the only major flaw is them leaving the money with Walt.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
But.. you already know what will happen? You've read the comics?!
Nah I didn't but I read about comic book events from time to time. I really have no idea who is there :D. Especially since Daryl is a tv show only character and the show itself has never been following the comic books that much.

Jul 10, 2006

There is no honor among thieves. :)

- - - Updated - - -

It may have been $80m, you are right and it makes it even more crazy. It's been a while since I've seen it. But if it was $80 then they left Walt with $10m, because I remember there was eight barrels and they let him have one of them. Anyways, they just murdered two federal agents and have $80m between like 5 or 6 of them and they let the only two witnesses live. They should have killed them both. Even if they respected Walt, it would be the smart thing to do. Business, not personal.

- - - Updated - - -

They let Walt live out of some respect and maybe pitty they have towards him. They know the guy has cancer and will die soon enough.

They need Jesse for the same reason every crime empire needs people like Jesse. To make more money. I think they even argue about it (one of them says that they don't need more money, but Meth Damon persuades them). This is the story of this show. Every character there is actually chasing power not money.

I wouldn't call it a terrible plot hole that ruins the show.
Meth Damon. :lol:

With $80m they can get a lot of power, even without Walt and Jesse. Again, they are witnesses to the murder of two federal agents. Jesse could possibly escape and they just stole almost all of Walts money and murdered his brother in law. He has plenty of incentive to want revenge. Why just let him walk and give him some of the money? In real life they both get killed and buried in the desert with the cops. :)

I thought that was so ridiculous it ruined the show going forward from there. It was still a good show, but they just went too far there.

Jul 10, 2006
I liked that episode last night until the end.

Beth should have been raped (not that I wanted her to get raped). I'm not buying that jar swung by a girl that little dropping a grown man like a punch from Mike Tyson. And of course he happens to fall in the perfect spot to be eaten. Whatever.

And then Beth can all of a sudden see in the dark and head shots zombies like it's Fallout 3 and she's using VATS targeting (video game reference).

And to top it all off... these hospital clowns just HAPPEN to stumble across Carol. Of all the people.... Whatever.

But again, I liked the mystery of the place and how subtly creepy it was until like the last 10 mins.

- - - Updated - - -

And if the person with Daryl turns out to be the black guy Noah I may just stop watching this damn show. :sergio:

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Yeah, that Beth head shotting zombies was really lame.

But as for Noah, I think Carol and Daryl met him outside and Carol entering the hospital is part of the plan to rescue Beth.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009

Beth should have been raped (not that I wanted her to get raped). I'm not buying that jar swung by a girl that little dropping a grown man like a punch from Mike Tyson. And of course he happens to fall in the perfect spot to be eaten. Whatever.

And then Beth can all of a sudden see in the dark and head shots zombies like it's Fallout 3 and she's using VATS targeting (video game reference).

And to top it all off... these hospital clowns just HAPPEN to stumble across Carol. Of all the people.... Whatever.

But again, I liked the mystery of the place and how subtly creepy it was until like the last 10 mins.

- - - Updated - - -

And if the person with Daryl turns out to be the black guy Noah I may just stop watching this damn show. :sergio:
My guess is:

1. Darryl and Carol chase the car.
2. They get near the hospital and begin to observe it.
3. They see Noah escaping and catch him.
4. He tells them about all the shit and what happened to Beth.
5. Darryl and Carol create a plan to get one of them inside.
6. Carol fakes an injury to get inside and rescue Beth.
7. Darryl takes Noah back to the camp to get more people in case of a confrontation.

Makes sense to me.

89man

Sep 4, 2013

Beth should have been $#@!d (not that I wanted her to get $#@!d). I'm not buying that jar swung by a girl that little dropping a grown man like a punch from Mike Tyson. And of course he happens to fall in the perfect spot to be eaten. Whatever.

- - - Updated - - -

It is annoying how they always manage to magically find eachother after being seperated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)