The verdict - Calciopoli charges announced (2 Viewers)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Am I the only one that thinks we can overcome a 20 point deduction? I don't see us catching Lazio or Fiorentina but we can still come 3rd, and you never know, a lot of players might leave Lazio and Fiorentina if they're demoted.

del pietro

Aug 13, 2005
not long till we find out the truth! or at least they percieve as the truth... i pray for serie A! I reall doubt their gonna strip the last 2 scudetti and serie B.. now thats jus rediculous! I'd prob accept one or the other without whinging..

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
JuvenYang said:
The point is, can you prove that Juve benefited from all these? Which matches? Got any clue?
again with the denial legal gimmicks....

we are not the judges. we have the liberty to make our judgement base on our concience. not only cold hard facts. Its either we do or we do not. my concience tell me that the moggi tape is only the tip of the iceberg. and i already make my peace with that. why dont u?

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Stuart said:
Am I the only one that thinks we can overcome a 20 point deduction? I don't see us catching Lazio or Fiorentina but we can still come 3rd, and you never know, a lot of players might leave Lazio and Fiorentina if they're demoted.
Yes, with the squad we have (even without the superstars; Zambrotta Cannavaro etc) it should be well within our reach.

We have some well balanced quality (Serie A quality) left, after our WC stars leave us.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
Stuart said:
POS SQUADRA PTS G V N P F S DIFF
1 Atalanta 81 42 24 9 9 61 39 22
2 Catania 78 42 22 12 8 67 41 26
3 Torino 76 42 21 13 8 51 31 20
4 Mantova 69 42 18 15 9 47 36 11
5 Modena 67 42 17 16 9 59 41 18
6 Arezzo 66 42 17 15 10 44 33 11
7 Cesena 66 42 18 12 12 66 55 11
8 Bologna 64 42 16 16 10 55 42 13
9 Crotone 63 42 17 9 16 55 49 6
10 Brescia 60 42 15 15 12 54 44 10

Legenda:
Le prime due classificate vengono promosse in Serie A
La terza classificata viene promossa in Serie A se il suo distacco dalla quarta supera i 9 punti. Altrimenti, playoff a quattro squadre per designare la terza promossa (6ª contro 3ª e 5ª contro 4ª) con gare di andata e ritorno. Le vincenti si giocano la promozione con andata (sul campo della peggio classificata) e ritorno.
Le ultime 3 classificate retrocedono in Serie C1, la quartultima viene subito retrocessa se il distacco dalla quintultima supera i 4 punti. Se non li supera, spareggio tra queste due con andata sul campo della quartultima.

Niente spareggi:
Al termine del campionato, in caso di parità di punti, per la formulazione della classifica finale si terrà conto degli scontri diretti
---------------------------------------------

126 points are reacheble.. there are 22 teams in serie B..

the first of current season has 81 points.. so I guess we will need at least 90 points to have the chance to come back to A

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
giovanotti said:
I have one quetion on my mind,if we get relegated,does it meen that one more club from the serie B would be promoted?They certainly need to replenish the gap.
I think seria A will have 18 teams again.. this would mean one more team will come to A.. may be Mantova..

or napoli, in italy every thing is possible.. btw, where are napoli? are they in serie C??

mnementh

Jun 5, 2005
Dominic said:
Then you simply missed it. We're being stripped of both scudetti.
well either provide a source or don't invent stuff. The punishment mentioned didn't mention the scudetti, though it might very well be. We'll wait and see.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
i wonder if the punishment is enough to prevent this scandal from happening again in italian football. where is the fool proof solution?

i am thinking something like military-restriction of germany and japan after the world war...

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Maresca said:
I think seria A will have 18 teams again.. this would mean one more team will come to A.. may be Mantova..

or napoli, in italy every thing is possible.. btw, where are napoli? are they in serie C??
18 teams agian...does that decision have any conection with the Calciopoli?

I don't know about Napoli's presence,but they are in B now.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
mnementh said:
well either provide a source or don't invent stuff. The punishment mentioned didn't mention the scudetti, though it might very well be. We'll wait and see.
I don't invent stuff, that we'd be stripped of the scudetti has been clear from the start.
And it's very logical too. We get relegated following the 04/05 season, because all our points are taken away due to cheating. So our 05/06 season did not exist and thus we have two scudetti less. That's why there's talk about Inter getting the first scudetto but not the second, as we shouldn't have been in the competition then.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Dominic said:
I don't invent stuff, that we'd be stripped of the scudetti has been clear from the start.
And it's very logical too. We get relegated following the 04/05 season, because all our points are taken away due to cheating. So our 05/06 season did not exist and thus we have two scudetti less. That's why there's talk about Inter getting the first scudetto but not the second, as we shouldn't have been in the competition then.
Yep, makes perfect sense. I know it's hard for some people to take but face it guys, we cheated and when you cheat you deserve to be punished.

danielão

Jul 12, 2002
Stuart said:
Yep, makes perfect sense. I know it's hard for some people to take but face it guys, we cheated and when you cheat you deserve to be punished.
The problem is, no one wants to accept the fact that Juventus' cheated. Or they accept the fact they cheated, but no one wants to believe Juve did anything worse than other teams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)