The value of human life in China (3 Viewers)

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Yeah, he knocks the kid over and drives over with the first wheel and stops. He realises he hit her and then continues to drive over her with the next wheel :wth:
I read yesterday in a french site, that the driver did that because the fine and the punishement he'll get if she stay alive will be more than if she's dead so he drives over her with the second wheel to make sure she's dead. I don't knwo if it's true :boh:

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
I read yesterday in a french site, that the driver did that because the fine and the punishement he'll get if she stay alive will be more than if she's dead so he drives over her with the secone wheel to make sure she's dead. I don't knwo if it's true :boh:
China :sheik:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
China has 1.2 billion people. That's more people than Moratti's got anal warts. And when you have 1.2 billion people, you've got a million of everything -- just like the human race is, just as we are individually. There's good, there's bad. There's caring and there's careless. There's evil and there's clueless.

Not that this makes this video any less tragic, but that this is a huge phenomenon is almost a distinctly Chinese phenomenon. It fits the current narrative for a country going through massive economic and social changes. When America has a YouTube phenomenon, it's a cat at a keyboard or someone blowing Coke and Mentos out of his rectum. In China, all the viral internet phenomena seem to be around this theme.

Let's not go crazy here. I've lost count at the number of times American media coverage fawns over some missing 6-year-old blonde white girl tragedy and yet beaten, molested, and tortured black girls of the same age are virtually anonymous. We've got no reason to throw stones in glass houses.

OP
JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #30
    The West has its own problems but I doubt you'd see such an event occur there.

The title was encompassing for shock value, I'll admit :D

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    The West has its own problems but I doubt you'd see such an event occur there.

The title was encompassing for shock value, I'll admit :D
    I don't know about that. We have the whole spectrum of good and shockingly evil human behavior here as well.

In any case, China stereotypically fits a pattern I've noticed in the West:
    1. Insert new technology or cultural phenomenon
    2. Let the media hype it up as revolutionary and the greatest thing since the printing press
    3. Have a growing grassroots concern about the safety and impact of said new technology or cultural phenomenon
    4. Start insinuating ill effects to children -- "THINK OF THE CHILDREN!" -- and maybe the old days before it weren't so bad after all

This pattern has happened with everything from video games, to cable/satellite TV, to mobile phones, to Internet use, to social networking, etc. WITHOUT FAIL. Watch it the next time -- you can bet money on how it will play out. Human behavior is very predictable sometimes.

OP
    JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #34
    I don't know about that. We have the whole spectrum of good and shockingly evil human behavior here as well.

In any case, China stereotypically fits a pattern I've noticed in the West:
    1. Insert new technology or cultural phenomenon
    2. Let the media hype it up as revolutionary and the greatest thing since the printing press
    3. Have a growing grassroots concern about the safety and impact of said new technology or cultural phenomenon
    4. Start insinuating ill effects to children -- "THINK OF THE CHILDREN!"

This pattern has happened with everything from mobile phones, Internet use, social networking, etc.
    I mean this specific event, people wouldn't walk past a dying child in the street in the US, UK or Europe, no way. Hidden and silent atrocities are just as worthy scrutinizing, as you say.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    I mean this specific event, people wouldn't walk past a dying child in the street in the US, UK or Europe, no way. Hidden and silent atrocities are just as worthy scrutinizing, as you say.
    Oh yes they would. :disagree:

This is the "never happens in Belgium" argument.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Im not turning this into religion its not the section or the thread, but there is an answer to that
    Don't take the bait. :p

But Kyle does bring up a nice counterpoint to what Ze T posted a page back: a sort of "what do you expect from a godless country" jibe. Except China is far from godless. Maybe at an official state level maybe, but certainly not its people. So that's a red herring argument.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
    Jun 9, 2011
    Don't take the bait. :p

But Kyle does bring up a nice counterpoint to what Ze T posted a page back: a sort of "what do you expect from a godless country" jibe. Except China is far from godless. Maybe at an official state level maybe, but certainly not its people. So that's a red herring argument.
    Only 5.7% of Chinese are Christian and a mjority of that 5.7% are the state run Christian church which really isnt Christianity, there is your answer

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
    in all honesty its not a matter of it happening in china or not, the thing is its every where now. i saw a video of two thugs ( out laws ) getting revenge on another fellow outlaw in the middle of the street. not just any street but a street in alexandria and apart from the gore that i was witnessing it caught my eye how not a single by passer stopped or called the police or even tried to scream to gather attention!!! the cars were passing by as if there was'nt a murder taking place right in front of there eyes. i dont care if they are outlaws, thiefs, etc etc at the end of the day thats a human life lost with out a worry in the world. so this video does'nt surprise me at all and i refuse to stick it to just china or any religion in particular bec its simply every where with varying degrees.

its actually the same as people not giving any care in the world when kids this age are killed on daily basis in other parts of the world like palestine, iraq, combodia, srilanka, etc etc the list goes on and on or kids like in somalia who are just skin and bones and die bec they dont have the basic needs a human needs. its hypocritical to be honest but i'm afriad we r all guilty of being like the by passers in this video some way or the other.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)