The value of human life in China (3 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Only 5.7% of Chinese are Christian and a mjority of that 5.7% are the state run Christian church which really isnt Christianity, there is your answer
Yeah, but Christianity doesn't exactly have a monopoly on religious beliefs either.

in all honesty its not a matter of it happening in china or not, the thing is its every where now. i saw a video of two thugs ( out laws ) getting revenge on another fellow outlaw in the middle of the street. not just any street but a street in alexandria and apart from the gore that i was witnessing it caught my eye how not a single by passer stopped or called the police or even tried to scream to gather attention!!! the cars were passing by as if there was'nt a murder taking place right in front of there eyes. i dont care if they are outlaws, thiefs, etc etc at the end of the day thats a human life lost with out a worry in the world. so this video does'nt surprise me at all and i refuse to stick it to just china or any religion in particular bec its simply every where with varying degrees.

its actually the same as people not giving any care in the world when kids this age are killed on daily basis in other parts of the world like palestine, iraq, combodia, srilanka, etc etc the list goes on and on or kids like in somalia who are just skin and bones and die bec they dont have the basic needs a human needs. its hypocritical to be honest but i'm afriad we r all guilty of being like the by passers in this video some way or the other.
Sad, but 100% true, Bisco. I bet you I couldn't count the number of people who were outraged at this video, and then beat their kids later that evening.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #43
    Oh yes they would. :disagree:

This is the "never happens in Belgium" argument.
    I don't agree. A person might, but not the majority of people. There are several different photos of dead babies in the street in China with people just walking past. There is a certain level of mentality here where turning a blind eye has become quite normal. You get it to a certain extent around the world, but from my experiences in the UK and Europe you would not see this.

I blame religion.

OP
    JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #44
    Sad, but 100% true, Bisco. I bet you I couldn't count the number of people who were outraged at this video, and then beat their kids later that evening.
    This I agree with, although it's not part of my point. I'm not debating crimes against children or crime in general.

When I say turning a blind eye, I can understand trying to ignore violence or crime, but when there is a child dying in the road and you side step it like it is a piece of shit there is something wrong in your single and collective mentality.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
    Jun 9, 2011
    I don't agree. A person might, but not the majority of people. There are several different photos of dead babies in the street in China with people just walking past. There is a certain level of mentality here where turning a blind eye has become quite normal. You get it to a certain extent around the world, but from my experiences in the UK and Europe you would not see this.

I blame religion.
    Huh ? How does religion bear the fault

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
    Jun 9, 2011
    This I agree with, although it's not part of my point. I'm not debating crimes against children or crime in general.

When I say turning a blind eye, I can understand trying to ignore violence or crime, but when there is a child dying in the road and you side step it like it is a piece of shit there is something wrong in your single and collective mentality.
    Here I agree

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    I don't agree. A person might, but not the majority of people.
    That's true in China as it is here.

I've had a friend who had a kidney stone attack in the middle of supposedly super-bleeding-heart-liberal Berkeley, Calif. He could only writhe on the ground in pain and couldn't make any audible words. People merely stepped over him thinking he was just some mentally disturbed homeless person.

There are several different photos of dead babies in the street in China with people just walking past. There is a certain level of mentality here where turning a blind eye has become quite normal. You get it to a certain extent around the world, but from my experiences in the UK and Europe you would not see this.
    I disagree. You would see this.

China has been through so much change there's a sort of cultural worry that the national public is losing their identity and soul in the race to become ever-richer, ever-more materialist, etc. China is merely learning what it's like to live in the Western world for the past several decades.

As shocking as the video is, I do not think the behavior in it is uniquely Chinese. What is uniquely Chinese, however, is the equation between the video and national identity right now.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    I mean this specific event, people wouldn't walk past a dying child in the street in the US, UK or Europe, no way. Hidden and silent atrocities are just as worthy scrutinizing, as you say.
    Not as drastic/tragic as this unimagineable horror case (saw clip earlier in the week in XT, teared up is to put it lightly), but as swag says, dont make the mistake of simplifying human nature/psyche to a culture or nationality (even if china is quite unique country):

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jan 30, 2008
    Not as drastic/tragic as this unimagineable horror case (saw clip earlier in the week in XT, teared up is to put it lightly), but as swag says, dont make the mistake of simplifying human nature/psyche to a culture or nationality (even if china is quite unique country):

Probably thought he was homeless.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    RIP

That totally sucks. :sad:

But I also have to ask: where were her parents that let a 2-year-old walk into the path of commercial trucks in the first place?

Preet

Powerpuff G!
    Sep 7, 2010
    i don't get the thread title...sounds like those sensational news channels who have not much to say but a dramatic way to say it.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    The West: colonizing and fucking up the rest of the world then adopting the position of pointing their fingers and judging since...forever.
    True dat.

But the counter example is also:

The non-West: unable to get their shit together for centuries, thus making a bunch of Western know-it-alls stick their noses in their business to try to clean their messes up. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)