The UEFA Cup Thread (3 Viewers)

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
++ [ originally posted by lacrease ] ++
hey it looks like you own this thread, rover :p

I guess I'm the only one with a direct interest in the UEFA cup...all the real interest is in the CL, which is fair enough and understandable.

So, it's Celtic against Boavista tomorrow night, together with Porto V Lazio.
Sadly Celtic are going through a form slump just now, and I'm less than confident that we'll produce a result. But what the heck, the semi's are a bonus for us. If we do win through I hope to play Lazio, as I really don't want to play Porto. Not that Lazio will be any easier.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Lazio were very fortunate to have come out with a 4-1 loss as it could quite easily have been 9-1 as Porto were all over them

They has 2 penalties not given ie porto, Peruzzi made an almighty error for the 3rd goal and Lazio's defending was an absolute shambles
The attack was not quite gr8 either after Lopez opened the scoring

As for Celtic they could only draw 1-1 with Boavista and Larsson even missed a penaltyin the 79th minute

It will be very galling for Celtic if Rangers end up winning the treble and qualify automatically for Cl ironically thru the exploits of Celtic

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Oh damn, Porto really killed Lazio, didn't they.. This is more than I had expected, I'll be exciting to see them back in the CL next year :eek:

bubba

Apr 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
Oh damn, Porto really killed Lazio, didn't they.. This is more than I had expected, I'll be exciting to see them back in the CL next year :eek:
not really, because we'll be buying Deco and Paulo Ferreira from them, so they'll be very much weakened...;)

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
Bryan, I take it you are somewhat please you got the Portuguese litte brother instead of Porto .... :D
You bet...but it would seem that Boa are perhaps still going to knock us out anyway.:down:

I just can't believe what I saw last night.
Boavista were perhaps the weekest team we have played since the first round. They brought nothing to the game and I can't remember one chance they made in the whole match (well maybe one). The goal they scored was a ludicrous own goal out of nothing.
Then Celtic missed a penalty (which they could have had another two but the ref ignored) and now we face elimination by a team which has a strong defence....and thats all:confused:

I'm leaving now to cry into my beer:(

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
no hope of that,half their best plsyers will be gone by then;)

nina

Feb 18, 2001
They are in a terrible position but there's still the 2nd leg :stuckup:

I watched the Celtic - Boavista game ... if Juve are playing boring then I really don't know how to call this game! :yawn:

Sivori

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++
Still...They probably won't make it. From watching the first leg I don't think they even deserve to get to the final.

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++

I watched the Celtic - Boavista game ... if Juve are playing boring then I really don't know how to call this game! :yawn:
It was terrible. Celtic just couldn't figure out how to breakdown Boavista. I'm so dissapointed:down:

K10

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Sivori ] ++

Still...They probably won't make it. From watching the first leg I don't think they even deserve to get to the final.
Then again that was one game Lazio played terrible. The second leg they can turn it on.

They need a 4-1 scoreline to draw. If they can get that against Juve (couple seasons back)[ouch] then Porto most definately. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)