The truth about Beijing Olympics (2 Viewers)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Andries what do they feed the women in your country? One of your beach volleyball girls is topping out at 6'4 195lbs. She's my size. :D

AlexTheGreat

May 10, 2006
Yes and no. China or no China, gymnastics is a sport that basically takes girls and tries to postpone their puberty as long as possible. That's just wrong... Unfortunately it's such a freak show that it prevents me from even enjoying the visuals of the sport.

It's one thing for drug doping for performance enhancement. It's another thing when kids are taking hormone injections and the like to prevent their bodies from maturing. We haven't evolved very far from the old Chinese practice of binding women's feet, IMO.
not apply for Svetlana Khorkina, she was my favorite always;)

lavenderguy

Feb 28, 2005
Enron, who are you to judge me?
u think other countries in the world would wanna be manipulated by US only?
US-great country, great entertainment industry, great sports but their politicians arent!
I am just saying, China got cheaters, US too..that's the ONLY POINT i wanna prove, don;t be a hypocrite.
If you have better things to say, get them out of your chest and not just attack on people's nickname, come on, how old are you guys?

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
stimpy wrote:
We're the land of Britney Spears and Paris Hilton and we're throwing stones?
8/12/2008 9:53 AM PDT

Hahahha, one of the comments from the article about lip-synch...

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Andries what do they feed the women in your country? One of your beach volleyball girls is topping out at 6'4 195lbs. She's my size. :D
I hate those girls. I think it's a disgrace Belgians have to pay taxes so those fat cows can compete in the Olympics. They didn't even bother to train and honestly, they're bloody awful. Really poor players.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Hard to say whether to post this here or in the Microsoft-bashing threads, but apparently even China's best attempts at glossing over the imperfections of the Olympic ceremonies could not overcome Microsoft's Blue Screen of Death:

http://tnenad.re.rs/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=17&Itemid=1

Well, this is just perfect. At the exact moment Li Ning was rounding the lip of the Bird's Nest during the amazing torch-lighting climax, someone snapped this photo of our good friend the BSOD nestled among the Nest's steel twigs. Perhaps an Opening Ceremonies IT dude spit out his coffee on the machines in the server room when Li took to the sky?

Another question is what a projection screen is doing inside the Nest at that location, but I think the better question is what wasn't going on inside the Nest's roof—did you see that thing during the ceremonies? Lights! Fireworks! LED screens! Everything! Anyway, if only one image of this perfectness existed we'd be skeptical, but thankfully, someone has grabbed more from a different angle that pretty much seal the deal.

And it's been confirmed on the NBC broadcast by commenter cirby on his DVR.

How much you wanna bet it was a pirated copy of XP? :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)