• Tiago, keep him forget Appiah

• Appiah, bring him and sell Tiago

• Undecided

• None of them I want

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 13, 2007
Appiah is very underrated. He has really developed into a fantastic player since he first played for us a few years back. I would love to see him back again, I also saw potential in him.

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
Well, if CR wanted to quickly get rid off Tiago, he could just not play him at all those little games, especially since we got offer from Everton.
Im hearing that Everton will push even more for him as they lost their bid for Joao Moutinho.
Tiago would get 40 games to start which is not bad for someone who really wants to play..

Maybe he hopes that we will win CL and league so he could get 1 Mil. bonus ;)

PS. I hope we will sing some full backs soon

zann

SG Juventino!
May 30, 2004
somehow or rather i have a feeling that appiah is just trying to get his ass out of turkey.

get him here for a medical checkup first man. if he seriously has problems. then no.
afterall, he'll offer much more than what tiago has to offer now.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Appiah? Seriously? I mean no disrespect, but seriously?

Nothing against the player, he has some quality, but I'm fucking tired of the current status quo. This player does not represent a significant upgrade, he doesn't really target a pressing need, he's had health concerns in the recent past... I really don't understand how anyone can defend making a move for Appiah. It's just another salary, and less PT for the youngsters. The argument that he's free (and thus represents savvy business), is utter horse-shit as well.

Enough with the Bosman's - this is fucking Juventus people. We already spent less in the transfer window than was initially proposed (when Blanc promised a midfield reinforcement of a similar caliber/cost of Amauri) and if we sell Tiago and qualify for CL then we clearly have some funds. If we loan Tiago out, we should still have significant funds... and clearly enough mid level CM's! We NEED to stop settling for bargain leftovers. Our money should be spent on improving what is currently a shallow, crippled defense.

Unfortunately, I don't think there's much hope that our sporting director has the vision or ability to identify and nail down a quality defender this late in the mercato ... something that is already pretty difficult to do clearly becomes compounded by Secco's frequently inept bargaining tactics (There have also been some budgetary constraints in the recent past, obviously... which can be a factor, I fully recognize that). Seriously though, other than Poulsen and Knezevic, doesn't it typically take A.S. at Least a month to get any sort of deal done?

Dump Tiago and forget Appiah - Make a push for a high caliber defender in the next 10 days - if it doesn't work out, start planning for January. We desperately need another top class, stalwart defender... even if De Ceglie makes great strides and becomes our solution at LB (which is possible, but currently extremely wishful thinking), we still need to improve at RB and CB to truly belong amongst Europe's elite.

Giovinco#20

Sebastian Giovinco
Aug 21, 2008
It's clear Tiago has had problems settling it, but I think he has quality and can produce quality with Juve if we give him time. When our Capitano was on bad form a few seasons ago, we still supported him, as long as you wear the shirt of Juve and your proud and giving your best your blood is black and white. I think Tiago can do well if we give him the chance.

And ooh Appiah I remember him for one thing, his amazing goal in the Serie A a few seasons back from the left wing, but he isn't Juve quality in my opinion, we should not be wasting money on someone like him, we have youth quality, we could even try using Simone Esposito from the youth.

I agree with some aspects made by Rollie a few posts above, we have funds (I hope) we should look to avoid bargains and actually go for a solid purchase, we don't see clubs like Inter or Fiorentina going for bargains they are strengthening position by position.

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
Tiago might have quality, but i have not seen that as yet.
How long do we have to wait for him to make 4-5 great passes in one game? Another 2 seasons? Player with role to do just that, should be able pass ball no matter if they play friendly or not.
I think it is time to give our youngsters same chance. Nothing against Tiago, i would love that everything worked out for us, and that we made good investment.
But .......
I just dont understand why he did not want to go to join Ramos or now to Everton.
He could play 30-40 games for sure, and if he is really that good............

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Seems like tiago is staying. So lets all start supporting him this time around......for a change.
I understand the mentality you're advocating... If Tiago is a member of our team, then we should support him. Typically, I agree with this position, and if Tiago stays, obviously I'll be rooting for him. I can't imagine him getting an opportunity to prove himself, but in the rare event that he stays AND gets playing time, I'll be cheering him on... if that happens, he'll obviously be playing very well, as Ranieri clearly doesn't favor him, and would prefer to use another player, given any opportunity.

That said, I don't think it makes sense to keep him. The situation has become quite awkward, and it has the potential to upset team chemistry - it certainly can't improve the team's chemistry. Both Ranieri and Secco have made it clear that Tiago would be best served to move on, and then backtracked a little when it became apparent that the player would be around for awhile longer. Clearly they don't want him, ultimately he doesn't really want to be in Turin... In my opinion, this relationship has run its course. It's time to move on.

How is it possible that Secco can't find a club (that Tiago also finds acceptable) to negotiate a loan deal with? Find someone, anyone, to pick up his salary for a year, and hopefully he'll improve his stock - next year we'll get a better return. Or figure a loan deal where the team picks up his salary, with an option to buy the player for 9M euros... or something similar? Open up a little playing time for our youngsters... lets be productive here. Tiago is not part of the future...

I understand that we all expected this arrangement would work out better than it has, but given Ranieri's attitude and the deterioration of this relationship, I really think it's time to get over this misstep - admit that this signing, for whatever reason (there are always a few), was a fuck up, and move on.

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
My friend, make up you mind, please...
Firstly you say that if Tiago given a chance he would play well, but than you say Secco and CR dont want him and it will ruin chemistry anyway??

Do you really think if Tiago played well we would be here fighting over him and wanting him to go? Do you really think that anyone who plays well deserve bashing?

Re sallary etc. Do you really think its so easy to find a club who will pick up Tiago wages? Even Milan asked Chelsea to pay some part of Sheva wages if he would join to them??

Tiago needed just one fucking game to play well and it would be enough to prove us all wrong.

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
well, what should i say??

I would love for Tiago to play well. I understand that by playing different system he doesn't have real chance to shine, but common, how difficult is to pass a ball? Even Poulsen done it in his first game.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
But his passing was always a little worrying.
Football does not resolve only on passing but apparently for you it does. Sissoko is not a good passer (he is not bad/terrible either) but he offers something completely different in his game which makes him a great player. I do agree with you though that we need a dominating player in the midfield which can orchestre our play but we don't have him nor will we get him. Btw, Tiago is a solid passer of the ball but lacks many other things which makes him useless for us.

Seems like tiago is staying. So lets all start supporting him this time around......for a change.
Why would I support him? It's no use. I hope he's gone.

Don't know guys but yesterday Tiago played well !!
I was not impressed with him at all. Made 2-3 good passes, that's all. Ekdal played much better IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)