in favour of Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Irreversible damage has already been done. If SL clubs back out, they'll look even more weaker and prove that this project was nothing but a quick cash grab and not intended to bring reforms as Perez says.

- - - Updated - - -

Some of the PL clubs trying to save face doesn't bode well for the super league hopefuls.
Agnelli will be castrated being the main man behind this, we'd need a new leader if that was to happen, not because of what he did was wrong, but to gain some credibility in the football world.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Does it matter a powerful company like Philips was backing them up?

Maybe clubs from East Europe should start organizing themselves as well. Start making regional leagues, better quality, better tv and sponsorship deals, better chances of getting a invitation to play a SL season. I don't think it will stay 15 permanent + 5 invitees forever, they gonna expand it eventually. Why should Dinamo who do so well be bound by the limitations of the Croatian league? Because UEFA says they have to? Pls. It's time for clubs to embrace this idea and implement it on all levels
I believe something similar was done in hockey when European teams wanted to compete with NHL. It included teams from Russia, Czech Rep, Sweden, Finland etc. I don't know how it ended though or is it still alive.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Why would they back out? There is literally nothing that can make them back out. Only a global boycott, which wont happen.
PL teams are concerned way too much about PR and public image. It seems some clubs are not receiving the fans' backlash very well.
It doesn't help that media is playing an active part in global condemnation. They've really gone all out over this instead of reporting much serious issues.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Only way they back out is if UEFA grant them their wishes
If they get their way and gain the leverage that they desired, it wouldn't matter. These clubs and their owners have already gotten way too much negative publicity.
Bayern's bosses are such sly motherfuckers. They'll see how the events unfold and then make their decision.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
PL teams are concerned way too much about PR and public image. It seems some clubs are not receiving the fans' backlash very well.
It doesn't help that media is playing an active part in global condemnation. They've really gone all out over this instead of reporting much serious issues.
Whoever backs out they will regret it. They know it.
At the end, that is what will happen. UEFA will do that.
Nah. Uefa is done. Why would they need irrelevant agency to grant them anything when they can arrange everything perfectly fine themselves.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
The backlash had to be expected. These are serious businessmen, they won't back out just because of some social media drama.

Guys, time to get back to the eternal discussion that might gain some ground now, do we have too small stadium?!

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
If they get their way and gain the leverage that they desired, it wouldn't matter. These clubs and their owners have already gotten way too much negative publicity.
Bayern's bosses are such sly motherfuckers. They'll see how the events unfold and then make their decision.
Actually Bayern will get more shit IMO, precisely for acting sly. Also every year they stay out they will be losing a shit tonn of money.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Does it matter a powerful company like Philips was backing them up?

I believe something similar was done in hockey when European teams wanted to compete with NHL. It included teams from Russia, Czech Rep, Sweden, Finland etc. I don't know how it ended though or is it still alive.
I heard of it but I don't know if it's still alive. Was quite the thing back then. I'm not too much of a hockey follower though

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
The backlash had to be expected. These are serious businessmen, they won't back out just because of some social media drama.

Guys, time to get back to the eternal discussion that might gain some ground now, do we have too small stadium?!
Yes. The stadium issue has to be resolved now.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005

Football should have always been run by smart businessmen instead of lazy burocrats who get paid for doing jack all.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
In 1998 the threat of a European Super League emerged. UEFA responded by increasing the number of Champions’ League clubs to 32. Two years later fourteen of the richest clubs formed their own lobby group, the ‘G-14’ (later increased to 18 clubs) to pressurise UEFA and FIFA into further increasing their share of income from the Champions’ League and the World Cup finals.
https://www.futurelearn.com/info/courses/football-lcfc/0/steps/40389

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Ceferin is begging them to come back already as i posted earlier. They'll forgive them and it will get pinned on Real and Juve, mainly Agnelli.
Rummenigge throwing more shade on Agnelli today saying he wasn't picking his calls

He's really going to take the bullet isnt he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)