The Super League (14 Viewers)

in favour of Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
It's not about my team not being able to be more rich. It's about my team not being able to EVER face certain teams because they turned their back, saying they are way too special.

Also, like I said before, if Locatelli is wanted by Juve then it would be literally impossible for Napoli, Roma and others to buy him. Both teams would be able to pay 40mln for him right now and compete for his wages, but not when his price goes to 60-70mln because teams from Super League want him. Weaker clubs will end up having worse teams.
I don't think that would be the case in the long run, but I offered a solution. I think if other clubs start doing the same it will pay off eventually. Imo, Super League don't stay like this forever

As for transfers, clubs get outbid all the time even now. Smaller clubs will always survive on good scouting instead of outbidding the Juves or Milans

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Last Dance was the best thing ive seen in years, and ive never even watchet Basketball ever. NBA is fantastic.
NBA regular season is boring af. But playoffs are crazy, and has been like that as far as I can remember.

- - - Updated - - -

The Barcelona-Liverpool knockout legs were great a couple of seasons ago, culminating with the crazy corner of TAA and Origi.
Oh CL has many great games. Ajax vs Spurs was unbelievable, so was Spurs vs City in the same season. But Klay Thompson episode was nuts in terms of endurance. Guy just tore his ACL and checked himself back to shoot free throws.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Yeah, I just checked, that was in 1980, 41 years ago, it's a lifetime. Unless there's a massive catastrophe that brings humanity back technology wise to the early 1900s, football is not coming back to being about smaller teams in a single country with only fans from that city, so all the morality outcries are kind of hilarious.
Right, and that Nottingham Forest side played during a time where the more famous sides were in a state of flux. Moreover, once Clough had a couple seasons under him, he started buying players for record fees as well, if I remember correctly. They bought some of the best UK players around. So it's really no different than today, except outside of a billionaire taking over a club it's not going to happen again.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
NBA? No point watching a match until the last 5-10 minutes. Too much scoring dumbs the penis.
I watched a game between Pacers and Spurs last night and both teams were awful. Spurs had 42% shooting and won comfortably. But playoffs is a different story.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Right, and that Nottingham Forest side played during a time where the more famous sides were in a state of flux. Moreover, once Clough had a couple seasons under him, he started buying players for record fees as well, if I remember correctly. They bought some of the best UK players around. So it's really no different than today, except outside of a billionaire taking over a club it's not going to happen again.
Until Juventus sells NFTs...

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I agree that the closed off structure isn't great. Teams should be able to get into the competition through merit. How that will happen, I don't know because UEFA will probably make it that if you participate in SL you won't be allowed in UEFA competitions. So a team that qualifies for SL one year might be banned from CL in the following years.
I think having the first year of these guaranteed teams then after that it's top 4, directly replacing the CL would be the way to go

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Irreversible damage has already been done. If SL clubs back out, they'll look even more weaker and prove that this project was nothing but a quick cash grab and not intended to bring reforms as Perez says.

- - - Updated - - -

Some of the PL clubs trying to save face doesn't bode well for the super league hopefuls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)