The Super League part tre? (11 Viewers)

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
I was so excited to see the news in the morning, now I'm back from work and seeing that pretty much all the clubs rejected this :scared:

Maybe it's not meant to be

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
UEFA is considering 'abandoning' the new UCL format and sticking with the current format.

They see it as a way to beat the Super League.

[ Madrid zone)

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I was so excited to see the news in the morning, now I'm back from work and seeing that pretty much all the clubs rejected this :scared:

Maybe it's not meant to be
Once Bayern comes in it'll be an avalanche following.

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
anyone read about the business model? i read that matches will be streamed for free (ad-supported) or via subscription (no ads) without geoblocking: https://a22sports.com/en/platform/

a22 website has been updated, but i can't find the current members on it
How will they earn revenue though?

- - - Updated - - -

Once Bayern comes in it'll be an avalanche following.
They've firmly rejected the idea. Classic virtue signalling Germans.

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
based on the description it would be a bit like youtube: you either get the free service with ads, or you pay for the ad-free version

:boh:
But with the current model you have to pay TV subscription and put up with ads regardless, so it doesn't make much sense. A22 will need more than ads in that case to generate revenue.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
When they get enough numbers after 1/2 years they'll switch to a subscription

Loads of services run at a loss to muscle into the market then monetise it aggressively down the line. The free launch will be to win over all the legacy fans who are married to UEFA competitions

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
But with the current model you have to pay TV subscription and put up with ads regardless, so it doesn't make much sense. A22 will need more than ads in that case to generate revenue.
in the current system uefa sells the national broadcasting rights, and tv companies must resell their broadcasting time to generate some revenue to cover the costs they paid to uefa. the total market pool of all uefa competitions is around 3bn euros at the moment, and the winner gets no more than 80-100m

with the superleague, the market pool was said to be around 3.5bn in 2021 with the winner potentially earning around 400m. also the governance would remain with the clubs, so there wouldn't be a giant uefa-like organization to feed. and the proposed system doesn't exclude selling rights to local tv channels. it would be redundant, but i can see tv companies still bidding and hosting their own shows with previews, post-match analysis shows and shit. we'll see. the fact that uefa won't take their cuts is already a promising idea.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
A big piece of the pie stream the games, thered be extra people officially watching the adds

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)