The Super League part tre? (4 Viewers)

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
tre.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

https://x.com/juvenewslive/status/1708860040726122554?s=20

UEFA and ECA, a sensational turning point: now the Super League is real. After the problems caused to Juventus, Real Madrid and Barcelona by the Super League project, now the same competition could be launched by none other than UEFA and ECA themselves. the competition would include 3 divisions of 18 teams each: Super League, Europa League and Aspirant League. Within this well-defined organizational chart, promotions and relegations would be foreseen: 2 relegations from the first to the second division with 2 promotions from the second to the first. From second to third, however, there are 4 relegations, with 4 promotions from third to second. The project could officially start in 2027.

- - - Updated - - -

Who wants to bet the Saudi clubs are invited?

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

Hunchback

May 10, 2023
The SL is inevitable given the current competitive model.

UEFA is just riding the wave. The only reason they condemned the idea in the first place was because they weren't profiting from it.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Whatever happened to all those lawsuits against UEFA? Did anything ever come of them?
still waiting for the eu court's ruling on multiple competitions organized by not only uefa, it's expected later this year

i think it would be shocking if they ruled against it. it's a common thing in sports to have multiple international federations and competitons, basketball has the euroleague not organized by fiba, tennis has atp and itf (etc), so unless uefa bribes a judge it wouldn't make any sense to come up with a different rule for football

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Certain of pleasing many friends, we are publishing the text on which the speech at the shareholders' meeting of our @CozzolinoSalvo was based, given that in the press emphasis was given more than anything else to the responses of the Juventus managers to the questions to be lift him up.

Good morning gentlemen shareholders and good morning to you, Mr President.
I listened to your report, many beautiful words, but allow me a little distrust. You see, the undersigned here met Boniperti, Chiusano, Grande Stevens, then Cobolli Gigli, Blanc and finally Andrea Agnelli. I objectively believe that none of them liked me. Over time, if he stays in that chair, he will have the opportunity to understand why.
Having made this small premise, I would like the words recently pronounced by Florentino Perez, president of the undoubtedly most prestigious football club in the world, Real Madrid, to remain in the records of this Assembly.
"Football is going through an unprecedented institutional crisis. The situation is very serious. Either we react now or football will not survive. The main problem is that there are managers who act without thinking about the fans. European football does not belong to the president of UEFA, the Super League is more necessary than ever. The objective is to offer the best football and it is the clubs that must control their own destiny. They have gone so far as to say that we will leave the national championships, but this is false, because the Super League would be totally compatible with them and it will be a meritocratic competition".
"The new UEFA format is an unusual and absurd project. This model will further alienate the fans of our sport and especially the younger ones. This new format is a system that serves the interests of its managers, which does not take into account the needs of the players, of the fans and the players. It is a formula that puts an end to European football, it does not address the threat of other growing sports and other forms of entertainment offered to the public."
"The Super League was conceived to solve all these problems. I continue to trust in the justice of the European Union because UEFA has no right to a monopoly on football in the Europe of freedoms."
So, these are important words, and these are the words I would like to hear from the president of my company. And instead I had to settle for her, not only with generic and obvious reassurances on the return to sporting competitiveness, but also with a long series of ear-splitting declarations, which I quote verbatim below:
"... we as the Board of Directors believe we have the experience, competence and determination to defend Juventus in all competent forums, criminal, sporting and civil. We will do it with rigor and calmness, and without arrogance. We have always respected those who will have to judge us. But we want equal respect to discuss the reasons for our actions in the competent forums."
But while she offered her "calmness", we instead received arrogance from UEFA and the Football Federation, with blackmail and bribery in broad daylight, in sports newspapers. While she offered respect to Sports Justice, the latter gave and took away points at will, without any method, with the sole objective of throwing us out of European competitions. Juventus was brutalized on the altar of a score-settling between our former president and his son's first-time friend. Thrown out of football that counts on the basis of weak, specious accusations that we don't even know if they will make it to the criminal and civil hearings. Crippled by economic damage that we can estimate to be well over 100 million euros for the current season alone, but which could indirectly extend to future years as well. Humiliated by a plea deal that time is revealing to us in all its miserable cowardice. More than a plea bargain, it is a real blackmail, the secondary effects of which are starting to manifest themselves promptly, starting with the newfound submissiveness in dealing with the still open questions relating to the incredible profiteering on the 2006 championship and the related and sacrosanct request for damages.
After 17 years the scene repeats itself. Someone decides to throw us out of football and we are silent. And we calmly turn the other cheek. And all this happens with the blessing of the engineer. Elkann, president of the majority shareholder EXOR, according to which "Juventus is not the problem of Italian football. On the contrary: it is part of the solution."
Is the solution for Italian football to submit to UEFA's blackmail? Is the solution for Italian football to bury Juventus to obtain the organization of the European Championship 2032, also shared with a country that has always winked at terrorism? Is the solution for Italian football to make Juventus shareholders, small and large, put in the money after Juventus itself has invested at least 500 million REAL euros in the Italian football player market, helping to support the entire industry? Is the solution for Italian football to humiliate the fans and shareholders for the second time in a few years with this collaborative, dare I say double-agent, attitude alongside our executioners? These are the questions I would like you to answer.
I tell my fellow shareholders that we avoided Serie B only because we fans gave a clear signal through the cancellations of pay-TV subscriptions, of which I was proudly one of the promoters of the campaign. Without that civil and powerful form of protest, which shuffled the cards and exposed the weakness of the system, we would most likely have suffered another relegation.
This is why, dear President, we are tired. Tired of calmness. Tired of some inexplicable refereeing that we always suffer without saying a word. Tired of the family newspapers which are the most ferocious in attacking Juventus. Tired of the passivity towards some journalists who continue to be invited into the press room. Tired of always being able to predict in advance the script with which they will try to throw us out. Perhaps also tired of a majority shareholder who certainly puts in a little money every now and then, but who promptly proves inadequate when he has to defend the image of the Company and its centenary history.
Now, I understand that you and Dr. Scanavino are there a bit by chance, and are trying to faithfully carry out the directives that have been imposed on you, however this does not exempt you from having to also answer to the other shareholders and above all to the fans. And yet you have been in office for almost a year and you only seem busy putting your papers in order, incapable of expressing even the slightest form of enthusiasm for the role you hold.
Juventus, dear President, is something else. Juventus is a club that lives perpetually under attack. But the defense of these colors cannot be entrusted to the fans and a few willing bloggers. And yet that's exactly what happens. You locked in your ivory tower, new Badoglio marshals, bearers of armistices and compromises, always downward, with the football institutions. And we are out in the trenches, chewing bitterly, observing your icy indifference.
Today we are here to put in the money, and we will put in the money, as we have always put in it. But you, your face and your heart, when will you start wearing them?
[/quote

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
its just their wishful thinking (A22 is the creator of Superleague). EU principles and freedom applies only when they are paid good, wont be the case here imo (well they will probably get money but from the monopolist)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
its just their wishful thinking (A22 is the creator of Superleague). EU principles and freedom applies only when they are paid good, wont be the case here imo (well they will probably get money but from the monopolist)
why football is different than basketball or tennis from a legal perspective

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
why football is different than basketball or tennis from a legal perspective
it shouldnt be, but there is a big possibility that it will be treated in a different way, it was already hinted bu EU few months ago:

The advocate general of the EU Court of Justice (CJEU), Athanasios Rantos, was responding to a request by the Commercial Court in Madrid to rule on whether FIFA and UEFA would have the right to take action in accordance with competition law and fundamental freedoms.

European Super League (ESLC) chiefs argued such actions should be regarded as anti-competitive and incompatible with EU competition law.

Rantos said in his opinion, which is not binding and will be followed by a court judgement expected in the new year, that: "Whilst ESLC is free to set up its own independent football competition outside the UEFA and FIFA ecosystem, it cannot however, in parallel with the creation of such a competition, continue to participate in the football competitions organised by FIFA and UEFA without the prior authorisation of those federations."
as I said EU principles and freedom is only in use when its worth to use it.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
BREAKING: The European Court of Justice rule that UEFA/FIFA acted against competition law by blocking the formation of the European Super League in 2021.

- - - Updated - - -

ECJ: “Neither UEFA nor FIFA can impose sanctions on clubs that participate in alternative competitions.”

- - - Updated - - -

Come on Elkann sue Uefa and Figc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)