The Rejuvenated Funny Pics Thread - NO VIDEOS (YouTube Included) (22 Viewers)

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
If you want the respect of the cars, follow the damn rules.
The ones that cycle in the middle of the road when there is a cycle lane - lol.

Still, I have a much bigger problem with $#@! automobile drivers.
I hate cyclists. Just wanted to get that out there. :D
Take it to the hill of Ireland and you'll end up in a ditch.
Polish and a Jihadi Cyclist?

You would have a whale of a time in some areas of Ireland :lol:
I hear you. Don't complain that you can't have it both ways. If you can't be bothered to stop for a stop sign, you have not qualified for the same rights of way as a car.
For one, people on bikes who occupy urban intersections, slam their fists on the hoods of stuck cars, and yell, "Two less wheels! Two less wheels!!!!"
Noun: Cyclists that think that road users and pedestrians owe them extra special treatment as well as lamenting the lack of sticking to the rules of the road while breaking them constantly - read; Running Red Lights, Mounting the curb, Swerving dangerously.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
still tho.

I guess it's easier in Northern Europe. The Greek or Portuguese (for example) could never bike to work.
Presumably they're more adapted to their local climate.

- - - Updated - - -

I hate riding in traffic. Especially when there's not bike lane so I relegated to keeping with the rules of the road. That means stop signs and red lights. There's nothing worse than stopping at a red light and having some soccer mom trying pull up beside you in your lane and getting mad because she's too dumb to realize that you're not supposed to move out of her way.
Bike lanes get you out of traffic lights? That's a new one. Whenever I bike to work (8km) it's my goal not to stop at any light, but I'm usually forced to 2-3 times. If I had to stop at every single one I'd quit.

Over here the bike lanes just run alongside the road and car drivers frequently park in them or pull over in them to offload stuff. So there's really no firm respect of bike lanes.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Bike lanes get you out of traffic lights? That's a new one. Whenever I bike to work (8km) it's my goal not to stop at any light, but I'm usually forced to 2-3 times. If I had to stop at every single one I'd quit.

Over here the bike lanes just run alongside the road and car drivers frequently park in them or pull over in them to offload stuff. So there's really no firm respect of bike lanes.
@Martin

Not out of traffic lights, there is just a designated place for you to be. I don't like stopping either, then again I prefer not to get hit by cars.:D

Unfortunately when you ride in US cities with bike lanes, it's not unusual to see people using them as a parking lane as well. Like entire streets with cars parked in the bike lanes. It's so annoying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)