The one and only Capello thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

juv_10

Jul 13, 2002
Yes I do blame Capello for the loss in CL, I don't care how successful he was with other clubs all I care about is Juve and Capello add nothing to this team.

You think Arsenal has better squad what about Villareal do they have a better squad than us? NO they are not. Ok, inter are loser but how about Arsenal, did you watch the both matches of juve vs Arsenal and Villareal vs Arsenal and I mean home and away.

Now who play better and why? Yeah it's Villareal with the likes of Tachi, Sorin ,Sena ,Josi Mari, dominate Arsenal in the second leg and if they have Trez they may won it by 3-0, and even in first leg they attacked and have more chances than we did. But no Capello is not the one to blame that our first shot on goal in a match that we need to win it by 3-0 comes in 73 minute. Not to mention when we were the joke of the world against Werder Breman or do they have a better squad?

No it's not Capello fault we play 442 no it's not his fault Mutu play right and left wing, it's not his fault we play with two DMs, it's not his fault playing off form players and it's not his fault we play the hopeless long ball.

If that’s not his fault then what the fvck he's doing there

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Jem83 said:
@ Fliakis

How?

Maybe not on paper if you consider our players' past, but we're talking about AT THE MOMENT.

Neddy is good, but past it

Thuram is good, but past it

Emerson is good, but slow

Vieira is good, but not the player he used to be

Del Piero is aging

Zalayeta should be shot

Zebina, don't get me started

Mutu is very good, but inconsistent, even as a striker

Arsenal have some problems as well, but generally they are FRESHER, more INNOVATIVE, have a better combination of youth and experience

not by much, but still better
:wallbang:

ITS THE COACH fgs, mutu is good, but plays on the wing, dp doesnt play often and we dont know what is going on his mind(his profesional and grownup but think like this jem: dp plays and wants to improve while playing, show why his good and should play more, cap wont start with him still(if you say dp should used to with his new role, then your wrong, EVERY PLAYER WANTS TO PLAY AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE) and if you also add to that ibra who doesnt prove his worth starts every game, it defenetly has an effect. i mean dp is gona go to wc, so what this age. if players perform well then the age is not so important, fgs zoff was 40 when won wc.

also add to that, arsenal is not that good actually, they where a bit lucky in group stage, late win with berkgamp goal 92 minute for example. I agree against real they played well, but in groupstage not that good imo.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
denco said:
A coach or manager or whatever does not earn his stripes when the going gets good, its when the going gets bad, thats when you know who is good or who is just fortunate to have players at his disposal. our good start to the season shows how good the team really is, its got very little to do with the manager. What the manager should there fore do is find a way to get back to that particular form and thats when he earns his bacon. Okay tiredness came into play as most are above 30 but whose fault is that? Why is the likes of Cannavaro playing in coppa italia, simply because herefused to use alternatives like Gladstone. The 4-4-2 worked for him in the season and we were getting away with it, even if i kept on saying that yes we were winning but our performances save for a very few matches were not great. but of cos on here, as long as we win, it never mattered how we played, we were the greatest. Now the results are not quite going for us and even if the performances by and large have not altered, you are saying we are on a poor run. In terms of results, yes, in terms of performances, no, cos its been like that most of the season. Its just that in Cl we were not allowed to get away with lame performances and were spanked deservedly against the better sides.
Jeez man, I dont even know why you're arguin wit me...can't you read my post..did I ever say Capello was a great coach?
I just said he deserved some credit for our good form early on.

Again you continue to be unobjective and have bezarre rating standards because by your views, any team that does well is the merit of the players ALONE and any time the team is in bad form it is the fault of the manager/coach. Where is your logic in that man?

By this logic All serie A winners have bad/or ok coaches because they had the most/longest good form out of all teams.

While Im saying, A good form is the result of both players and managers (perhaps not in equal proportion) and
A DIP in form is also because of both players and coach (again, especially in our case no at all in equal proportion but still has an impact.

denco said:
Look man, if i had a Ferrari and i am putting pedal to the metal, it will pretty much be speeding like mad, and thats how good the ferrari is, if for some reason i am overtaken by a beetle then whose fault is that? Its not the ferrari, its the driver, its up to me , the driver to find out what the hell is wrong with my car, fix it soonest and slam that mother to the floor. I should not wait 7 bloody weeks to find out whats wrong with my car
jeez dont even start with simple logics if you cant find the proper analogy...you wanna talk race then let me ask you this:

1. How can you compare player abilities from one team to another? You can't really, at least not easily, there are just some players who have higher profiles than others, meaning they have the more famous name. But you can't really rate a player like how CM/FM rates their players. So you can't EASILY say who has the better team, only who has the more HIGH PROFILE players.

2. Back to racin, try this on...last season McLaren and Renault pretty much had the same car performance (lets say that we can correctly compare player abilities), both were fast. But Renault won the Championship. Why??
Because Alonzo was better than Raikonen?
No. Because Renault's car rarely brokedown, while McLaren contiously broke down in the beginning of the season. This is pleading the case that even ferraris and the like do break, and that just says that the Driver is not completely at fault all the time, even when a buggy passes.

Good performances are when both car and driver are having a great day and bad performances usually start from one of them bieng bad, until finally both become bad. Like Capello who didn't do shit to fix our bad form.
But you must realized that he did his part as a driver during the good form.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
- vOnAm - said:
Jeez man, I dont even know why you're arguin wit me...can't you read my post..did I ever say Capello was a great coach?
I just said he deserved some credit for our good form early on.

Again you continue to be unobjective and have bezarre rating standards because by your views, any team that does well is the merit of the players ALONE and any time the team is in bad form it is the fault of the manager/coach. Where is your logic in that man?

By this logic All serie A winners have bad/or ok coaches because they had the most/longest good form out of all teams.

While Im saying, A good form is the result of both players and managers (perhaps not in equal proportion) and
A DIP in form is also because of both players and coach (again, especially in our case no at all in equal proportion but still has an impact.

jeez dont even start with simple logics if you cant find the proper analogy...you wanna talk race then let me ask you this:

1. How can you compare player abilities from one team to another? You can't really, at least not easily, there are just some players who have higher profiles than others, meaning they have the more famous name. But you can't really rate a player like how CM/FM rates their players. So you can't EASILY say who has the better team, only who has the more HIGH PROFILE players.

2. Back to racin, try this on...last season McLaren and Renault pretty much had the same car performance (lets say that we can correctly compare player abilities), both were fast. But Renault won the Championship. Why??
Because Alonzo was better than Raikonen?
No. Because Renault's car rarely brokedown, while McLaren contiously broke down in the beginning of the season. This is pleading the case that even ferraris and the like do break, and that just says that the Driver is not completely at fault all the time, even when a buggy passes.

Good performances are when both car and driver are having a great day and bad performances usually start from one of them bieng bad, until finally both become bad. Like Capello who didn't do shit to fix our bad form.
But you must realized that he did his part as a driver during the good form.
i will just put this as simply as i possibly can as my comments are going over your head. A team like juventus with the players they have and tradition of winning mentality, do not need a great manager to make them win seriea. The way they played at the beginning of the season is how good they are whenever they are fresh and there are no obstacles. Afterwards with tiredness and disappointments like going out tamely in cl setting in, its now the job of the manager to earn the mega bucks that he is being paid. Hvae you not heard many times managers and people saying its only in times of adversity that you know a manager's true worth? Capello is undoubtedly a very successful manager, he knows how to win the scudetto as his record speaks for itself but I cannot consider him a great coach or manager simply because, he has at his disposal a very good squad and he is not playing at a level field with 90% of his opposition in the league.
I was talking about Ferarri and you bring in F1, i was not talking about F1 and your analogy with Alonso and raikonnen does not apply here as neither can bring in a replacement car during races whenever things go awry but capello can bring in subs

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
1. Again I never said he was a great coach, but he ain't no loser...and I don't think any juve team could win with just any coach...the great form we had earlier on was due to Capello's non rotation system IMO, thats how our main squad kept beating other teams week in week out...if you wanna take alook at freshness and quality well than Milan are better than us as in week 10, was it, they beat us (both still fresh), does that make their squad better or their coach?

2. The F1, dearest pal, is alot better analogy than a ferri who's drag racing a VW beattle...
You can't change your car but the analogy was that the car is your squad, you can change the spare parts and even if it is ferrari someshit does happen and you need to replace some parts...

Anyways, I don't think our squad was godly to begin with, contrary ofcourse to your belief...

but we'll just leave it at that then for now..

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
No Capello fear for Mancio
Wednesday 10 May, 2006
Inter boss Roberto Mancini has laughed off speculation linking Fabio Capello with his job. “It’s hard to find a better Coach than me,” he smiled.

Mancio made the statement this afternoon as stories suggesting that the Juventus man will be the next Nerazzurri tactician continue to gather pace.

But the Sampdoria legend has insisted that he doesn’t fear for his job and is only concerned by tomorrow’s Coppa Italia Final against Roma.

“Anything can happen, but I have no great fear,” he said. “I have no particular sensation about what is being said. These are normal things, perhaps even real.

“I am here at Inter and I must just think about doing my job in the best possible manner. Finding someone better than me is difficult…”

Capello’s reputation and success as a Coach makes him an ideal candidate for the job, yet Mancio is hopeful that he will be given another season at the San Siro.

“It is clear that if Inter opt for a change then they will go for an important, well-known name and there are not too many of them about,” he continued.

“I have no problems at this club. It has been a tough year, but I could achieve certain objectives in the future.”

Mancini does have a chance to celebrate tomorrow night, though, when they face Roma at the San Siro in the Italian Cup Final after last week’s 1-1 draw.

“Winning this trophy was our third objective, but winning the Coppa is better than nothing,” he added.

“I think it will be a different game from the first one and although we have the advantage it won’t be easy for us.

“Juan Veron? He’s not ready to start and will begin on the bench even if he might not have more than 30 minutes in him.”

Channel4.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Azzurri7 said:
Ill be jumping over the moon if he did really leave. Somehow I see this as a possibility, Cap aint a loyal manager I wont be suprised if he follows the money and tries a new challenge like he always hopes to. If this happens, which I honestly hope then Ill be the first one to board capello on a plane to milan. Good riddance... someone can pinch me now. :D

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
PhRoZeN said:
Ill be jumping over the moon if he did really leave. Somehow I see this as a possibility, Cap aint a loyal manager I wont be suprised if he follows the money and tries a new challenge like he always hopes to. If this happens, which I honestly hope then Ill be the first one to board capello on a plane to milan. Good riddance... someone can pinch me now. :D
he wont leave his love, zlatan ibrahimovic

Ivyscorpioo

Apr 4, 2006
Azzurri7 said:
Wednesday 10 May, 2006
Inter boss Roberto Mancini has laughed off speculation linking Fabio Capello with his job. “It’s hard to find a better Coach than me,” he smiled.

“I am here at Inter and I must just think about doing my job in the best possible manner. Finding someone better than me is difficult…”

Channel4.
This guy is a joke. For the sake of both Club sack Mancini and take Cap please.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Stephan said:
he wont leave his love, zlatan ibrahimovic
that certainly felt like a pinch. Heck I hope he takes zlatan with him in a deal which could secure a swap for martins. If not then :money: would do. Infact I wont be suprised that he will put in a bid for zlatan as soon as he reached inter. His predictable as far as his concerned whereever he goes, his senile crew should follow him.

d.nico

Apr 23, 2003
- vOnAm - said:
1. Again I never said he was a great coach, but he ain't no loser...and I don't think any juve team could win with just any coach...the great form we had earlier on was due to Capello's non rotation system IMO, thats how our main squad kept beating other teams week in week out...if you wanna take alook at freshness and quality well than Milan are better than us as in week 10, was it, they beat us (both still fresh), does that make their squad better or their coach?

2. The F1, dearest pal, is alot better analogy than a ferri who's drag racing a VW beattle...
You can't change your car but the analogy was that the car is your squad, you can change the spare parts and even if it is ferrari someshit does happen and you need to replace some parts...

Anyways, I don't think our squad was godly to begin with, contrary ofcourse to your belief...

but we'll just leave it at that then for now..
It's fool to say that Juve could win (game moreover scudetto) with any coach.
A coach is definitely important part in a team win and loss.
Winning scudetto twice in a row definitely means something.

Look at Real Madrid now... They have everything to win the league and also CL, but they didn't. It's simply because they don't have a good coach.

There are some requirements to win CL or at least to perform well:
1 they have to dominance in domestic league.
2 they must have very good back-up players
3 LUCKY!!!

Juve this season simply don't have requirement number 2 and 3. That's why we failed.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
d.nico said:
It's fool to say that Juve could win (game moreover scudetto) with any coach.
A coach is definitely important part in a team win and loss.
Winning scudetto twice in a row definitely means something.

Look at Real Madrid now... They have everything to win the league and also CL, but they didn't. It's simply because they don't have a good coach.

There are some requirements to win CL or at least to perform well:
1 they have to dominance in domestic league.
2 they must have very good back-up players
3 LUCKY!!!

Juve this season simply don't have requirement number 2 and 3. That's why we failed.
I would call Werder Bremen's goal keeper's aberration a hiuge slice of luck, would you not? How were we unlucky to go out in Cl? How anyone can look at Real madrid and see a team there is way beyond my comprehension

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
- vOnAm - said:
We actually prefer the Chamions League, but our style of play and tactics differ.

The Champions League is about playing your abosolute best during the 180 mins of a two-leg battle.
Leagues are a calculated effort which in most part involves FITNESS or Resource strategy, playing consistantly over a 9-10 month period.

Compared to motor racing:
1. The Champions League is a Sprint Race.
High risk taking, tremendously aggresive, technically brilliant topped off with short term tactics

2. The Serie A Tittle is a Circuit Race.
Long term tactics, managed risk taking, managed resouces(tires,fuel) and the patience to execute formulated tactics

Now in an all out sprint race I think Raikonen can beat Schummy, but we all know how well Schummy can look after his tires, and beat Raikonen after 60laps.

Milan have been somewhat a balanced team and thats why they don't Dominate in Serie A, but are always strong contenders in both competitions.

Juventus are all out Circuit racers; we Dominate those races often enough but our system fails in the Sprints.
Because we simply don't play the football style that is required in the Champions League, we lack that fire.

So why do English teams seem to get it right the last two years?

Becuase the EPL is identical to a Series of Sprint races rather than a tactical Circuit race. Week-In and Week-Out it is all out football from all teams in the league; implementing aggresive tactics and taking high risks, hence "Kick and Rush" football.
I don't see many of the EPL teams formulating or implementing long term tactics to secure league positions like you would find in the Serie A. And only a small portion of those who, like Chelsea, apply these tactics patiently. Which EPL team can control the match pace? Most just play as fast as they can.
It is this aggresive mindset that have enabled English teams to be mentally more suited to progressing in the Chamions League. And the lack of success in the domestic league during their CL campaign is just a sign of inability to keep the gas tank full.

Thats crazy!! If that were the case than why does Italy often have more representatives than England in the latter stages?

My answer would be that Sprint races, as I have mentioned, DO require technical capabilities and certainly Italian teams are known for their technical abilities. Some who make it to the semi's are just able to implement that 'short game' tactic and become more aggresive while others (like Juve) can't.

What we, Juventus, need is a more fiery coach or style of play which is able to release the aggresiveness of our players. To be bold and brave enough to challange our opponents by playing a more open brand of football. One which gives more space for them to score yet also allows us to send a mental message of supiriority by the sheer class and fluidity of our movements. Even if this style won't be played every week of the season, we still need a coach who knows how to play 'em.

We have got the players to play a more open game and WIN, so why aren't we doin' just that?
Instead of applying tactics that sends messages to other clubs about how insecure we are about our football by applying a more closed game. Scared isn't an attitude of Champions. Scared tactics will never win us the Champions League. Don't get me wrong, I like how Juve can win without giving much effort and how we can control the pace of many matches, but we can and should be able to play more openly oo more occasions. I'm not saying we should be a Gung-Ho team, but we need to have Gung-Ho capabilities, so that when the time comes to risk it all, we can really go for broke. :agree:
wrote it a few days back...just wanted to repost to show what I think bout the CL

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
denco said:
I would call Werder Bremen's goal keeper's aberration a hiuge slice of luck, would you not? How were we unlucky to go out in Cl? How anyone can look at Real madrid and see a team there is way beyond my comprehension
That wasn't luck for me, it was a miracle....:agree:

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
although we had ou first slice of luck in the last few years against werder bremen, but i still dont think we had as much luck as liverpool or even arsenal.

many ppl say if u work hard in a game then luck would stand by u , mybe thats true but i didnt see that in the few years back against milan.
and that could be true as we would be unlucky if bremen would've knocked out.

so i dont know how this luck thing goes

d.nico

Apr 23, 2003
denco said:
I would call Werder Bremen's goal keeper's aberration a hiuge slice of luck, would you not?
I simply call it lucky. But not enough lucky to win CL.

denco said:
How were we unlucky to go out in Cl?
Lucky is just one aspect to win CL. We go out of CL not because of unlucky.

denco said:
How anyone can look at Real madrid and see a team there is way beyond my comprehension
So real madrid and inter are what?

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
d.nico said:
I simply call it lucky. But not enough lucky to win CL.

Lucky is just one aspect to win CL. We go out of CL not because of unlucky.

So real madrid and inter are what?
Real Madrid do not have a team , they have a bunch of individuals, some great, a lot past it, some, out of form, some, do not give a shit and a lot not good enough or vastly overrated. They have had 2 presidents this season alone, 4 or 5 managers in 3 years and no defence but somehow you say they are a great team who just need a good coach?Inter is another story altogether

d.nico

Apr 23, 2003
denco said:
Real Madrid do not have a team , they have a bunch of individuals, some great, a lot past it, some, out of form, some, do not give a shit and a lot not good enough or vastly overrated. They have had 2 presidents this season alone, 4 or 5 managers in 3 years and no defence but somehow you say they are a great team who just need a good coach?Inter is another story altogether
2 presidents who can't choose a right manager to manage his club.
they are not a team because there is not a manager to make them like a team.

all i want to say is players and manager have their part in a team success or fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)