The one and only Capello thread (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 28, 2002
Jem83 said:
1)

you never have a championship "in your pockets"

that is pure disrespect to Serie A, and shame on you

it's the same as saying Juve are playing in an easy league
we had in the bag, everyone ackowledged that weeks ago. you just cannot CANNOT piss away 10 point lead just like that

2)
morale is on the up/being revived
i wouldnt be so certain. we just gained some decent form i last 2 games.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Fliakis said:
we had in the bag, everyone ackowledged that weeks ago. you just cannot CANNOT piss away 10 point lead just like that
It has happened in football many times before

What you should be happy about is that we haven't "pissed it away", because we lead by 3 points and there is 1 game to go.

We have a clear advantage still

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Jem83 said:
I'm gonna level with you on this one, Stephan

You seem genuinely interested in hearing my opinion

and here it is:

Arsenal were the better side

Why?

First of all, they ARE a great side

Second, they knew Patrick Vieira and closed him down

Third, we were missing Pavel Nedved and Alessandro Del Piero in the first leg

The tie was lost in the first leg, and I was there to witness the entire shambles

Damn you for bringing back the memories :pumpkin:
why did you respond with arsenal match here, i am talking about what happened AFTER, i dont even care about this CL anymore, we looked poor against bremen and i hoped for improvement, didnt come, ok, better luck next year. But what happened in the league, why we lost our motivation TOTALLY, draw after draw. while milan was still in the CL!

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Fliakis said:

i wouldnt be so certain. we just gained some decent form i last 2 games.
Very wrong

I noticed a few sparks against Fiorentina

I know we should've lost that game, but some players began their step up already then, Vieira for instance

Wounds take time to heal, but we're well on our way now, and hopefully we'll all be celebrating on Sunday :pint:

Sep 28, 2002
Jem83 said:
I'm gonna level with you on this one, Stephan

You seem genuinely interested in hearing my opinion

and here it is:

Arsenal were the better side

Why?

First of all, they ARE a great side

Second, they knew Patrick Vieira and closed him down

Third, we were missing Pavel Nedved and Alessandro Del Piero in the first leg

The tie was lost in the first leg, and I was there to witness the entire shambles

Damn you for bringing back the memories :pumpkin:
would have said that arsenal are a great side at the beginning of the season? with their dismal record in europe and piss poor results in the league?

vieira was rubbish since may november, arsenal didnt close, he was simply rubbish.

nedved and ale were missed, i agree, but i still cant believe hwo poor we were agaisnt clearly weaker side.

and what about our performance agaisnt werder? lets be just, we didnt deserve to past them. capello is just unable to adapt his team's tactics according to circumstances. and you cannot neglect the fact that while we were winning in the league, we were playing poorly.

and i want to make one thing clear, i didnt jump on this anti capello/zlatan bandwagon recently, last season already, i said zlatan was overrated, and i blamed capello solely on our exit from europe.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Stephan said:
why did you respond with arsenal match here, i am talking about what happened AFTER, i dont even care about this CL anymore, we looked poor against bremen and i hoped for improvement, didnt come, ok, better luck next year. But what happened in the league, why we lost our motivation TOTALLY, draw after draw. while milan was still in the CL!
Why?

Because the Arsenal defeat had a lot to do with our already poor form becoming worse

The players, who believed they could win the Champions League, now had to deal with the fact that they were out, and to be honest - I'm just glad we draw all those games and didn't lose them

Some of those draws are crucial in the Scudetto race

Morale is coming back now, and it's looking good

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Fliakis said:
would have said that arsenal are a great side at the beginning of the season? with their dismal record in europe and piss poor results in the league?

vieira was rubbish since may november, arsenal didnt close, he was simply rubbish.

nedved and ale were missed, i agree, but i still cant believe hwo poor we were agaisnt clearly weaker side.

and what about our performance agaisnt werder? lets be just, we didnt deserve to past them. capello is just unable to adapt his team's tactics according to circumstances. and you cannot neglect the fact that while we were winning in the league, we were playing poorly.

and i want to make one thing clear, i didnt jump on this anti capello/zlatan bandwagon recently, last season already, i said zlatan was overrated, and i blamed capello solely on our exit from europe.
Blame Capello, I'm not going to change your mind

What do I believe?

We didn't have the players to win the Champions League this season

the Champions League is no joke

Werder Bremen is no joke

Arsenal is no joke

Football Manager - is a joke

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
morale is coming back for the last game? well thats "good" indeed.

I know its a important game if we want scudetto, but morale is a bit late. we already have wc and players will have differant desire on that one. Personally i think its a good thing we have wc coming, atleast players get out of this routine.

btw jem, i still expect comment on this one, and dont go to arsenal or what ever game excuse, i am talking about routine here:

http://www.juventuz.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1044908&postcount=659

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Stephan said:
morale is coming back for the last game? well thats "good" indeed.
Morale improves gradually and in my opinion started way before the Siena/Palermo games

There were signs of improvement against Fiorentina, Cagliari and Lazio as well

Cagliari should *never' have gotten a point from that game, THAT was the robbery, not Canna's header

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Stephan said:
well for me it looked as players lost their concentrate. seria a is not easy league, but with the players we have and some smaller teams have, we shouldnt have so many problems as we had. And heck, i am talking about playing football, then it wouldnt been even that bad, as i atleast see team giving a good effort a good fight. but nothing, no passion, desire. not enough motivation i guess? and who should motivate players, their gf and wifes :p ? It seemed as it was like a bad routine ( i mean like waking up every day same time, going to work/school, every time same thing, personally i dont like routine, i dont know about you jem), anyway, in juve it was also routine, always same formation and always same players starting, some players tired, and routine!!! Thats a big thing in here, you cant just ignore this now. Routine will affect players form defenetly.
I respect your opinion and acknowledge that there may be some truth in this

When Capello does something wrong he should be criticized

When he does something good he should be praised

Can we at least agree on this?

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Jem83 said:
Why?

Because the Arsenal defeat had a lot to do with our already poor form becoming worse

The players, who believed they could win the Champions League, now had to deal with the fact that they were out, and to be honest - I'm just glad we draw all those games and didn't lose them

Some of those draws are crucial in the Scudetto race

Morale is coming back now, and it's looking good
if they believed, then why they didnt show that on the pitch?

Sep 28, 2002
Jem83 said:
Blame Capello, I'm not going to change your mind

What do I believe?

We didn't have the players to win the Champions League this season

the Champions League is no joke

Werder Bremen is no joke

Arsenal is no joke

Football Manager - is a joke
football manager is a fine game, but it has no connection to this discussion whatsoever, you keep bringing it up.

if we dont have the players to win the cl, then porto didnt have them in 2004, pool didnt last year, arsenal surely dont have this year. yet they're doing a much better job.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Fliakis said:

well nedved was missed, but dp doesnt start anyway so how was he missed?

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Fliakis said:
football manager is a fine game, but it has no connection to this discussion whatsoever, you keep bringing it up.

if we dont have the players to win the cl, then porto didnt have them in 2004, pool didnt last year, arsenal surely dont have this year. yet they're doing a much better job.
I believe that game is the reason why so many people actually think they could manage a team in real life, so therefore it's relevant.

and regarding Porto, Liverpool and Arsenal: they did

Arsenal are a great side and they've finished 4th in the toughest league in the World.

Barcelona should be aware of this team.

As for Porto, they had a fair share of luck, especially at Old Trafford, but luck can get you far.. Difficult to plan for luck, it happens when it happens

Liverpool are the largest club in the world with a tremendous winning culture and a great manager with great players - were you surprised that they won?

We are great club also, and we have chances of winning this competition if we replace our old players - who has done well in Serie-A (and no I'm not calling it an easy league, but it's easier than the CL that's for sure) - and not so good in the CL

Sep 28, 2002
Jem83 said:
I believe that game is the reason why so many people actually think they could manage a team in real life, so therefore it's relevant.

and regarding Porto, Liverpool and Arsenal: they did

Arsenal are a great side and they've finished 4th in the toughest league in the World.

Barcelona should be aware of this team.

As for Porto, they had a fair share of luck, especially at Old Trafford, but luck can get you far.. Difficult to plan for luck, it happens when it happens

Liverpool are the largest club in the world with a tremendous winning culture and a great manager with great players - were you surprised that they won?

We are great club also, and we have chances of winning this competition if we replace our old players - who has done well in Serie-A (and no I'm not calling it an easy league, but it's easier than the CL that's for sure) - and not so good in the CL
man i just love how you twist facts so that they would back your argument.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
ßömßärdîër said:
I think that it is a coaching malfunction Fli, and I think you DONT HAVE THE PLAYERS TO WIN THE CL.

But that is just me.

Porto and Pool have better coaches, and Arsenal has a better squad.
It wasn't a coaching malfunction, but as for the highlighted parts:

I couldn't agree more

Mourinho and Benitez are better coaches than Capello but they're SO OUT OF REACH we shouldn't even bother

and Arsenal definately have a better squad

Sep 28, 2002
ßömßärdîër said:
I think that it is a coaching malfunction Fli, and I think you DONT HAVE THE PLAYERS TO WIN THE CL.

But that is just me.

Porto and Pool have better coaches, and Arsenal has a better squad.
eboue, senderos, flamini, gilberto? come again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)