The one and only Capello thread (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
denco said:
. The problem is now even if everything settles down and nothing comes out of this, how are we supporters ever gonna watch a Juve match in which we have played very poorly and won and not wonder if the match had been decided before a ball was kicked. I had said it before, if our football was better, I am not sure too many teams would have complained about our victories even if they might have been jealous of our success. Its kinda ironic that we have been a victim of our success domestically where we play badly but win with so many dubious decisions going our way and our very poor displays in Cl where , when we represent Italy as its premier club, we always seems to embarass Italy. It may not be the case but if we were a bit more entertaining, a bit more daring in our displays and convincing both at home and abroad, we may have gotten away with this crap. But our displays under Capello and our success with him just don't add up, maybe thats why someone decided its time he investigates whats going on here, and guess what they have managed to uncover here. For Italy's sake,i hope it does not jeopardise their chances in wc as this is not good at all
I agree with you're arguments about changing coach, I am also very displeased at our style of play which will never win us a CL title.

But I must comment on our so called scandal:

1. The refs haven't really been on our side except for that one season 2000/2001 if Im not mistaken when Juventus have gotten many dubious ref decisions.
I watch the Serie A because I am a fan of the league, thus I watch almost all the big team's games every week. Juve(ofcourse), Milan, Inter, Roma, Lazio, Parma and let me tell you this, ALL of them has gotten their share of ref decisions.

And in the last few years, Inter and Milan have gotten more dubiuos ref dicisions! But wanna know the surprise? When Juve are rewarded with a contoversial call, lets say a 50:50 cal or 40:60l, they are all over the media...a win tainted with that call.
But when Milan and Inter get a decision, more often than not, it isn't mention in the media. That is what made me stand by Juve in terms of the ref scandals because honestly I don't see it after that 1 season. This is my personal observation after that tainted season.

2. I also don't think our win in times when our play seems dismal is another sign of foul play. We often use closed tactics, and so do our opponents against us as a result. That is why we don't see a free flowing game, or a bad game. I would think if we bought off a club to win or sumthin we would have been able to show a better and more attractive play no? We would be able to get more chances in the game? And make us look good, certainly if we payed we could have done it that way.

But since we seem to be satisfied by creating 3-4 chances a game, we recruit players who are clinical yet uncreative. And what do you get when you play a boring 90minute game? You get battles of mental concentration and also a lapse of one. That is why we seem to get that one chance to win a game against small teams. We don't create chances rather we challange our opponents in making a mistake.

With those things said, I do think we are not guilty for ALL of the accusations made at us, perhaps some. I do think Moggi hasn't been a clean staff for the club but I doubt that he is playin in a clean environment.

When everybody corrupts than who actually does? It becomes an informal guideline.

Anyways if we're goin down might as well go down with an attacking coach, the perfect time to unleash our youth squad and employ a new attacking minded coach. I'll still be there when Juventus get back to Serie A coz I doubt I will get any serie B games here; but I'll follow them through the internet.

Forza Juve

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
- vOnAm - said:
I agree with you're arguments about changing coach, I am also very displeased at our style of play which will never win us a CL title.

1. The refs haven't really been on our side except for that one season 2000/2001 if Im not mistaken when Juventus have gotten many dubious ref decisions.
I watch the Serie A because I am a fan of the league, thus I watch almost all the big team's games every week. Juve(ofcourse), Milan, Inter, Roma, Lazio, Parma and let me tell you this, ALL of them has gotten their share of ref decisions.

And in the last few years, Inter and Milan have gotten more dubiuos ref dicisions! But wanna know the surprise? When Juve are rewarded with a contoversial call, lets say a 50:50 cal or 40:60l, they are all over the media...a win tainted with that call.
But when Milan and Inter get a decision, more often than not, it isn't mention in the media. That is what made me stand by Juve in terms of the ref scandals because honestly I don't see it after that 1 season. This is my personal observation after that tainted season.

2. I also don't think our win in times when our play seems dismal is another sign of foul play. We often use closed tactics, and so do our opponents against us as a result. That is why we don't see a free flowing game, or a bad game. I would think if we bought off a club to win or sumthin we would have been able to show a better and more attractive play no? We would be able to get more chances in the game? And make us look good, certainly if we payed we could have done it that way.

But since we seem to be satisfied by creating 3-4 chances a game, we recruit players who are clinical yet uncreative. And what do you get when you play a boring 90minute game? You get battles of mental concentration and also a lapse of one. That is why we seem to get that one chance to win a game against small teams. We don't create chances rather we challange our opponents in making a mistake.

With those things said, I do think we are not guilty for ALL of the accusations made at us, perhaps some. I do think Moggi hasn't been a clean staff for the club but I doubt that he is playin in a clean environment.

When everybody corrupts than who actually does? It becomes an informal guideline.

Anyways if we're goin down might as well go down with an attacking coach, the perfect time to unleash our youth squad and employ a new attacking minded coach. I'll still be there when Juventus get back to Serie A coz I doubt I will get any serie B games here; but I'll follow them through the internet.

Forza Juve
spot on, i just doesnt add to me

the interesting thing is if we stay in serie A next year and do well, wat will the other teams say ? wats their excuse ? with moggi gone

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
- vOnAm - said:

Forza Juve
Did you say referees were not on our side this season? Okay lets start with the game against Parma at home. The penalty we got, was that a foul on Vieira? Did Cannavaro not pull back corradi in injury time? Against Udinese, was Dp's goal not offside? Did Muntari really deserve his red card? Did Cannavaro not blatantly push their player for a penalty? Against Milan at home this season, now i have been watching football for a while now and i can honestly say i have never seen 1 minute of injury time being played in the second half. Against Treviso away 6 minutes of extra time were awarded to give us time to score which we didn't. Against Calgiari it was 5 , which we did and of cos Camo should have gone before that. Not to mention the umpteenth amount of close off side calls we seems to get when our back line have fooked up offside play.
No its not peculiar to Juventus but it just seems we don't work hard enough for these decisions ,we just seems to be handed them. Since you claim to have seen a lot of serieA games please cite the games Milan, Roma, Inter and Lazio have gotten crucial decisions that blatanly changed the course of the points. I am not talking about minor would he or wont he have scored, i am talking blatant penalty decisions or clearly offside decisions that led to goals
In 2 seasons, only 1 game have we been cheated and the whole world has not heard the end of it and that was against Reginna last season. How would you feel if that happened to your club on a regular basis? Just 1 game against Reginna and we are still talking about it today. Every time we are favoured, you guys always wanna sugar coat it by saying it happens to Milan and Inter like thats relevant. Milan and Inter are not at risk here, we are. Then again even if people complain about Milan's favourable treatment, you turn a blind eye to it.
I have always read on here we Juve does not buy stars, we make em. Now it turns out that these guys have been stars for a while, its just that Moggi has been telling them to play badly so he can buy them on the cheap and when they come here they play better and we then say we revived their careers. No wonder we don't seem to wanna buy obviously good creative players.
You keep going on and about Milan but Milan have not really disgraced Italian football in cl, we have.
Our so called consistency against the smaller clubs, turns out not to be that either, as i have said before too many of these clubs always seem to have players missing when they meet us and even then we only seem to do just enough to win. I am sorry I cannot go along with all this talk about trying to bring other clubs into our mess to make me feel better

Sep 28, 2002
denco said:
Did you say referees were not on our side this season? Okay lets start with the game against Parma at home. The penalty we got, was that a foul on Vieira? Did Cannavaro not pull back corradi in injury time? Against Udinese, was Dp's goal not offside? Did Muntari really deserve his red card? Did Cannavaro not blatantly push their player for a penalty? Against Milan at home this season, now i have been watching football for a while now and i can honestly say i have never seen 1 minute of injury time being played in the second half. Against Treviso away 6 minutes of extra time were awarded to give us time to score which we didn't. Against Calgiari it was 5 , which we did and of cos Camo should have gone before that. Not to mention the umpteenth amount of close off side calls we seems to get when our back line have fooked up offside play.
No its not peculiar to Juventus but it just seems we don't work hard enough for these decisions ,we just seems to be handed them. Since you claim to have seen a lot of serieA games please cite the games Milan, Roma, Inter and Lazio have gotten crucial decisions that blatanly changed the course of the points. I am not talking about minor would he or wont he have scored, i am talking blatant penalty decisions or clearly offside decisions that led to goals
In 2 seasons, only 1 game have we been cheated and the whole world has not heard the end of it and that was against Reginna last season. How would you feel if that happened to your club on a regular basis? Just 1 game against Reginna and we are still talking about it today. Every time we are favoured, you guys always wanna sugar coat it by saying it happens to Milan and Inter like thats relevant. Milan and Inter are not at risk here, we are. Then again even if people complain about Milan's favourable treatment, you turn a blind eye to it.
I have always read on here we Juve does not buy stars, we make em. Now it turns out that these guys have been stars for a while, its just that Moggi has been telling them to play badly so he can buy them on the cheap and when they come here they play better and we then say we revived their careers. No wonder we don't seem to wanna buy obviously good creative players.
You keep going on and about Milan but Milan have not really disgraced Italian football in cl, we have.
Our so called consistency against the smaller clubs, turns out not to be that either, as i have said before too many of these clubs always seem to have players missing when they meet us and even then we only seem to do just enough to win. I am sorry I cannot go along with all this talk about trying to bring other clubs into our mess to make me feel better
the whole thing saying that we dont be stars is ludicrous

we dont buy stars? buffon, nedved, thuram, zlatan, emerson, cannavaro, vieira anyone? who of those wasnt a star when we bought him? and what stars did wee sell in that period?

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
seems like every thread in the forum is being turned to a discussion abt the scandal.

denco,well i have to say that along the years football in italy has lost it's purity.
Saying it's all this team's fault, and the others r just angels is just being ridicolous.
Abt Milan, well they won the roma game by two dubious penalties, and ignoring a penalty for roma.

Abt juve, i think there is a difference between playing effective football and winning by the help of the refferees.

and the only thing that i always think abt is that IF we were fixing games, then how come milan spoke up this season only ? And why did this information leak out at this crucial time of the season? why wasnt it out before? And this is the 2nd year running that at the crucial stage of the season we have a scandal.

anyway forzaa juve forzaa moggi

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
This is what you find worrying? the timing of the whole thing? I did not really see what the first penalty was for but the second was not dubious, you pull someone's shirt,its a penalty and Gilardino's shirt was pulled by Bovo. This is all besides the point. You keep saying forza Moggi like what he did was a shameful thing to himself. He did not bring disrepute to himself, he has brought disrepute to football in general, this club is totally disgraced and serieA has been undermined seriously. Its not like he was caught with a transexual or caught doping , thats all personal shame and i would have sympathised and probably supported him that the media are having a go for someone's personal downfall, but thats not the case here at all. His acts have affected the lives of millions of supporters and you keep saying forza Moggi.
Even if he is indicted, you will keep saying forza moggi like some kinda mantra. I have paid an absolute fortune following Juventus and it did not matter what the result was, i would still wana watch their next game, even if they bored me to tears, i would still pay to watch the next game only for me to find out the lenghts some people will go to just to win games and win scudetti
We already because of Moggi have the stigma of a club using performance enhancing drugs , now we are known world wide as out and out cheats. And you keep saying forza Moggi
Maybe you and I view life in different ways but i can never ever support anyone whose methods are of intimidation and manipulation . i am not not totally naive, i know shite like this goes on in sport but for transcripts to actually come out then your nightmare scenario becomes a reality.
We dont see eye to eye with Capello and that for 1 , i can understand but I cannot abide by anyone who can show support for someone who acts are so unscrupulous as we are now made to believe. And stop acting like its the media whose voices are on the telephone conversations.
This is not a good football , bad football issue this is a matter of whats wrong and whats right.
Who gives a crap about the timing, we shoul dhave wrapped up serieA ages ago anyways its did all this actually take place? And if it did, the fact is Moggi might escape punishment as it will be difficult to indict him but in our case we don't need a court, we just need a bunch of guys to agree that we did manipulate the league and we are doomed. So you have guys who have sweated the whole season to win the league see all their efforts go in smoke cos some ppl took it upon themselves to make doubly sure we won the league.
Just outta curiousity do u not think that this will affect Italy refreeing decisions wise in the wc and also in up coming Cl games? I am sure you do not care just only about Moggi and Juventus but I hate to see inoocent ppl suffer cos of the acts of others

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
denco said:
This is what you find worrying? the timing of the whole thing? I did not really see what the first penalty was for but the second was not dubious, you pull someone's shirt,its a penalty and Gilardino's shirt was pulled by Bovo. This is all besides the point. You keep saying forza Moggi like what he did was a shameful thing to himself. He did not bring disrepute to himself, he has brought disrepute to football in general, this club is totally disgraced and serieA has been undermined seriously. Its not like he was caught with a transexual or caught doping , thats all personal shame and i would have sympathised and probably supported him that the media are having a go for someone's personal downfall, but thats not the case here at all. His acts have affected the lives of millions of supporters and you keep saying forza Moggi.
Even if he is indicted, you will keep saying forza moggi like some kinda mantra. I have paid an absolute fortune following Juventus and it did not matter what the result was, i would still wana watch their next game, even if they bored me to tears, i would still pay to watch the next game only for me to find out the lenghts some people will go to just to win games and win scudetti
We already because of Moggi have the stigma of a club using performance enhancing drugs , now we are known world wide as out and out cheats. And you keep saying forza Moggi
Maybe you and I view life in different ways but i can never ever support anyone whose methods are of intimidation and manipulation . i am not not totally naive, i know shite like this goes on in sport but for transcripts to actually come out then your nightmare scenario becomes a reality.
We dont see eye to eye with Capello and that for 1 , i can understand but I cannot abide by anyone who can show support for someone who acts are so unscrupulous as we are now made to believe. And stop acting like its the media whose voices are on the telephone conversations.
This is not a good football , bad football issue this is a matter of whats wrong and whats right.
Who gives a crap about the timing, we shoul dhave wrapped up serieA ages ago anyways its did all this actually take place? And if it did, the fact is Moggi might escape punishment as it will be difficult to indict him but in our case we don't need a court, we just need a bunch of guys to agree that we did manipulate the league and we are doomed. So you have guys who have sweated the whole season to win the league see all their efforts go in smoke cos some ppl took it upon themselves to make doubly sure we won the league.
Just outta curiousity do u not think that this will affect Italy refreeing decisions wise in the wc and also in up coming Cl games? I am sure you do not care just only about Moggi and Juventus but I hate to see inoocent ppl suffer cos of the acts of others
First of all, i said that abt moggi for the sole purpose to support a former juventini who even in his own head tried to help the team , a team that didnt need any help. He only did that out of his love of the team.

How come u only spoke abt moggi and his dubious ways now ? He had a black past before he came to juve, he was in jail ffs and he was did controversial things with torino before he came to juve. But noboy spoke of it.
Honestly i didnt know abt his past before this scandal.

He will only bring shame to this club , if he was indicted.Until now nothing has been proven.

abt the refferees, i see ur point and this scandal will effect them.And they r innocent ppl, but wat they do. It already effected the WC refferee but he was involved so he doesnt earn ****

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
sateeh said:

He will only bring shame to this club , if he was indicted.Until now nothing has been proven.

QUOTE]Again they do not need proof to relegate us, they just need to be convinced of any wrongdoings on our part. I did not know Moggi was in jail. What was he in jail for? Its a wonder we have not called upon Al Capone to be our director as well, okay so the small matter of his being dead for years will not help . But seriously this is a big crisis and i shudder to think where it will end. Everyday i read something more frightening than the last

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
denco said:
sateeh said:

QUOTE]Again they do not need proof to relegate us, they just need to be convinced of any wrongdoings on our part. I did not know Moggi was in jail. What was he in jail for? Its a wonder we have not called upon Al Capone to be our director as well, okay so the small matter of his being dead for years will not help . But seriously this is a big crisis and i shudder to think where it will end. Everyday i read something more frightening than the last
i read that he was in jail from a biogrphy put up in here, i dont know who put it up though.

i just wonder wat will happen after he leaves , interesting but scary..

but looks like cap is staying, as moratti just stated that mancini is staying as the inter coach next year. But i think cap's destination is madrid anyway

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
hey say what you want about capello, I'll bet 95% of this website hates him. But the fact of the matter is he can win. Since joining juventus in sept. 2004, they have been at the top of the league for 76 matches, thats a new serie A record. The previous mark was 72 matches at the top of the table, it was held by milan and guess who coached them?

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Morra10 said:
hey say what you want about capello, I'll bet 95% of this website hates him. But the fact of the matter is he can win. Since joining juventus in sept. 2004, they have been at the top of the league for 76 matches, thats a new serie A record. The previous mark was 72 matches at the top of the table, it was held by milan and guess who coached them?
Too bad that particular record is tainted and we are not sure by what means they were achieved, whether fair or foul

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Capello set for Juve talks
Thursday 18 May, 2006
Juventus boss Fabio Capello will discuss his future in a meeting with the club on Friday, according to reports in Italy.

Although Capello committed himself to the Bianconeri cause after the side won their 29th Scudetto at the weekend, that could all change depending on the outcome of the alleged match-fixing investigations.

Juventus are one of numerous clubs who are at the centre of a number of probes which could see them sensationally demoted to Serie B.

As a consequence, Juventus are keen to assess Capello’s intentions should that occur this summer.

Carlo Sant'Albano, who has been placed in temporary charge of Juventus following the entire boards resignation last week, will supposedly meet with Capello tomorrow.

Should Capello not be willing to see out his contract which expires in 2007 in the Second Division, the club will have to look elsewhere.

Although Fiorentina’s Cesare Prandelli, Gianluca Vialli, Didier Deschamps and Roberto Donadoni have all been linked with the job, a new contender has emerged today.

Sampdoria boss Walter Novellino is apparently in the frame, especially if Juventus are not in Serie A next term.

Novellino is a Serie B promotion expert after previously guiding Venezia, Napoli, Piacenza and Sampdoria into the top flight.

Although Novellino is still tied to Doria, he could be looking for a new challenge after a disastrous end to the last campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)