The one and only Capello thread (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
denco said:
Woman? Are you being chilvarous? Why would they ban you for speaking the truth and what exactly? No , you should pay more attention to your own posts, first you said i think football is about playing on CM and then you said i think football is science so again i ask which is it? I never said i could manage Juve better than Capello, i have said i know a lot of managers that will do better than he has done, big difference.
Now all garbage aside since you are pro Capello, tell me how he has done such a wonderful job without the usual spiel of he has won 1 scudetto and he is on his way to winning another as that won't wash
Show us peons ,who doubt the great one, how you know ur stuff, defend Capello amd be as sure as hell to impress the hell out of me since thats what you are here for
Read my post on 'human relations', my apologies if you don't find the term sufficient, but I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

How can I prove what Capello says and how he conducts himself on the training ground and face to face with the players?

It's impossible

You'll just have to take my word for it that these things are important when you want to bring the best out of your squad.

I've witnessed a few top club training sessions in my life (and if you doubt this, I have photos to prove it) and what goes on during training in terms of morale and 'respect' for the people in your working environment is what actually makes a player perform or not perform to the best of his abilities.

The combination of a good tactic (the science part, which is the only part of the game CM/FM covers adequately) and great team morale (which I believe Capello is good at, because we've won a terrifying amount of games under his leadership)
is striking and it's what you need to win championships.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it

Buy on AliExpress.com

white_rabbit

Apr 9, 2006
Jem83 said:
"if Chelsea had beaten Everton and Charlton..."

"if we had done this and that.."

"if Capello wouldn't have played 4-4-2"

"we're 1st in the league but I'm still not satisfied"

you think football is so easy don't you?

do me a favor, stop playing Football Manager, it makes you think you know stuff

:rofl: :rofl:

i wodnt agree more

i think people are complaining because Cappello is very good, you wouldnt see anybody complain before the seiraA second leg when we started loosing points.

the team made us believe that they are the legendary Ajax95 but then when we started dropping points people didnt know who to blame but Cap.

dont get me wrong he did alot of mistaks lately but arent we all do.

People... Imagine if an Inter fan read our posts. his imediate rection will be ( what are they complaining about ... they got the scudettu )

after the first half the team reached a rediculasly high status it can only go down

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Jem83 said:
Read my post on 'human relations', my apologies if you don't find the term sufficient, but I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

How can I prove what Capello says and how he conducts himself on the training ground and face to face with the players?

It's impossible

You'll just have to take my word for it that these things are important when you want to bring the best out of your squad.

I've witnessed a few top club training sessions in my life (and if you doubt this, I have photos to prove it) and what goes on during training in terms of morale and 'respect' for the people in your working environment is what actually makes a player perform or not perform to the best of his abilities.

The combination of a good tactic (the science part, which is the only part of the game CM/FM covers adequately) and great team morale (which I believe Capello is good at, because we've won a terrifying amount of games under his leadership)
is striking and it's what you need to win championships.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it
i am not sure i understand what you are saying at all. Are you saying that all the players respect Capello because of the way he conducts himself in training? Are you saying we have a great team morale because of Capello? Excuse me but let me interlope some of your ideas here. Juventus is a club like manchester united and other big clubs attracts a certain set of personality. Most of the players are brought up on respepcting the manager, no matter who is in charge i, its got very little to do with Capello. as for the morale you are talking about, i dont know how long you have been supporting juve but i have never seen acts of indiscipline like i have seen this season from Buffon's suspicious injuries before matches, to Camoranesi and nedved's frustrations to Zlatan's childish actions not to talk about the Dp- Zambrotta - Thuram debacle. When was the last time you read 2 Juve players coming to blows like Zlatan and Vieira did?
Now these players have put all that aside all that cos of respect to the club, not the manager, if this was a smaller club with Capello at the helm, thered had been chaos. No need for me to refer to pipe and all that, too easy

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
denco said:
i am not sure i understand what you are saying at all. Are you saying that all the players respect Capello because of the way he conducts himself in training? Are you saying we have a great team morale because of Capello? Excuse me but let me interlope some of your ideas here. Juventus is a club like manchester united and other big clubs attracts a certain set of personality. Most of the players are brought up on respepcting the manager, no matter who is in charge i, its got very little to do with Capello. as for the morale you are talking about, i dont know how long you have been supporting juve but i have never seen acts of indiscipline like i have seen this season from Buffon's suspicious injuries before matches, to Camoranesi and nedved's frustrations to Zlatan's childish actions not to talk about the Dp- Zambrotta - Thuram debacle. When was the last time you read 2 Juve players coming to blows like Zlatan and Vieira did?
Now these players have put all that aside all that cos of respect to the club, not the manager, if this was a smaller club with Capello at the helm, thered had been chaos. No need for me to refer to pipe and all that, too easy
Those incidents were signs over overexcitement

These players give a damn and they're trying their best

The problem is: They're not the best in Europe

Why would you then expect them to conquer Europe?

Sure, Capello said at the beginning of the season that they would try and win it, but that's because he knows how important belief and confidence is

And I think Capello's main strength is breathing confidence

Having won all these games and having managed to stay on top of the Italian league for so long is all the proof I really need.

WAKE UP - WE NEED TO IMPROVE OUR SQUAD - NOT OUR MANAGEMENT

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
denco said:
Jesus Christ, i was making a point of how brilliant Milan were that season and not knit picking for crying out loud but you are knit picking , trying to make out that man united were close to Chelsea this season which they were not. If Milan were as good and as consistent as they were that season, this season, they would have won the league this season. You are talking about 0-0 against Sunderland like really it would have made a difference to Chelsea winning the league. man united got trounced 3-0 did they not or was i looking at another game? Milan lost only 1 game against Udinese at home and from there went on an absolutely crazy winning streak, i am not talking drawing here and there. In 3 competitions they lost only against Depor but Man united were knocked out by Liverpool, were last in their group in cl and you make out that we are talking about the same things
and i was making a point that chelsea weren't as dominant as the table shows....as juve had close game and the players bailed cap out, chelsea had the samething. And i think they were trounced only becuz they thought that game is just irrelevant.
Anyway imo chelsea didnt have half the problems Man U had this season and still man u gave the scare towards the end.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Jem83 said:
Those incidents were signs over overexcitement

These players give a damn and they're trying their best

The problem is: They're not the best in Europe

Why would you then expect them to conquer Europe?

Sure, Capello said at the beginning of the season that they would try and win it, but that's because he knows how important belief and confidence is

And I think Capello's main strength is breathing confidence

Having won all these games and having managed to stay on top of the Italian league for so long is all the proof I really need.

WAKE UP - WE NEED TO IMPROVE OUR SQUAD - NOT OUR MANAGEMENT
You wanna know why barcelona and arsenal are in final and we are not? You wanna know why Villareal got to semis and we did not? are you saying Villareal and Arsenal have better squads? apart from them having competent managers , they have managers that play players in positons theyare comfortable in, its that simple. lats week against Palermo we had a right footer playing at left back, a left footer at right back and that is just a cameo of our problems in Europe

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
denco said:
You wanna know why barcelona and arsenal are in final and we are not? You wanna know why Villareal got to semis and we did not? are you saying Villareal and Arsenal have better squads? apart from them having competent managers , they have managers that play players in positons theyare comfortable in, its that simple. lats week against Palermo we had a right footer playing at left back, a left footer at right back and that is just a cameo of our problems in Europe
Barcelona have a better squad

Arsenal have a younger squad with more potential and their players can beat anybody on the night, which is what they've been doing in the Champions League

We need to acquire some youth and build for the future

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
sateeh said:
and i was making a point that chelsea weren't as dominant as the table shows....as juve had close game and the players bailed cap out, chelsea had the samething. And i think they were trounced only becuz they thought that game is just irrelevant.
Anyway imo chelsea didnt have half the problems Man U had this season and still man u gave the scare towards the end.
Are u sure you are not a man u fan? what problems did man united have this season that was not of their own making? There were no problems caused by freak of nature that i can think of

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Fliakis said:
its because you're not making much sense
To some people, Immanuel Kant didn't make much sense either

It's because they weren't capable of grasping what he was trying to say

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Jem83 said:

Arsenal have a younger squad with more potential and their players can beat anybody on the night, which is what they've been doing in the Champions League

And whats your excuse for Villareal then? So any young squad with potential in your view will get to Cl final? Its got nothing to do with managers and all of that . And since when has Capello fielded a team of youngsters? You know funny enough the one striker he has got that is younger than the others and has potential is the one that has let down Capello the most and whom capello cannot seemingly bring out the best in, so pray tell, how is he gonna do that with a team of potential?

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
denco said:
Are u sure you are not a man u fan? what problems did man united have this season that was not of their own making? There were no problems caused by freak of nature that i can think of
am not a big Man U fan but they r going on me, i like a team with pride and heritage. Anyway abt their problems, they had numerous injuries to some key players.They lost heinze from the begining,then there was scholes gary neville and the list just went on.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
denco said:
And whats your excuse for Villareal then? So any young squad with potential in your view will get to Cl final? Its got nothing to do with managers and all of that . And since when has Capello fielded a team of youngsters? You know funny enough the one striker he has got that is younger than the others and has potential is the one that has let down Capello the most and whom capello cannot seemingly bring out the best in, so pray tell, how is he gonna do that with a team of potential?
First of all, you need a mixture of youth/potential and experience

I said we're not the best in Europe, but we're far from the worst, we just need to do some slight modifications here and there

My excuse for Villareal?

They faced Inter for christ's sake :D

They were bound to reach those semi finals..

Still, they're a good side, even though they don't have many "high profile players"

The few they do have, combined with the share determination and grit Pellegrino has managed to breathe in the side, proved lethal this year

They have a great central defensive pairing as well, underrated, and they made it very difficult for Arsenal, who despite all this, still managed to get through

PLEASE read my posts denco

it has A LOT to do with the management

I'm just saying that our management is GOOD

because I believe that Capello knows how to build confidence

Sep 28, 2002
Jem83 said:
barcelona have ronaldinho, we can compete in all otehr positions, in fact we're even better.

gigi - valzez - easy juve
zebina, thuram, cannavaro, zambrotta - oluguer, puyol, edmilson, gio - juve again
marquez, deco, motta - nedved, vieira, emerson, camoranesi, my personal juve, on paper juventus looks better
ronny, eto'o, messi/giuly - trez, del piero/zlatan. the only department where barca have the advantage, only because ronaldinho is a semi-god, and we have dolt zlatan upfield fucking up everything that comes his way.

eboue, toure, senderos, flamini. period.

but thats moggi's job, isnt it? he is the one purchasing the youth, and capello should be developing it. so far i only saw kapo loaned out, olivera destroyed, balza/chiellini benched whenever zebina is able to walk. but again, our management is doing a splendid job.

i know, i should play less cm. though maybe not, on fm i have myself and not capello at the whelm of juve, and im fucking winning the champions league! :jester:

Sep 28, 2002
Jem83 said:
First of all, you need a mixture of youth/potential and experience

I said we're not the best in Europe, but we're far from the worst, we just need to do some slight modifications here and there

My excuse for Villareal?

They faced Inter for christ's sake :D

They were bound to reach those semi finals..

Still, they're a good side, even though they don't have many "high profile players"

The few they do have, combined with the share determination and grit Pellegrino has managed to breathe in the side, proved lethal this year

They have a great central defensive pairing as well, underrated, and they made it very difficult for Arsenal, who despite all this, still managed to get through

PLEASE read my posts denco

it has A LOT to do with the management

I'm just saying that our management is GOOD

because I believe that Capello knows how to build confidence

no, sorry, not even kant would help here...

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Fliakis said:
i know, i should play less cm. though maybe not, on fm i have myself and not capello at the whelm of juve, and im fucking winning the champions league! :jester:
so is my 14 year old sister

and by the way: football is not played on paper

We have a lot of players who're still good but very much past their best, Nedved and Thuram for instance

Barcelona would beat us because they have that mixture of youth and experience set up so fucking splendidly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)