The Old guard (1 Viewer)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
By the time the football and Juve legends, DP, Buffon, Camo, Treze and Neddy have decided to stay with us in our worst moment of our entire history.
Help us return in serie A and bring us back to CL at no time, winning once again their weight in gold, we OUGHT to pay tribute to them.

If there is one thing we need to keep sacred is that!
Those gents have earned that, the hardest way possible!
IF, they become dead wood and draw us back, both performance and financially wise, we could only then considering reducing their salary.

Not when they are active top goalscorers, assistmen, NT starters, aspirational leaders and the reason of our pride and point of attraction for fans, sponsors and other players (Even Diego claimed that he joins Juve to join legends like DP)

Our fans and other players expects us to honor those players who gave us sooooo much, even if its not momentarily cost effective.

In the long run the situation was avoidable and it is our fault alone we have reached here. It is our fault alone we did not pre-calculated that they will grow old and naturally become subs/supporting units and we should bring starters, rather than a swarm of useless subs, as we have been doing for 4-5 years and we know fail to get rid of!

This is why i said it is a strategical mistake to invest on more subs when we did
and this is the price we are going to pay now because of this!
Our choices would certainly led us here.
It was not a pessimistic assumption, doom speak, conspiracy theory or necessary evil.
It was completely avoidable, but once again we are called to sacrifice our prestige, our legends, our history and because of that, our future, for the strategical mistakes we have conceded back then... we (esp Secco and the ones who control him) brought this to our selves!

Having said all that, im really uncertain about Camo myself, i admire him as a player and he still is a great tool, but he lost his appetite for football and it is now obvious that there is nothing we can do about it,
his latest injuries and attitude issues, files his as a very unreliable solution for our midfield and adding his age to the mix complicates things far too much...

DP is one step closer to retirement, but he can do better than that, if he keeps himself injury free and i believe that he has already accepted a lesser salary.

Treze is still twice the finisher, Amauri will ever be and a great squad option, if he stays, i believe that he will accept a contract with the standards of his current age and form/status.
Dam, it has been 2 years, but I was so spot on, it feels like it was yesterday...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)