The Official MMA Thread (4 Viewers)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
WΏΏdy;3486788 said:
I did not see davis-lil nog fight...how did that go?

Little nog is way better than rashad standing up and it if davis spent even 40% of that fight standing with lil nog and managed to win then rashad has no chance.
Davis isn't too good with stand up. He wrestled little nog.

Buy on AliExpress.com

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
So the question is can he out wrestle rashad and can he take a shot?

If the fight stays standing i have no doubt rashad will land one of those bombs that will test his chin. Davis on the other hand does not seem like the one to worry rashad standing up.

It would be fun if rashad gets rocked though :D he's like a drunk shaolin monk once his jaw is rattled.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
WΏΏdy;3486831 said:
So the question is can he out wrestle rashad and can he take a shot?

If the fight stays standing i have no doubt rashad will land one of those bombs that will test his chin. Davis on the other hand does not seem like the one to worry rashad standing up.

It would be fun if rashad gets rocked though :D he's like a drunk shaolin monk once his jaw is rattled.
Davis has never really been tested standing up. Rashad is weak standing up. Both are great wrestlers. My guess is that we see a really ugly stand up fight.

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
Or a really boring clinch and push to the fence lean on the guy and try dirty boxing match.

Rashad's stand up is getting better,one stiff punch that makes davis uncomfortable and if he back up with his face covered rashad will be all over him.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Bisbing did a lot better than I thought. Sonnen dominated the 3rd round and the judges forgot the other two were so close.

Psyched for the rematch. Silva v Sonnen 2.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Rashad dominated the fight with some decent stand up and key take downs. Davis has some skill and a chin, but needs to get better all around.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Found all of the fights boring and i dont like the way Fox covers the event. Rashad will have to be a lot better than that to beat Jones.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Indeed. I think he'll have a more focused game plan though. It seemed like he wasn't sure how Davis would handle certain situations.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Fox is ruining the broadcast really. As for the fights, all were damn boring.

Davis is such a disappointment. Cheal deserved to win, but the score should've been 29-28 by all judges. Maia should quit MMA and just stick to Jiu Jitsu tournaments.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
I don't think Diaz lost that fight. Again, the scoring system is fucked up.

With that performance, GSP would make both Diaz and Condit his bitches.

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
Nov 26, 2008

It was a well tactically plan bout by Greg Jackson. Diaz was expecting Condit to fight the kind of fight he is known for. But Jackson is a very smart man, realizing that his fighter had no chance exchanging toe to toe blows with Diaz, he developed a plan that was well executed by Condit.

In my opinion it was a pussy as plan, because he was literally running away the whole match. But a fighter and his team need to develop a plan in order to get their hand raise at the end, and that's what Condit accomplished. But I tell you this, if this was Pride, Condit wouldn't of won.

And K.O I beg to differ that GSP would make Diaz his bitch. The only way he would get a victory over Diaz is if he pulls a "run away tactic" like Condit.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Agreed, it was such a pussy plan and the scoring system shouldn't be encouraging fighters to follow these plans. I really had so much respect for Condit before this fight.

As for GSP pulling pussy tactics, I don't think he needs one. Even though GSP's last fights were a bit boring, he was always the one attacking, his opponents are the ones running away. If he was to fight Diaz, believe me, he'll handle Diaz easily taking him down with some ground and pound every round. BJJ? Diaz is a level above but GSP is still a black belt with a lot of experience, I can't see Diaz submitting GSP.

The question remains, will GSP return as strong as he was before the injury? He'll only need to be 60% ready to defeat Condit IMO.

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005

I agree that the scoring system is fucked up but jeez,that does not apply to the diaz-condit fight in any way. Condit beat diaz fair and square. There was no doubt for a UD for condit after the fight...i was not even worried that it would end up a split decision or a draw. Condit won each and every round (the second being close and the last being confusing since diaz managed to drag him to the ground in the final minute and just 'tried' submissions ]

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
I scored it 48-47 with Diaz winning 1st, 2nd and 5th rounds. I'm not saying Diaz was a clear winner without any doubt but two judges scoring the fight 49-46 Condit! Really?

This is the problem, you have judges scoring it differently each depending on what he thinks is more effective. This is not one dimensional boxing, some judges are standup admirers others like BJJ and wrestling etc.. There have to be a clear system on which judges cannot pull these controversial decisions more often, and I'm not talking about the Condit-Diaz fight only.

Anyways, UFC 143 was slightly better than the Fox one but still disappointing. UFC 144 in Japan should be spectacular.

I predict:

Henderson beating Edgar by UD. (Won't be surprised with Edgar proving me wrong once again)
Rampage beating Bader by KO.
Shields beating Akiyama by UD.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
UFC in Japan the other night was a good show. Frankie should move down a weight now him an Jose Aldo fighting would be great. Jackson was again frustrating to watch he is just lacking in so many departments that he can no longer compete with the top modern MMA athletes would love to see him knocking people out again but that is only going to happen if he drops way down the pecking order and starts fighting weaker opponent and I don't think that appeals to him so don't know where he will go from this.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I didn't know that hopefully he can still make a run at it then he is a very exciting fighter when in form and a great character to have in the sport.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)