The Official MMA Thread (10 Viewers)

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
It's all over. Jones chokes machida to sleep.

The only positive i can take from this event is that Frank mir now probably gets a shot against Junior,and mir will get SMASHED...

Junior is the one who will finally settle the heavyweight division and frank seems to be one of the two last match up for junior (the other being Cigano's soon to be TKO victory over overeem)

Buy on AliExpress.com

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Lil Nog vs. Ortiz: Destruction by lil Nog. If it wasn't for his history, Tito would've been released long time ago.

Mir vs. Big Nog: Big Nog was seconds away of recording a TKO victory if he kept dropping bombs on Mir instead of trying to submit him when he went down. Great submission (or TKO? whatever) and comeback by Frank. I've always liked the man's style, my second favorite heavyweight after JDS.

Jones vs. Machida: Machida won the first round with good striking, but ultimately, you cannot keep up with 'Bones'. He got dropped by a strong lefty from Jones then submitted in a davastating choke. There's no stopping Jones. At the moment, no LHW can compete with bones, his game is complete! LHW division is gone.

OP
.zero

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #823
    This was the toughest main event for me to watch because my 2 fav fighters of all time went at it. Sadly we all knew that Bones was going to destroy Lyoto. It was sad to see his body just fall limp as he was out cold from the guillotine

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
    Really looking forward for Nate Diaz vs. Cowboy Cerrone on UFC 141 much more than Lesnar vs. Overeem.

My early predictions for the main card:

Overeem TKO Lesnar.
    Cerrone UD Diaz.
    Fitch UD Hendricks.

OP
    .zero

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #827
    The next big fight will be Rashad v Phil

Evans career will be in free fall after this

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
    Agreed.

Phil to win in an impressive fashion and get an immediate title shot ahead of Hendo and the rest.

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
    I think everyone knew that Brock was gonna get demolished
    Well i stopped watching it for some time so i had no idea in what shape Overeem was, So what's the deal with UCF 141? Is it a rank higher then normal UFC? Sorry for the questions but it's all kinda new to me :)

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
    The next big fight will be Rashad v Phil

Evans career will be in free fall after this
    Agreed.

Phil to win in an impressive fashion and get an immediate title shot ahead of Hendo and the rest.
    Come on guys :D rashad is on a whole other level that Phil...watch him finish davis.

Well i stopped watching it for some time so i had no idea in what shape Overeem was, So what's the deal with UCF 141? Is it a rank higher then normal UFC? Sorry for the questions but it's all kinda new to me :)
    Its just a even number...all the big events come in order so basically there have been 141 big UFC even...next UFC event with big stars will be 142...

the other UFC events with smaller stars are "UFC fight nights" or "UFC on verses" and a few others.

OP
    .zero

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #833
    Does anyone know when GSP and Anderson will be taking their next fights?

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
    Gsp is on a long lay off...after diaz and condit fight for the interm title the winner is likely to face hendricks and then the winner with face GSP.

Sonner faces munoz and if sonnen wins he get the shot,if munoz wins he faces bisping and that winner gets the next shot.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
    WΏΏdy;3440729 said:
    Gsp is on a long lay off...after diaz and condit fight for the interm title the winner is likely to face hendricks and then the winner with face GSP.

Sonner faces munoz and if sonnen wins he get the shot,if munoz wins he faces bisping and that winner gets the next shot.
    Is this official? I don't think so. In anyway, Dana White is so unpredictable.

I think the winner of Diaz vs. Condit and Sonnen vs. Munoz will get an immediate title shot. Especially, Diaz and Condit they were promised To face GSP for too many times by now.

Hendricks do not deserve a title shot, there are a lot of top contenders more worthy at least for now.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
    Brazilians on UFC 142 were nuts! Great wins for Aldo, Vitor, Palhares and Barboza. Barboza's spinning backheel KO was INSANE.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)