The Official MMA Thread (4 Viewers)

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
UFC 114: Rampage v Rashad

The long awaited bout is finally here and your boy will be in attendance this weekend in Vegas.

We have some pricey seats so I should be close to the action and I will give a nice post-fight report when I get back.

My money (literally) is on Rampage and I hope he tears down Rashad
Lucky man, Enjoy.

UFC 114
Main card:

1. Light Heavyweight bout: Quinton Jackson vs. Rashad Evans
2. Middleweight bout: Michael Bisping vs. Dan Miller
3. Heavyweight bout: Todd Duffee vs. Mike Russow
4. Light Heavyweight bout: Antônio Rogério Nogueira vs. Jason Brilz
5. Welterweight bout: Diego Sanchez vs. John Hathaway

My predictions:
1. Rampage.
2. Bisping
3. Duffee
4. Nogueira
5. Sanchez

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
.zero

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #264
    I am too lazy to post my entire UFC 114 experience at the moment but will do so later. I got pics of Ken Flo and Couture and a vid of a few of the entrances. I also got a pic with Thiago Alves!

Unfortunately I lost my money on Rampage and Lauzon

OP
    .zero

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #265
    Nice little filler card on Saturday night put on by the UFC. Dana White finally got what he wanted -- Liddell to never fight again in the UFC

Fight of the night was Cro Cop-Barry. It was great to see them enjoy the fight and smile during the rounds. They truly did admire and respect each other. Barry knocked Mirko down twice in the 1st round and he didn't pounce on him possibly end the fight. But I was happy to see Mirko win with that rear naked choke. He really turned it on in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Forza Cro Cop, forza Zagreb!

Now to the main event - this fight was just weird. Liddell was supposed to be in the best shape of his life apparently :rolleyes:

Too bad that his glass jaw was still in effect. Liddell is a stalker not an aggressor. He baits in his opponent but on Saturday he was really on the prowl. Primarily because he was facing a southpaw and his overhand right would be prime to employ.

Was I surprised that Chuck was knocked out...? no
    Was I surprised that Rich fought on with a broken left arm? yes

Rich caught him with a nice short jab since Chuck decided to go ballz out at the end of the first. Probably because he knew that Franklin was hurt. But he ate it and ate it good.

Props to Rich but he needs to drop back down to middleweight. He can't hang with the talent in the light-heavyweight class.

Farewell to a legend and the greatest light-heavyweight the UFC has ever employed :pint:

I forgot to mention July 3rd!!! Its going down sonnnnn

http://116.ufc.com/

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    first, Italy gets knocked out in the first round, and now Fedor gets submitted in the first against Werdum

this has been one shitty week :sergio:

OP
    .zero

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #267
    The unthinkable has happened and I actually missed the fight. But the moment I found out on saturday night my jaw dropped.

First Penn, then Machida and now Fedor

Hopefully Carwin will make everything right by beating Lesnar on saturday

OP
    .zero

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #269
    I hope it doesn't but I don't see it going more than 2 for sure. These are 2 guys who are the only 2 people in the world that can fight each other.

Maybe Overeem v the winner :D

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
    Really charged up for Lesnar vs. Carwin! It'll be epic.

I hope 'The Engineer' Carwin will not do the usual and will let the fight go on for at least another round before he knocks Lesnar's ass out.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
    :agree:

Amazing fights!

Now, I'm happy that Wanderlei got injured, Chris Leben submitting a master in Judo (One of the best in the world) was truly heroic :shocked:

Now, Carwin v. Lesnar

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)