The Official MMA Thread (6 Viewers)

OP
.zero

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #241
    Totally agree. UFC 112 was full of shit. First, BJ Penn loses by a stupid decision then a respected fighter turned into a clown inside the octagon, Anderson Silva is not worthy of fighting GSP anymore.

For the BJ fight, this Edgar guy is not tough enough to be the lightweight champion of the world! The fact that 7 of his last 9 wins were by decisions qualifies him as one of the most boring 'champions'. I'm 100% assured BJ will destroy him in the rematch.

Even though BJ Penn wasn't at his best, however, I think UFC judges should consider the 'draw' outcome more often especially in championship fights.

As for the next Machida-Shogun fight, as a huge fan of the jap-brazilian, I predict/want Machida to end the fight with an early KO.
    I agree with you 100000% on every point :tup:

Machida - Shogun 2 is going to be epic :weee:

Buy on AliExpress.com

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
    It was an epic but ended too soon, though :D Everything has an end and Machida's 100% run ended by a powerful Shogun.

TKO very well done Shogun. Totally deserved.

OP
    .zero

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #243
    I'm heartbroken beyond words

My favorite fighter in MMA was just destroyed

I'll give my full analysis on the card later

OP
    .zero

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #245
    What you guys think about Dana firing Paul Dayley, was it a bit harsh? im undecided.
    Daley deserved what he got.

He proved that UK fighters are no match for USA fighters and that he is a classless individual.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
    What you guys think about Dana firing Paul Dayley, was it a bit harsh? im undecided.
    He punched Koscheck after the fight! That was very weak. I think firing him was the right choice.

Even though I was cheering for him since he's a Nottingham fighter, but he totally deserves to get fired in all honesty.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
    I'm heartbroken beyond words

My favorite fighter in MMA was just destroyed

I'll give my full analysis on the card later
    Me too, Machida is my favorite fighter :depressed

His wonderful undefeated run had to end at one point. But I think he'll get his belt back very soon.

OP
    .zero

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #249
    Me too, Machida is my favorite fighter :depressed

His wonderful undefeated run had to end at one point. But I think he'll get his belt back very soon.
    I don't see him getting another title shot unless the light-heavyweight division is just turned inside out. It's the most stacked weight class in the UFC and anyone can win the belt now.

I think the winner of Rampage-Rashad (which I will be in attendance for :weee:) will challenge Shogun for his newly acquired belt in September-October. But amongst the rest of the division I think Jon Jones, Wanderlei, and even Anderson Silva (if he chooses to move up now since his teammate is no longer the champ) could get a chance.

I love the light-heavyweight class and its going to be an interesting year

OP
    .zero

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #256
    Yeah and as much as I love Machida, I have the up most respect for Shogun. I've been a fan of his since he and Ninja ruled the ring in Pride. Shogun and Ninja's signature soccer kicks and face stomps were undeniably the best thing to watch for in MMA back then :tup:

And I'm glad that it was someone like Shogun who finally defeated Machida and not some tool

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
    True. Another thing, Shogun stopped punching Machida when he saw the guy is not defending even before the ref's decision to stop it, that was classy. Respectful fighter.

OP
    .zero

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #258
    Very true, my friends (who are majority Machida haters) were joking about how Shogun ended the fight before the ref called it but we later agreed that Shogun did the right thing and was extremely respectful of his opponent.

Class act

OP
    .zero

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #259
    UFC 114: Rampage v Rashad

The long awaited bout is finally here and your boy will be in attendance this weekend in Vegas.

We have some pricey seats so I should be close to the action and I will give a nice post-fight report when I get back.

My money (literally) is on Rampage and I hope he tears down Rashad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)