The Official MMA Thread (5 Viewers)

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
James Toney proved that boxers should stick to boxing

I am a former boxer, and, even though I've learned some BJJ, I could never imagine being in there against a BJJ Black Belt...that fight goes to the ground, and I'm in trouble.....kinda like James was :agree:

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
.zero

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #302
    Oh yea

and Dana White made it clear that the UFC will not display any boxers in future events

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    That was a set up by Dana.

Throwing an old, slow, and overweight James Toney in the cage with Capt. America?

He never had a chance. :lol:

OP
    .zero

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #306
    Arlovski would make a good matchup. The best striker in UFC history who just happens to be a heavy weight.

I miss that guy

OP
    .zero

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #308
    Machida vs. 'Rampage' officially set for UFC in Detroit

September 14, 2010

The Ultimate Fighting Championship has formally scheduled its return to Detroit in November with quartet of former champions.

UFC 123 will take place Nov. 20 at the Palace in Auburn Hills, with a main event of Quinton "Rampage" Jackson vs. Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida and a co-main event of Matt Hughes vs. BJ "The Prodigy" Penn, the promotion announced Tuesday. Detroit hasn't hosted a UFC show since May 1996, when Dan Severn defeated Ken Shamrock in UFC 9's main event.

All four men leading the card were UFC titleholders at various times and still remain in the top-10 of their main weight classes. Three of them are coming off losses, including two in a row for Penn, who will face Hughes at welterweight.

Hughes has a three-fight winning streak, but Penn has been a difficult match-up for him in the past. He submitted Hughes in January 2004 to win UFC's 170-pound title and was dominating their September 2006 rematch before injuring his ribs during the bout and eventually succumbing to Hughes' ground-and-pound attack. That second clash led to Georges St. Pierre's infamous "I'm not impressed by your performance" dig at Hughes immediately following the fight.

(Posted by Sergio Non)

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...s-rampage-officially-set-for-ufc-in-detroit/1
    Awwww skeet skeet

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    Last night was a weak card, the best fight of the night was Evan Dunham's domination of Shawn Sherk. Which ended up in a split decision going to Sherk, which makes no sense because Dunham guillotined him no less than 3 times, reversed or escaped every time Sherk took him down, and dominated in the stand up wobbling Sherk twice in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Mir-Cro Cop was terrible. Bader-Lil' Nog was equally boring, though Bader's win gives Jon Jones a legitimate competition.

We have The Bisping show next month followed by Machida-Ramapage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)