The Official MMA Thread (10 Viewers)

OP
.zero

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #161
    also don't forget to watch the next great young fighter in MMA go at it tonight

Mousasi will destroy Sokoudjou in Strikeforce tonight just to make up on the cancelled matchup in DREAM12.

if anyone saw him fight in DREAM10 and his destruction of Babalu then you know what i'm talking about

Buy on AliExpress.com
    OP
    .zero

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #164
    mousasi beat the fuck out of sokoudjou and ...

FEDOR shows the world again that he is the greatest that ever has been and ever will be.

what a calm and collected fighter

OP
    .zero

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #169
    rumors floating around that arlovski will be fighting in december or NYE

i hope he doesn't get knocked out again

OP
    .zero

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #170
    i didn't even bother watching couture-vera this weekend or any of the other fights on the card. UFC fillers just annoy me, and expecially when they knew that they had no chance against the pacman-cotto event.

dana white needs to stop being such an arrogant fuck, yes the UFC is great but did you even break even on the waste of time called UFC 105?

the only ray of light was news that Etim won his fight, he's aspiring to be a great fighter

OP
    .zero

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #173
    http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=eventDetail.Home&eid=2469

This is actually gonna be one kick-ass fight card. Probably the best one in the last 2-3 months. I really like the main card with some great match-ups like Guida and Florian and Mir and Kongo. I am still undecided about the main event. I've admittedly warmed up to BJ and think he's one of the world's best fighters despite how much of a douche he is. But Diego cannot be overlooked. This guy is a sick all-american wrestler and his stand up game is better than BJ's IMO. Just ask Clay Guida :D

I expect Mir to take Kongo to the ground as everyone should and just own him while Florian will start his redemption by defeating Guida by card.

Main Card

* Lightweight Championship bout: B.J. Penn (c) vs. Diego Sanchez
    * Heavyweight bout: Frank Mir vs. Cheick Kongo
    * Welterweight bout: Jon Fitch vs. Mike Pierce
    * Lightweight bout: Kenny Florian vs. Clay Guida
    * Heavyweight bout: Paul Buentello vs.Stefan Struve

Prelim Card

* Middleweight bout: Alan Belcher vs. Wilson Gouveia
    * Lightweight bout: Matt Wiman vs. Shane Nelson
    * Welterweight bout: Johny Hendricks vs. Ricardo Funch
    * Middleweight bout: Rousimar Palhares vs. Lucio Linhares
    * Welterweight bout: DaMarques Johnson vs. Edgar Garcia
    * Welterweight bout: Kevin Burns vs. TJ Grant

OP
    .zero

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #174
    what a great UFC fight card. every fight was great and entertaining.

i was right about Kenflo beating Guida but i didn't think it would be so dominating and ending with a TKO. Guida would be a dominant fighter if he had a longer reach.

As expected Mir wasted no time in knocking Kongo to the ground with a nice strike and then going for the sub. it ended as quickly as i poured another beer.

The main event was a complete devastation on BJ's part. he OWNED Sanchez from the start and he really could have put him out of his misery at his discretion yet BJ just fucked with him for 4 rounds and then that kick to Diego's head opened up that gash which was at least a 1/2 inch deep and about 3 inches wide. absolutely disgusting wound. I think BJ just wanted to show the world that Ken Flo and Sanchez both weren't a challenge. simply brilliant.

also if anyone noticed that BJ never sat down between rounds, he remained standing because he was not hurt nor tired!!

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    I didn't watch BJ's fight. But Mir was very, very impressive. He moved around very well and counted on his striking to win the fight. I know he got a submit, but that show he gave Kongo was puuuurrrty.

Only question for Frank now is... who's next? Carwin or Velasquez?

OP
    .zero

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #176
    i would love to see him fight Carwin since he is 13-0. it would be a good fight for Mir to earn a quality win and give him time to get stronger.

i like Velazquez but he is not as big as he needs to be to compete in this division. the guy is an awesome talented wrestler/fighter but i would like to see him bulk up and then fight people like Big Country, Rothwell, Mir, Carwin, Nogueira, etc..

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    i would love to see him fight Carwin since he is 13-0. it would be a good fight for Mir to earn a quality win and give him time to get stronger.

i like Velazquez but he is not as big as he needs to be to compete in this division. the guy is an awesome talented wrestler/fighter but i would like to see him bulk up and then fight people like Big Country, Rothwell, Mir, Carwin, Nogueira, etc..
    Velazquez has a fight against Nogueira coming up. UFC 110 I think. So we'll get to see how he does against bigger guys.

Mir - Carwin would be the money making fight.

No way Big Country fights someone hard for a while. Dana White likes to take care of his TUF boys, but then again Dana doesn't really like Big Country too much.:D

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    First time I saw Roy Nelson I thought he was a joke. Didn't know he had so much experience behind him. Dude's a freaking bjj black belt holder...couldn't believe that shit :D

OP
    .zero

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #180
    First time I saw Roy Nelson I thought he was a joke. Didn't know he had so much experience behind him. Dude's a freaking bjj black belt holder...couldn't believe that shit :D

and i believe he's from the Dallas/FT. Worth area

alot of people at my muay thai team claim to have seen him fight locally some years back. of course they all think his striking isn't as good as it should be but i highly disagree

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)