The Official MMA Thread (9 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I havent watched anything since UFC 100, the one The Spider punked the pussy that is Forrest (used to think he was hard and good), have I missed anything noteworthy in lasts UFCs? Is it the next UFC that you will get to see the insane Machida being challenged by Shogun?

OP
.zero

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #143
    I havent watched anything since UFC 100, the one The Spider punked the pussy that is Forrest (used to think he was hard and good), have I missed anything noteworthy in lasts UFCs? Is it the next UFC that you will get to see the insane Machida being challenged by Shogun?
    yea i lost ALL respect for forrest after that fight. the other cards have been decent but nothing spectacular.

next weekends card is machida-shogun and its gonna be all machida. he's my fav fighter and will destroy him. although i used to love shogun and his brother ninja back when they ruled Pride fighting.

forza machida!

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    In Kimbo's defense Big Country did run to the mats as soon as Kimbo started throwing. Big Country is a big mofo, Kimbo has no ground game. End of story.
    I think Dana White said it all, when he was like "you just sat on some dude and tapped him in head for 2 minutes, what are you cheering about". In other words, Big Country isn't much to talk about either.

The guys staying in the house to train after losing is a huge plus for Slice. I think if he gain the ability to defend take downs and defend properly once on his back, he can be a decent middle of the road fighter. That's about his peak though, even with his knockout ability.

As for this season, Rampage has got to be the worst coach ever on the show. His match ups are horrid. He doesn't know his fighter's strengths and he was late for the last fight. I feel bad for his guys that actually came to the show looking to improve as fighters.
    :tup:

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Yeah Machida is ridicolously fascinating fighter, there is no talk of losing, he is hardly touched in his fights. Its really weird how superior he is in his fights.

OP
    .zero

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #148
    alot of people disagree with the judges scoring and decision but what people fail to recognize is in any title bout the contender needs to BEAT the champ.

unfortunately in this fight shogun did nothing to win the fight. all he did was play defensive the entire fight and threw leg kicks standing 3 ft away the whole time. also he attempted 3-4 take downs which machida snuffed out. shogun needed to beat machida, not keep his distance like a little bitch by throwing leg kicks and being content that he didn't knocked out at the end of each round.

the sad part is that machida finally lost a round in a UFC fight

forza lyoto

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    I'm a huge Machida fan, rest assured, him and Sylva is the reason I watch UFC or bother to even know of it. But this fight was clearly to Shoguns advantage, he was more aggressive, controlled it more, more hits and had the upper hand undoubtly. It was a defensive and technical game, at first close, but IMO clear that Shogun was the one doing more to get the judges decision. This weird judges decision doesnt help Machida because it demeans him, as we saw, fucking idiots were booing him. IMO they should have seen and judged the advantage of Shogun in the fight, and Machida get his revenge in a rematch in style.

OP
    .zero

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #150
    no way man, shogun didn't attempt to win. he just did everything he could to not get fucked up.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    If thats what he did, Machida did even less, so why would he win it? He was just taking the kicks and waiting for it to end, Shogun had the edge and advantage despite how you described it, because tactically he neutralised Machida's game and controlled him, despite it being close, also had the better hits.

OP
    .zero

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #152
    i guess its a matter of opinion but the bottom line is that the judges scored the bout how they saw it, and they saw it as Machida winning it 3-2.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Yeah I guess, I just baffled how they could, and so many others are. Either way, I hope there is a rematch and Machida wins it properly. And not win when he is neutralized and receives more then he give, like this:

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    They're still advertising the Carwin - Lesner fight on Spike TV.

People are gonna be pissed when all they get is Forrest - Tito.:lol:

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    And Rashad and Rampage aren't fighting in December either because Rampage decided to play B.A. Baracas in the A-Team movie. :lol:

OP
    .zero

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #158
    tonight its gonna be all FEDOR FEDOR FEDOR

on a side note, Rampage finally "coaches" his first win

OP
    .zero

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #160
    i love cain, i think he would give lesnar a run for his money if they meet in the octagon

cain is strong, fast and skilled. he's got a great stand-up game and a ground game that could give mir some trouble

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)