The Official MMA Thread (20 Viewers)

VuvuzelaBzz

Son of a Shepherd
Jun 23, 2013
Honestly, that's not luck. Aldo got timed overcommitting against a precision puncher with power and paid for it. That's not to say the result repeats itself every time they meet, but McGregor didn't throw a hail mary punch with his eyes closed; Aldo screwed up, McGregor saw it and made the most of it.

Also, please no instant rematch, Frankie's been screwed enough. He's 5-0 since the dec loss to Aldo and finished two top 5 featherweights. That's more than anyone in the division has done to earn a title shot.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Honestly, that's not luck. Aldo got timed overcommitting against a precision puncher with power and paid for it. That's not to say the result repeats itself every time they meet, but McGregor didn't throw a hail mary punch with his eyes closed; Aldo screwed up, McGregor saw it and made the most of it.

Also, please no instant rematch, Frankie's been screwed enough. He's 5-0 since the dec loss to Aldo and finished two top 5 featherweights. That's more than anyone in the division has done to earn a title shot.
:agree:

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
If there's a good time for Conor to be the first UFC fighter ever to hold two belts at the same time, then it's now.

The lightweight division doesn't have that roster where a dominant champion is called out by the rest of the division. He'll get a case for a LW title shot if he gets one big win against a top LW.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
If there's a good time for Conor to be the first UFC fighter ever to hold two belts at the same time, then it's now.

The lightweight division doesn't have that roster where a dominant champion is called out by the rest of the division. He'll get a case for a LW title shot if he gets one big win against a top LW.
Pettis or Khabib (if he ever gets healthy). But I would assume he would just walk into a title fight against Dos Anjos or Cerone. He's too hot right now financially to do anything but.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
You gotta love the Diaz brothers. Straight up Gs:

[video=twitter;706373304286707713]https://twitter.com/joerogan/status/706373304286707713[/video]

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
mcgregor got owned big time. so happy cuz i love him in the same measure that i hate his fuckin ego...people who are legends in ufc don't act like him..

he remindend me of da spider silva ..being a cunt on the octogon acting like a boss then losing.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
A proper training with world class training partners beats "playing touch butt in the park with a ponytail dude" every day of the week.

OP
.zero

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #1,598
    It's all entertainment and the window to earn is tiny so he's going about it the right way to maximize earning possiblities

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    It's all entertainment and the window to earn is tiny so he's going about it the right way to maximize earning possiblities
    I understood all that. But Nate was one of the worst match ups for him. Big Mac better work on that ground game with Frankie and Dos Anjos lurking.

OP
    .zero

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #1,600
    Yeah but we all know he's a striker by birth

Dos Anjos and Aldo should have natural advantages over him but unfortunately Big Mac makes things interesting

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)