The Official MMA Thread (32 Viewers)

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Rousey wasn't mentally prepped for a real challenge imo and quickly faltered both mentally and physically once she couldn't get her signature quick submission. She showed big holes in her stand-up and even worse was the way she approached the fight trying to box it out with a world-class boxer.
This being said, Holm was always a bad match-up for Rousey - infinitely better in the stand-up, energetic and excellent at defending the take down (basically Rousey's only chance at a win here), and last but not least, smart in waiting for her chances as opposed to get drawn in exchanges.
Spot on.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Rousey just transported to a local hospital.

- - - Updated - - -

in a word, yes.

I still think the way Holm matches-up vs Rousey was hugely underrated, though. Nobody seemed to give a chance outside of experts in fighting circles in ABQ.

And, boy, did she deliver.

- - - Updated - - -

CT1OX3vWoAE5koc.png
Cyborg just tweeted this video from yesterday with Jason Parillo talking about how Holm's movement could beat Rousey, and Cyborg demonstrating. :D

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005

Watching this, one could argue Ronda lost the fight before she even stepped into the octagon. Seems to me, arrogance has become her. Fastest way to lose the belt and needing help to get off the mat.

- - - Updated - - -

Cyborg just tweeted this video from yesterday with Jason Parillo talking about how Holm's movement could beat Rousey, and Cyborg demonstrating. :D
close enough :p

- - - Updated - - -

Rousey just transported to a local hospital.
this might have something to do with why :p

CT1SqQkU8AAwYSs.jpg

P.S. Hope she OK, of course. If I am not mistaken, that's standard procedure for anyone who gets KOed.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Watching this, one could argue Ronda lost the fight before she even stepped into the octagon. Seems to me, arrogance has become her. Fastest way to lose the belt and needing help to get off the mat.
Yep. Yesterday Ronda spouted this nonsense after the weigh-in:

Fake ass cheap shotting fake respect fake humility bitch - "preacher's daughter" my ass - I see through your fake sweet act now - you're getting your ass kicked tomorrow, and I'm really going to enjoy the beating I give you.
The ridiculous nonsense she's continually spewing finally caught up with her, and she looks like a fool now.

catch22

Aug 23, 2015
I think Ronda along with a lot of other people underestimated Holm, but the fact is if you had seen her other performances in the UFC it was clear that she is far from being a complete MMA fighter. Obviously she has improved from her last fight, but Ronda really made things easier for her. Simply pushing forward and not respecting Holly's striking ability was very unwise. Her coaching team needs to be questioned if that was really the gameplan. Of course it could have just been Ronda's ego making her fight like that.

Anyway, if Ronda was smart she would change camp. The Glendale Fighting club isn't the place for her. Maybe Tri-Star or Alliance MMA or something. She needs to be around some better MMA minds, and ones that don't just tell her what she wants to hear.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I think Ronda along with a lot of other people underestimated Holm, but the fact is if you had seen her other performances in the UFC it was clear that she is far from being a complete MMA fighter. Obviously she has improved from her last fight, but Ronda really made things easier for her. Simply pushing forward and not respecting Holly's striking ability was very unwise. Her coaching team needs to be questioned if that was really the gameplan. Of course it could have just been Ronda's ego making her fight like that.

Anyway, if Ronda was smart she would change camp. The Glendale Fighting club isn't the place for her. Maybe Tri-Star or Alliance MMA or something. She needs to be around some better MMA minds, and ones that don't just tell her what she wants to hear.
Indeed, she prolly needs to change camp. Because for someone who been around so long and won so much, she doesnt seem to have developed whatsoever as overall fighter. Wether its arrogance or bad coaching, who knows. But if you have an expertise, as a judoka, and you are doing MMA, you should seriously demonstrate a better standing game and striking game then that.

Its easy to get complacent when you so far won most of your games just dominatingly taking down weaker opponents and grappling in first 30 seconds of most fights. But if you gonna face an accomplished boxer AND kickboxer who's fairly smart and methodical, defenitely should prepare some sort of counter to their strenghts and in overall up your all around game. Ronda was just desperately chasing and wasnt even defending herself in Holms striking range, real odd and inadequate standing fight from her part. Most impressive bit for me in this mental and physical beat down was one instance where Holm in a blitz just ducked. The super saiyan speed of that dodging was amazing, to just pop up behind an opponent and make them look foolish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)