The Official MMA Thread (18 Viewers)

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
I wish shogun had a bit more time to prepare for jones,if he had at least 2 more months to prepare i would have bet everything i had on shogun...but taking the fight in 3 weeks makes it very very interesting.

I watched the silva-belfort fight again,fuck silva he got lucky :p along with the long layoff befort had.

Let's just hope Silva-GSP happens before i get old and unable to enjoy the fight while smoking pot :D

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
.zero

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #422
    Ok so I wasn’t able to watch the fight live on Saturday but I did watch it Sunday morning.

All I’m going to say is Jon Jones.

The best fighter in MMA

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    Ok so I wasn’t able to watch the fight live on Saturday but I did watch it Sunday morning.

The best fighter in MMA
    Rua will leg kick that crap outta him.

But yeah Jones made Bader look weak.

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005

The best fighter in MMA

Jon Jones has to potential to become the best ever pound for pound IF he beats shogun,shogun wins via tko :D

OP
    .zero

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #425
    I love Shogun since his Pride days but Bones is something else.

Plus we all know that wresting >>>>>>>>>>>> BJJ

Just take’m down and don’t let them get up. No need to sub or ground and pound. Wear them out by staying on top of them. Just ask GSP

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
    I love Shogun since his Pride days but Bones is something else.

Plus we all know that wresting >>>>>>>>>>>> BJJ

Just take’m down and don’t let them get up. No need to sub or ground and pound. Wear them out by staying on top of them. Just ask GSP

True,but a little help for shogun will be his prep for rashad who has been doing nothing but wrestling in the past few matches...but jones is a totally different animal...you also have to consider the face that jones has never been hit on that chin and that is one thing shogun does best,i loved shogun in the pride days but i gotta say the new shogun is better than the old shogun....bones has insane potential but the UFC has rushed him into fighting the wolves...

If shogun gets beat im going into depression and then a week's hibernation :D

OP
    .zero

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #427
    True,but a little help for shogun will be his prep for rashad who has been doing nothing but wrestling in the past few matches...but jones is a totally different animal...you also have to consider the face that jones has never been hit on that chin and that is one thing shogun does best,i loved shogun in the pride days but i gotta say the new shogun is better than the old shogun....bones has insane potential but the UFC has rushed him into fighting the wolves...

If shogun gets beat im going into depression and then a week's hibernation :D
    Jones has been far from rushed in the UFC. He has been fighting nearly 3-4 years and finally is fighting someone of value. Brandon Vera was rushed and he peaked entirely too early in his career and then began to sink at the age of 27. He is no out of the UFC iirc, while Jones has fought who he has been given and not said a word.

It’s going to be an interesting fight, especially since Rashad and Bones have been training together for some time now. So technically, Jones has been training for Shogun for a while because of his involvement in Rashad’s training for Shogun.

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
    Jones has been far from rushed in the UFC. He has been fighting nearly 3-4 years and finally is fighting someone of value. Brandon Vera was rushed and he peaked entirely too early in his career and then began to sink at the age of 27. He is no out of the UFC iirc, while Jones has fought who he has been given and not said a word.

It’s going to be an interesting fight, especially since Rashad and Bones have been training together for some time now. So technically, Jones has been training for Shogun for a while because of his involvement in Rashad’s training for Shogun.
    That's an interesting point.

I cant wait for this match,i loved it when shogun just got up and came into the cage without being called for,he did not look too shocked or bothered

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
    Griffin-franklin looked like the most irrelevent fight in the division.

So rampage-tiago winner gets the next shot...and rashad to face machida-randy winner?

OP
    .zero

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #437
    Fedor had his run and he also had his chance to prove that he was the best in MMA. But sadly things didn’t work out and he had to rot in Strikeforce only to accumulate a 1-2 record. I think he could have beat Lesnar if he came to the UFC in 2009.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)