The Official Alberbo Zaccheroni Thread (7 Viewers)

deepblue

IBM Chess Programmer(DB)
Feb 19, 2003
However i would have Guardiola any time at Juve
I would also agree there. Even though Pep isnt strong tactically he's from the top brass - a no nonsense manager, good at man management, and building teams. At Juve in three oe four seasons he can build a strong team, focus more on youth development and may even win a Scudetto or two but the damage done in the last four years is immense..Not sure he can do anything even if he burns out £75M odd in the transfer window

No point is blaming Zaccheroni completely though, he inherited an unstable team from Ferrara. As for Ferrera, he got the same team from Ranieri...... stoned and suffered for some rubbish signings that wasnt made by him. Deigo, Melo along with those two rejects were made by Secco and Blanc.

The Gospel in European football "every other manager with a coaching badge should be better than Ranieri" which is true to a large extent but unfortunately both Ferrera and Zaccheroni have taken the slump to a much higher level.

As for Ranieri had he continued for some more time is more than capable of replicating Zaccheroni's feats. Twice he took Valencia to a point of no return before he got deported out of Spain, Roman offloaded him at the earliest, as he was always a dodgy customer and his presence would take its toll sooner or latter. The board finally got it right in throwing out Ranieri at the right time, but neither did they try to appoint a better manager, the team being shite only compounded the woes of his successors.

deepblue

IBM Chess Programmer(DB)
Feb 19, 2003
Alberto Zaccheroni is confident Saturday’s Milan-Juventus match will be “the kind of fixture being a Coach is all about.”

Neither side has anything to play for, as their qualification for the Champions League and Europa League preliminary round respectively is secure.

“It is true that the San Siro match is not as important as it would’ve been in other years, partly because the fixture comes right at the end of the season,” claimed Zac.

“That is not a positive situation for making Serie A intriguing. My advice for drawing up the next calendar would be to keep Milan-Juve in the thick of the campaign.”

However, Zaccheroni denies the two teams will be lacking in motivation for a clash you can watch LIVE on ESPN from 19.45 UK time on Saturday.

“On the field we’ll still have top class players and quite a few will want to prove a point. In many senses it doesn’t feel like the final round of the season.

“Perhaps considering Juve’s situation, you could suggest we don’t 'feel’ this match, but that is not the case.

“I have always thought that this is the kind of fixture being a Coach is all about. World class meetings are why you go into this line of work.

“In my view the best feeling is not necessarily having a contract, but being a part of these games. .

They are among the biggest fixtures in the world, it’s impossible not to be motivated.”

Eh?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
“That is not a positive situation for making Serie A intriguing. My advice for drawing up the next calendar would be to keep Milan-Juve in the thick of the campaign.”
Juve coach trying to infuence the order of fixtures?

Sounds worthy of Serie B to me.

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
Zaccheroni blasts Juve players

Alberto Zaccheroni has regrets over his Juventus reign, but points out “none of the players had a good season.”

The Bianconeri will finish the campaign in seventh place and enter the Europa League via the preliminary round, regardless of tonight’s result against Milan – a game you can watch LIVE on ESPN.

“There are regrets that I was unable to improve the situation in the table,” confessed Zac, who replaced Ciro Ferrara earlier this year.

“I hoped to find fewer difficulties. A Coach is only as good as the choices he can make, but unfortunately I rarely had choice because of the number of injuries.

“Naturally, if we had faced Siena, Fulham, Sampdoria and Napoli with a full squad, it would’ve been very different.”

However, Zac doesn’t just pin the blame on the lack of players, but also those who did take to the field.

“It’s difficult to begin again, as this is a team sport and not one of the players had a good season. If the club asks my opinion, I’ll give it to them, but I didn’t see any players who salvaged their season.”

deepblue

IBM Chess Programmer(DB)
Feb 19, 2003
Zaccheroni blasts Juve players

Alberto Zaccheroni has regrets over his Juventus reign, but points out “none of the players had a good season.”

The Bianconeri will finish the campaign in seventh place and enter the Europa League via the preliminary round, regardless of tonight’s result against Milan – a game you can watch LIVE on ESPN.

“There are regrets that I was unable to improve the situation in the table,” confessed Zac, who replaced Ciro Ferrara earlier this year.

“I hoped to find fewer difficulties. A Coach is only as good as the choices he can make, but unfortunately I rarely had choice because of the number of injuries.

“Naturally, if we had faced Siena, Fulham, Sampdoria and Napoli with a full squad, it would’ve been very different.”

However, Zac doesn’t just pin the blame on the lack of players, but also those who did take to the field.

“It’s difficult to begin again, as this is a team sport and not one of the players had a good season. If the club asks my opinion, I’ll give it to them, but I didn’t see any players who salvaged their season.”
I have to agree with him finally... from day one he has been complaining about the fitness of the squad, lack of options incase players being rested etc..But still it cannot hide some humiliating losses and the manner Juve have caved in after leading. Even if was Fulham, when ever the opponents started to moving the ball around, it has been a squeaky bum time on the pitch, disorganized defending, the midfield suddenly losing shape, drooping shoulders and low confidence. Fulham, Sampdora, Siena and Napoli...Jesus wept..so these are the teams he rates as rivals not Inter, Milan or Roma here. He's only good enough to handle midtable table teams, cannot cut the mustard for big teams.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
lions lead by sheeps. correct me if im wrong here, but even the last few weeks Zacch has more or less had the entire squad at his disposal and still he fucked up, so what bloody difference would it have made against napoli, samp etc...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)