The Official Alberbo Zaccheroni Thread (10 Viewers)

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Honestly guys, what did anyone expect???
He's a coach that did not manage any team for 3 years. And even back then he sucked badly. TORINO who are a relegation fighters at their best SACKED HIM.

It was a poor choice from the management.

Furia Ceca

Mar 21, 2008
You guys worry too much about the coach when the players are shit.
Do you guys really think Pep Guardiola is a genius? He's a damn moron with fantastic 11 players who understand each other, Did you see his reaction when iniesta scored against chelsea in the last minute? He was taking advice from sylvinho for gods sake! But look at barca that year.. even del neri would have won with them.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Guardiola is a moron? :howler:

I've criticised him and his Barca team more than most folk have, but to say he isn't a good coach (at the very least) is just ridiculous.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
I can only thank Zacc for taking this job on and leading us to the Europa. Damage was done before he came and he steadied the ship to a point.

Good luck after next weekend Zacc.

Furia Ceca

Mar 21, 2008
Guardiola is a moron? :howler:

I've criticised him and his Barca team more than most folk have, but to say he isn't a good coach (at the very least) is just ridiculous.
He's a very very very overrated coach.
My point was that his team made him look like a good coach, because they played good football.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Even if you argue that he is mediocre tactically, he has done an excellent job of managing the egos in the squad and getting the most out of almost all the players.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
I can only thank Zacc for taking this job on and leading us to the Europa. Damage was done before he came and he steadied the ship to a point.

Good luck after next weekend Zacc.
Sorry Nick but I have to disagree here.
Good luck Zacc? I'd say get the hell out of here Zacc!

Damage was done before he came but he took the damage to an upper level.
Actually he upgraded our misery.
He was paid to take the job , he didn't do that because of some sympathy and he was out of coaching business for more than 3 years ,this was a perfect opportunity
for him to resuscitate himself but he didn't manage.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Sorry Nick but I have to disagree here.
Good luck Zacc? I'd say get the hell out of here Zacc!

Damage was done before he came but he took the damage to an upper level.
Actually he upgraded our misery.
He was paid to take the job , he didn't do that because of some sympathy and he was out of coaching business for more than 3 years ,this was a perfect opportunity
for him to resuscitate himself but he didn't manage.
We were never going to get fourth when he came but we were not guaranteed Europa. He got us that so I say job done. No top manager would of taken the Juventus job half way through the season due to the state we were in, people mention Hiddink but I don't fancy throwing away money on somebody who would not guaranteed us fourth anyway. Move on from this season but I do send my wishes to Zacc.

deepblue

IBM Chess Programmer(DB)
Feb 19, 2003
You guys worry too much about the coach when the players are shit.
Do you guys really think Pep Guardiola is a genius? He's a damn moron with fantastic 11 players who understand each other, Did you see his reaction when iniesta scored against chelsea in the last minute? He was taking advice from sylvinho for gods sake! But look at barca that year.. even del neri would have won with them.
Guardiola is tactically dud all he did was sticking to the age old 4-3-3 of Ajax and Cruyff's Barca with Messi firing on all cylinders they won shit loads. Against tacticians like Mourinho or Hiddink on narrow pitches, time after time he was rendered ineffective, unable to improvise on anything when it mattered most.

Zachorreni at least swaps his formations twice in a month with innovative substitutions :jester:

The team is shite, the management hired a poor coach and the results speak for themselves. But for a team thoroughly humiliated in the CL, its hard to expect a top brass coach to take over in the midseason never mind the club being Juventus or Real Madrid.

If Zachorreni being replaced next season who is the plausible candidate Capello, Wenger, Benetiz, Hiddink, Blanc, Deschamps ? they all have their hands full...there is no established coach to fall back on barring Lippi. Lippi himself off late has gone up in retardness sacle that was quiet evident in his recent actions.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
We were never going to get fourth when he came but we were not guaranteed Europa. He got us that so I say job done. No top manager would of taken the Juventus job half way through the season due to the state we were in, people mention Hiddink but I don't fancy throwing away money on somebody who would not guaranteed us fourth anyway. Move on from this season but I do send my wishes to Zacc.
Oh yes we had a great % of possibility to finish 4th , even Zacc said that he will fail if the team missed the opportunity to finish 4th.
We even had a poll here about that 4th spot.
I think that we lost more money this way comparing to the amount that we should have paid to Hiddink.

tibike

Dec 11, 2007
Even if you argue that he is mediocre tactically, he has done an excellent job of managing the egos in the squad and getting the most out of almost all the players.
I think it's too early to judge. He still hasn't finished his second year of coaching, he could still be a fluke (which is IMO unlikely, but the possibility is there).

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
I think it's too early to judge. He still hasn't finished his second year of coaching, he could still be a fluke (which is IMO unlikely, but the possibility is there).
The guy won 6 trophies with Barca already, best record "ever" in barcelona's history :shifty: .

I don't buy the whole theory that Barca players are soo good that they don't need a coach for them. Why rijkaard who had even a better squad IMO haven't won 6 trophies in one year (or even the great Johan Cruyff), nobody did.

He might not be a genius in tactics but he's definitely great at what he does (and that is coaching in general).

deepblue

IBM Chess Programmer(DB)
Feb 19, 2003
The guy just won 6 trophies with Barca already, best record "ever" in barcelona's history :shifty: .

I don't buy the whole theory that Barca players are soo good that they don't need a coach for them. Why rijkaard who had even a better squad IMO haven't won 6 trophies in one year (or even the great Johan Cruyff), nobody did.

He might not be a genius in tactics but he's definitely great at what he does (and that is coaching in general).
Guardiola is good in man management but tactically he's dud..As a player he knows one tactical system, he has excelled in. Whatever player he has got he would try to squeeze in them in the only system he knows well bit like Ranieri and Zaccerloonie.

Fortunately for him Barcelona have six or seven players that are the best in the world at the respective positions and he won six trophies.

Also Rijkaard did not have a team as good as Guardiola. Xavi and Iniesta are miles ahead compared to what they were before three years and their defence is also more solid. Rijkaard had Ronaldinho but Messi now is at a different level.

tibike

Dec 11, 2007
The guy won 6 trophies with Barca already, best record "ever" in barcelona's history :shifty: .

I'm not saying he's a bad coach. I'm just saying it's too early to tell. Even Luca Toni scored 30+ goals in two seasons, yet he's far from a world class striker.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)