The Official Alberbo Zaccheroni Thread (7 Viewers)

lil zlatan

Mar 5, 2006
Zac: 'Midfield is the problem' Saturday 6 February, 2010

Alberto Zaccheroni reiterates “the midfield is the problem” and accepts Juventus face a battle to qualify for Europe.

“We are coming off a negative streak and need to find a way out. It was not an easy game tonight, as Livorno were very determined and are capable of making their opponents play badly,” he said of the 1-1 draw.

Zac adopted the three-man defence for the first time, but conceded with an Antonio Filippini free header.

“We made too many mistakes, are not accustomed to playing this way and the new tactic worked only in part.

“Having said that, this is a rare time in which Juventus have fought back from a goal down, so we saw a good reaction.

“The big worry is that we have giants in defence and allowed one of the shortest players on the pitch to score with a free header. This is something that cannot happen and needs to be addressed.

“We are also slow in moving the ball around, which makes us predictable. The midfield is a problem that this team has had since the start of the season.

“If a move starts badly, it'll end badly. I am confident I will be able to solve it, but not in the space of a few days. Juventus aim to improve and reach the summit at the right moment. We're counting on it.”

Diego came in for particular criticism, as the Brazilian was only effective in short bursts.

“In the second half when Diego started to go wide a bit more and didn't remain rooted to the centre, we became dangerous.

“He should start as a trequartista between the lines and find the space, tying the midfield and strikers together. I expect him to release Amauri and Del Piero. Amauri is forced to play with his back to goal and we need to move the ball around so he can face the target.”

Felipe Melo was sent off in the final minutes for a second bookable offence.

“Melo is a lad who can't bear to lose and always gives everything he's got, which unfortunately means he picks up early cards and they affect the rest of his game.

“It's entirely likely that two weeks ago we would've lost this match. It's worrying that against Lazio and Livorno we left a man alone in front of goal and that is unacceptable.”

Palermo beat Parma 2-1 earlier this evening and therefore leapfrog Juventus in the table, while Sampdoria would do the same if they beat Siena on Sunday.

“The teams who are consistent should all be considered for the Champions League. I see it very even after the top three, so I believe it will go right to the final round,” concluded Zac.

“Some teams are preparing for the final sprint - including us and Fiorentina - so we all have every chance of getting back into that group.”

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I wonder if Zaccheroni has looked at the results of all our games this year and noticed that we have two games where we've scored 5 goals and in both those games we used the 4-2-3-1, it should tell him something instead of coming up with new stupid formations.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
“The big worry is that we have giants in defence and allowed one of the shortest players on the pitch to score with a free header. This is something that cannot happen and needs to be addressed.

“We are also slow in moving the ball around, which makes us predictable. The midfield is a problem that this team has had since the start of the season."

At least he saw where the main problems are (unfortunately he didn't address any of them, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt since he didn't have time). Ferrara never ever said a single word about the problems.
If he was in charge tonight he'd have probably talked about the difference between a battleship and an aircraft carrier.

Unfortunately, as Andy pointed out, Zac's history and his stupid 3-4-1-2 don't give me any hope. Maybe a better coach than Ferrara but definitely one of the worst coaches in serie A.

mondo1

May 14, 2006
lol than why the fuck didn't you play giovinco if u know the midfield is the problem..........how the fuck can players like grosso dc and co start ahead of gio
and who the fuck was the last sub?.........
jesus christ..........
what a fucking loser.

mondo1

May 14, 2006

“We are also slow in moving the ball around, which makes us predictable. The midfield is a problem that this team has had since the start of the season
."

At least he saw where the main problems are (unfortunately he didn't address any of them, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt since he didn't have time). Ferrara never ever said a single word about the problems.
If he was in charge tonight he'd have probably talked about the difference between a battleship and an aircraft carrier.

Unfortunately, as Andy pointed out, Zac's history and his stupid 3-4-1-2 don't give me any hope. Maybe a better coach than Ferrara but definitely one of the worst coaches in serie A.
i can only say it again JUST PLAY GIOVINCO

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009

“We are also slow in moving the ball around, which makes us predictable. The midfield is a problem that this team has had since the start of the season."

He still thinks Diego, Del Piero and Amauri should continue. I think thats where the change should be.

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
We could have won this game, but he chose the wrong players from the start and made poor substitutions. De Ceglie should have started over Grosso. Paolucci surely can do something more than Amauri. Giovinco should have come on early, or started over Del Piero.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
He still thinks Diego, Del Piero and Amauri should continue. I think thats where the change should be.
Yeah.

And I also wonder, if Zac thinks the midfield is the problem, why the hell did he play 2 defenders in midfield?

Also, when Camo will be back, will Zac keep his one and only 3-4-1-2? This formation needs great wingbacks and unless he plans to play Camo next to Sissoko then it means that there won't be place for neither of Camo/Giovinco.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Yeah.

And I also wonder, if Zac thinks the midfield is the problem, why the hell did he play 2 defenders in midfield?

Also, when Camo will be back, will Zac keep his one and only 3-4-1-2? This formation needs great wingbacks and unless he plans to play Camo next to Sissoko then it means that there won't be place for neither of Camo/Giovinco.
Well, there hasn't really been any place for Giovinco with hundreds of player injured or suspended. With Trez, Iaquinta, Marchisio, Sissoko, Camo, Poulsen and Brazzo back he'll be sitting on the stands. But I do hope for a 4-2-3-1 with Camo and Gio on the flanks.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
we really need to go back to the way we used to deal with a crisis, when we were good.

Zac needs to enforce a media blackout straight away. I hear too much shit talk from the players and not enough communication on the pitch. These guys need to totally immerse themselves in football right now and focus on improving.

The 3-4-1-2 was terrible today, we had no balance, the players didnt know what they were doing and it was a big drop in performance from last week. Zac has gone backwards this week.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
That has nothing to do with whether Ferrara saw the problems or not. Some coaches just don't bash their teams in the newspapers, that's all.
Maybe, but judging by the way we played for months, I doubt he addressed the problems in training either.

All I heard and saw from Ferrara were stories about ships, about how well we played and how unlucky we were, with an occasional attack on the linesmen. On the pitch it went from bad to worse.

tibike

Dec 11, 2007
And second thing, anyone playing a three man defence should be stripped of his coaching licence (unless you have a bunch of players who fit in exceptionally well). That thing got old in the 80s, now it's ancient. When we had the ball, we had three players at the back, when we only needed two, and we hugely lacked that one player to help to link the midfield with attack.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)