The Official Alberbo Zaccheroni Thread (13 Viewers)

noussa

Aug 29, 2008
Chiellini open to three-man defence
Thursday 4 February, 2010
Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini is open to Alberto Zaccheroni's idea of playing with a three-man defence.

Zaccheroni has been working on implementing a 3-4-1-2 formation with Chiellini in front of Gigi Buffon along with Nicola Legrottaglie and Fabio Cannavaro.

It remains to be seen whether the system is unveiled against Livorno on Saturday, but Chiellini is confident it can work.

Speaking to the Juventus Channel, Chiellini said: “I already knew that he was a very prepared Coach. Giannichedda told me about him from his time in Udine and Roma.

“A change of Coach is not enough for us to get out of this crisis, but with a bit of work and support from everyone Zaccheroni will make us understand the movements that he wants, the alternative solutions like the three-man defence which is an idea to exploit, even during the middle of a game.

“I always played with three at the back until I was 20. When I came on the scene with Mazzarri's Livorno I played calmly with a three-man defence, but at these levels three or four makes little difference for us. We know how to change without problems.”

Chiellini then expressed his disappointment that Juventus fired Ciro Ferrara.

“For many of us, Ciro wasn't just a Coach but also a team-mate. He cared for us on a personal level. I am sorry because it was the failure of all the team, but seeing that the board can't change 20 players the decision was taken to change the Coach.

“I am convinced that Ciro will return to train and have success.”

Finally Chiellini reacted to claims that he is about to renew his contract.

“They write a lot about it, there are many rumours. Interest from big clubs can make you happy but I have no intention of leaving Juve. I feel great here and I hope to stay for a long time and prolong my relationship with the club. I believe that we will do it this summer.”

Buy on AliExpress.com

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
i dont understand what the point in a 3-4-1-2 is...its just like 4-3-1-2 or even better 5-2-1-2....so pointless....

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
no not at all, salvo ...

if you compare it to the usual 4-3-1-2 and just watch the defenders you got 4 defenders (2 cb, 2 sidebacks). when we attack the leftback and the rightback might go gung ho in attack and leave us exposed on the sides ... the only ones that will always stay back are the centre backs, which leaves you with only 2 defenders in the worst case against a counter attack. when you got 3 centre backs you have always 3 on the break even when they counter we will still have 3 defenders back .... thats an increase by 50% ;)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Legrottaglie is the only central defender we have who can comfortably put his foot on the ball and pass it, actually the other one is at Cagliari.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
What if one of those supposed 3 CBs got injured who's gonna step in place? Zebina or Grygera ? Actually Grygera could fulfill that role but Zebina will be a walking disaster...

I just hope this system works cause honestly I don't think this team can take another system change.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Zac is in a race against time

Friday 5 February, 2010

Juventus boss Alberto Zaccheroni says he is trying to get the club's player to understand his ideas as soon as possible.

The 56-year-old replaced Ciro Ferrara last week and drew his first game in charge 1-1 with Lazio.

Speaking ahead of this weekend's clash with Livorno, Zaccheroni was pressed on reports that he is experimenting with a three-man defence.

“The media have spoken about it, I haven't. I repeat what I said the last time. We are working on two fronts because the team has to know how to change its attitude, also during a game.

“I believe that there are three systems that fit this team. We will work on this. Even if I have read something, I prefer to speak about a three-man midfield. We don't need these systems, they contribute something, but they don't make us win games. The interpretation is what makes us win.

“I am trying to give the players the most correct information possible. They know 4-3-1-2. They know 3-4-1-2 less. So I am trying to give them this information for the game tomorrow, but also for those that will come. We have to get on the right path in the shortest time possible, then we have to be clever about it and get consistent.”

Asked to explain why the team isn't reaching its potential, Zaccheroni said: “The injuries, the enthusiasm that has diminished a little. This brings problems to all of the team. I have to try and put it in order and clean up the characteristics a bit.”

Finally, Zaccheroni got behind Diego, the Brazilian playmaker, who has been criticised this season.

“Diego's talent isn't up for discussion. A Coach's job is not to teach Diego how to play football but to make the collective express itself better. It's too easy to take it out on the new signings.”

Football Italia

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Hope he quits or is fired as soon as possible. He has the chance of being even worse than Ferrara because his system choices are very nonsensical for the group of players we have. Relying on Grosso and Caceres on the wing is much more ridiculous than anything Ciro tried.

People were warned about Zacherroni, but the alerts were disregarded.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)