The NHL Thread (21 Viewers)

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
It shall be a quiet and serene morning for me today, and do not worry for me my friends.

For today, I shall not thirst.

For I shall feast on the tears of bruins fans this morning to provide me the sustenance to make it through the day
:pado:

How's free agency going, Sarge? Your team is looking primed for more mediocrity. :D

Bruins fans gotta feel like Andrew Shaw's face this morning. :seven:
Suddenly you're a hockey fan, hmm? :shifty:

swag mad bandwagonning :p
This man speaks the truth. :D

Vancouver what did you just do?
Ohhhh, I laughed and laughed when I read about this deal. Schneider is an outstanding goalie on a solid deal, Bobby Lu does not want to be in Vancouver one bit. Guy is dying to get out. I love it!

Well you said he was your Lucic. So I put 2 and 2 together.:boh:
Awww... somebody's still a little sore after getting their ass torn during the Conference Finals, hmm? Big Sid and Geno, almost 20M... and shut out.

Sell the farm for Morrow, Iggy, Doug Murray... whoops. :p

This draft is the most confusing thing in the world.
:D

Daniel Brière officially a Hab, 2 years, 4m per.

:baggio:
BAHAHHAHJAHAHAFHHAHA. Just what you needed, another under performing Smurf!

Back to business as usual in Montreal, I see.

Player trade system great. Keeps hockey from becoming football.

Boston is just dumb.
I hate the deal, never would have personally made it, but we'll see just how dumb - or smart - this deal turns out to be. Seggy's skill set is there, we'll see if he can put it all together in Dallas, with the shift to Center, playing volume minutes alongside Benn. I think he's going to explode. I sure hope he does, those are 2/3 of my keepers in my hockey pool. :D

But Eriksson is a very good player in his own right, he's an All-Star, he's a leader, he's a consistent 70+ point player who is an excellent 2 way forward; he will play the PK, he'll be important on the right half wall on the PP. He fills multiple needs, really, and he doesn't turn 28 until later this July. This is not footy, this man will play at a high level for another 6-7 years probably, and his cap hit is outstanding with 3 more years at 4.25M.

Boston also picked up another valuable defensive prospect who you're familiar with, Joe Morrow, and a couple forwards who have demonstrated a bit of offensive pop; they will get a chance to compete for the 12th and 13th forward slots at camp.

With the extra money - the Seguin/Peverly deal shaved 4.75M in cap space - the B's have signed Iginla to a 1 year, 6M deal (performance based; 1.8M + 3.7M games played bonus + $500,000 team performance related bonus). He just turned 36, probably has 2-3 pretty good years in him, so that could work out pretty well. The rest of the B's available funds will without a doubt be invested into long term deals for franchise caliber guys; Tuukka Rask and Patrice Bergeron deserve to get paid.

Both Eriksson and Iginla are leaders, and their style of play meshes very well with the B's style. I'm a bit worried about the lack of depth in goal right now for the Bruins, but IMO this team might be better today than it was at the end of the Cup finals.

Peverley's character will be missed a bit, but his production is easily filled. My opinion is that Iggy is still a better player than Horton - in both his overall impact on the game, and his production - although Nathan has been absolutely clutch in the playoffs. Seggy is a young man that I have full confidence in; I think he's going to be a superstar. I would not have made that trade, but as of this moment, Loui Eriksson is definitely a better all around player than Tyler Seguin, there's no question about that. Andrew Ference will be missed in the locker room, I appreciated his gritty play on the ice, but he definitely can be replaced. Khudobin was a very solid backup goalie, I have not seen any of the new guy they signed. Jagr plays a decent cycle game, but he didn't really fit into the lineup at all; glad he's gone, and I think Carl Soderberg will surprise a few people.

One would expect the young defenders to improve, considering Dougie Hamilton, Tory Krug, and Matt Bartkowski will all be going into their second professional season. The B's are still loaded, I won't be surprised at all if I end up making a 3rd Stanley Cup final roadtrip to Boston.

OTT's Silfverberg, Noesen and 1st to ANA for Bobby Ryan.

F*CK!

- - - Updated - - -

Bergevin wake up, at this rate we are not making the playoffs next year!

- - - Updated - - -

Canadiens acquire George Parros from Florida, in exchange for Philippe Lefebvre and a 7th round pick in 2014

:shifty:
:seven:

Montreal is tearing it up! :lol:

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Rollie, you talk a lot of shit for someone whose team just lost the Stanley Cup in truly spectacular, and unprecedented fashion.
:howler:

As I see it, I was simply responding to some negative comments I saw from a bunch of guys whose teams can barely remember what Lord Stanley looks like, that's all.

Plus Enron, who's sore because his team (who now has got almost half their cap locked up in 3 guys) took it right in the arse, and Greg, who apparently discovered hockey about 3 weeks ago.

:D

Really have no problem losing the Cup, considering during the latter half of the regular season, I never - not for one minute - thought the B's would make it back there this year. Never thought, for one minute, during that 3rd period of game 7 against Toronto, that Boston would get through that series. But my team has heart, and tremendous character; they're a young, tightly knit group, and that's why I think they've got a chance to hit another cup final in the coming years.

Chicago is a great team, I have full respect for them, but in the end they won because they got more than a few bounces (especially in games 1 and 5), and simply weren't as beat up as Boston by the end of it. When that's the reason you lose a cup, all you can do is tip your hat to the other guys - it was a tight series, and they squeaked it out. I'm extremely proud of the Bruins, this group from 2011 - 2013 is the best group I've had the pleasure of cheering for since I became a fan in 1989-90, end of story.

So when a bunch of guys are talking shit about my B's, especially when their teams have done jack shit for approximately 20 years (and maybe more for some), I'm going to respond with a comment or two.

Oh, and Rus, you're the guy who was ragging on Tuukka all year, right? :D With the exception of that last series, Iginla put up good numbers after he left Calgary... even if he did score the Series clinching goal for Boston during the Conference Semifinal. His style should mesh well on the B's top line, and because it's only a 1 year deal, the risk is quite minimal.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
:lol:

I just wouldn't want you guys wandering around in real life, saying the types of things you say on here, and thinking you're correct.

Trying to save you boys the embarrassment of coming across as being particularly 'challenged' individuals, out there in the real world - that's all. Good samaritan, and all of that.

:p

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
only 30 and leaving lot's of cash. I guess the Russian mafia have a very good job for him back there. :p

- - - Updated - - -

and look at that f*ckin' moron! Look at that disrespectful douche! :sergio:

Alex-444

Sep 5, 2005
only 30 and leaving lot's of cash. I guess the Russian mafia have a very good job for him back there. :p

- - - Updated - - -

and look at that f*ckin' moron! Look at that disrespectful douche! :sergio:

:hustini:

I think the reason the family
he was tired of playing there
well and money Gazprom will give him everything he wants:rndh:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I wanna burn the Blackhawks to the ground after they let that douchebag and his shit-packed granny panties come in contact with the locker room.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)