The NHL Thread (60 Viewers)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
The Kunitz - Crosby - Dupuis line is the highest scoring line in the league. I don't think Bylsma will break it up so easily. Maybe gradually between now and the end of the season, but he's not one to screw with chemistry.

- - - Updated - - -

Enron, you happy you got Iginla?
Sure. I'm not 100% convinced we actually needed him, but it's nice to have him. Certainly good to keep him away from Boston.

I'm not big on rentals and it's going to suck to not have a 1st and 2nd round pick this season, but if we win the Cup it will look like a stroke of genius. If not, we'll look like we over-extended.

Buy on AliExpress.com

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
damn i was so happy ... well i think we did the best choice..we are obviously stanley cup winner material so far so shero wanted to assure himself offensively..with some luck (injury free) i see ourself in the final.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
The Kunitz - Crosby - Dupuis line is the highest scoring line in the league. I don't think Bylsma will break it up so easily. Maybe gradually between now and the end of the season, but he's not one to screw with chemistry.
Well, you watch the team day in, day out brother. But my opinion is that most of your top 6 already has pretty solid chemistry that is relatively interchangeable, due to the extended injuries suffered by Crosby and Malkin over the past couple of years.

Again, all due respect to Pascal Dupuis, he's a good player, very important for that line's grit, for the forecheck, for the Pens PK, but before last year he had never had a 50 point season and he's almost 34 y/o. You put Iggy up there, a guy who has 11 consecutive 30 goal seasons, you're getting a massive offensive upgrade, and JI will not shy away from the grind.

To me, he's guaranteed to be playing with one of your 2 big centres, and Malkin already has his sniper; just makes sense to give Crosby a natural goal scorer, especially when Iginla has been acquired for a short run, and the pair have a successful track record together.

Edit: I get you've won 14 in a row or whatever, and coaches won't want to fuck with a winning recipe, but to me this is just the logical shift.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I really don't know much about the Sabres, but it seems like it's time for a fire sale over there? Any players you guys would consider going for?

- - - Updated - - -

I really don't know much about the Sabres, but it seems like it's time for a fire sale over there? Any players you guys would consider going for?

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
If you look at a top line winger: Vanek.

If you look at a top goalie: Miller.

If you look at a backup goalie: Enroth.

If you want a big defenseman: Myers and Regher.

If you want a puck moving D: Ehrhoff.

If you want a goon: Scott.

If you want an agitator than can put points on the board: Ott. Kaleta is a prick and not a pt getter.

If you want a point getter and leader: Pominville and also Stafford.

Ennis and Myers they'll want to keep if they want to rebuild.

TrezJuve

May 26, 2010
@Mark, what do you make of this https://twitter.com/stephanepatry.

"Ça bouge beaucoup dans le dossier du retour des Nordiques! Un gros scoop viens de m'arriver... La Ville de Québec fait de gros moves... Selon une de mes sources, la ville de Qc (Expocité) a communiqué avec tous les promoteurs qui avaient des dates de réservées au Colisée entre le 15 septembre 2013 et le 31 décembre 2013 pour les aviser que leur dates n'étaient plus disponibles jusqu'à nouvel ordre..."

- - - Updated - - -

It doesn't mean anything, but I'm teased.

- - - Updated - - -

It's quite a stupid rumor actually :sad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 55)