The NHL Thread (7 Viewers)

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
Jesus, everyone is improving and Ken Holland just sits on his ass for like 4 or 5 years. He should be doing anything he can to provide Datsyuk with a great winger so Dats wouldn't leave to Russia after 2014...

Gaborik could probably do wonders on Datsyuk wing. He sucks in the Rangers, but Datsyuk is so much better than Brad Richards.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
yeah saw the names later and said who?

- - - Updated - - -

Davis Drewiske for Habs 5th round pick.

old profile and analysis

2007-08: Drewiske completed an outstanding four-year career at the University of Wisconsin, serving as the team captain this season. He was second on the team in defensemen scoring with 21 points (five goals, 16 assists), and tied for the defenseman lead in goal scoring. Drewiske provided strong leadership and a stabilizing presence on a very young Badgers blueline this season, having played much of the year alongside 2008 draft pick Cody Goloubef (CBJ). He capped his collegiate as the recipient of Wisconsin’s Spike Carlson Award as the team’s MVP.

2008-09: Beginning in the season in the AHL, Drewiske would finish with 14 points and 95 PIMs with Manchester before being called up to Los Angeles. While scoring only three points with Los Angeles, Drewiske showed veteran-like calmness under pressure and solid defensive skills that kept him in the line-up for 17 games.

2009-10: Started the season with the Kings and looked strong before going down with injuries. Did not look the same after he returned however and finished the season with 1 goal, 7 assists, and 14 PIM in 42 NHL games. At the end of the season was signed to a three-year contract extension.

Talent Analysis

Drewiske is an intelligent two-way defenseman with very strong leadership skills. While he has good offensive ability, it is his outstanding defensive play that stands out more. He is very good in one-on-one situations and does a superb job of staying with his assignment. He has great on-ice vision, follows plays exceedingly well and is rarely caught out of position.

Another great attribute that Drewiske possesses is his puck skills. His patience with and distribution of the puck, as well as his smart decisions with it made him a regular on the power play for much of his collegiate career. He makes nice outlet and tape-to-tape passes. While Drewiske will get involved in the offensive side, it almost never comes at the expense of his defensive responsibilities. Drewiske possesses a good, hard shot and can get pucks to the net. He has decent foot speed and skates with powerful strides.
Future

Drewiske will likely start the 2010-11 season as a bottom-pairing defenseman for the Los Angeles Kings.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
yeah saw the names later and said who?

- - - Updated - - -

Davis Drewiske for Habs 5th round pick.

old profile and analysis

2007-08: Drewiske completed an outstanding four-year career at the University of Wisconsin, serving as the team captain this season. He was second on the team in defensemen scoring with 21 points (five goals, 16 assists), and tied for the defenseman lead in goal scoring. Drewiske provided strong leadership and a stabilizing presence on a very young Badgers blueline this season, having played much of the year alongside 2008 draft pick Cody Goloubef (CBJ). He capped his collegiate as the recipient of Wisconsin’s Spike Carlson Award as the team’s MVP.

2008-09: Beginning in the season in the AHL, Drewiske would finish with 14 points and 95 PIMs with Manchester before being called up to Los Angeles. While scoring only three points with Los Angeles, Drewiske showed veteran-like calmness under pressure and solid defensive skills that kept him in the line-up for 17 games.

2009-10: Started the season with the Kings and looked strong before going down with injuries. Did not look the same after he returned however and finished the season with 1 goal, 7 assists, and 14 PIM in 42 NHL games. At the end of the season was signed to a three-year contract extension.

Talent Analysis

Drewiske is an intelligent two-way defenseman with very strong leadership skills. While he has good offensive ability, it is his outstanding defensive play that stands out more. He is very good in one-on-one situations and does a superb job of staying with his assignment. He has great on-ice vision, follows plays exceedingly well and is rarely caught out of position.

Another great attribute that Drewiske possesses is his puck skills. His patience with and distribution of the puck, as well as his smart decisions with it made him a regular on the power play for much of his collegiate career. He makes nice outlet and tape-to-tape passes. While Drewiske will get involved in the offensive side, it almost never comes at the expense of his defensive responsibilities. Drewiske possesses a good, hard shot and can get pucks to the net. He has decent foot speed and skates with powerful strides.
Future

Drewiske will likely start the 2010-11 season as a bottom-pairing defenseman for the Los Angeles Kings.
Wait. Who? Take THAT Boston and Pittsburgh

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
L.A fan response

--great teammate, very well liked, never griped about not getting playing time
--good shutdown guy
--underrated when it comes to his offensive awareness... not afraid to pinch, and is actually pretty savvy offensively.
--only weakness is that he's a tiny bit below average with speed.
--other than that, the guy is solid between the ears and solid on the ice... Always wondered why he didn't get more games when mitchell and greene went down
--I think you guys are going to like him.
--sorry i'm writing this email with bullet points, i have no idea why i'm doing it
--Best of luck to one of my most favorited underrated under-appreciated kings.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
DONE to NYR.

- - - Updated - - -

Expected price to be 2nd round pick, 3rd-round pick and conditional 2nd if he re-signs. They are nuts!!!

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
We sent Beaulieu down so Drewiske will play I guess if Diaz doesn't come back or we make another trade for a D.

- - - Updated - - -

Jamie McBain being held out of the line-up tonight vs Caps.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Ovechkin's finished :howler:

- - - Updated - - -

To the guys who know more about the hockey rules than me:

What is the penalty for hitting a player after losing out on an icing call? I see them constantly racing side by side only to back off at the last second - is it specially frowned upon or what?

- - - Updated - - -

If we win this ( 5-3 atm) we have 2 points up to a play off spot and a game in hand :xfinger:

That would be a pretty amazing comeback from the abysmal start we had.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
I think they'd call a roughing penalty because you can't hit a guy after the whistle and if the guy touches it first then the play is dead. They don't want serious injuries to happen but I still don't understand why they don't implement the hybrid icing rule.

- - - Updated - - -

Ribeiro to be traded? Why? :shifty:

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I think they'd call a roughing penalty because you can't hit a guy after the whistle and if the guy touches it first then the play is dead. They don't want serious injuries to happen but I still don't understand why they don't implement the hybrid icing rule.

- - - Updated - - -

Ribeiro to be traded? Why? :shifty:
They're either giving up or they have their eye on 2-3 mediocre players they feel will get them eliminated in the 1st round of playoffs.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
So, we'll get a D?
we got one, check my earlier posts. He's a #6-7 D so we could get another one but that's unlikely. We still have Weber(can be traded tomorrow), Kaberle(not going anywhere), Diaz to come back but not soon enough and the youngsters.

Now that Armstrong is injured we could get a guy for the 4th line.

They're either giving up or they have their eye on 2-3 mediocre players they feel will get them eliminated in the 1st round of playoffs.
:seven:

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Loving the Jagr trade, he'll be a good influence on the young guys in the locker room, great experience added, another big body. First left shot player since Savvy who will really be able to work that right half wall on the PP, too - should be a very nice addition there. Cool that Krejci will get to play some with his childhood hero, as well.

Don't care at all about Lane MacDermid, haven't seen our 5th rnd pick from last year, Cody Payne. Also a conditional 2nd round pick; B's make the conference final, then it's a 1st rounder. I think this was a really solid move by Chiarelli, feels a bit surreal that Jaromir Jagr is a Bruin right now; strange, but good.

Sounds like PC is still planning on trying to get Soderberg in (his team is down 1-2 in the second round) and he'll be looking for a defenseman, but he's 'not just looking to add numbers'.

Anyway, the whole thing is spoiled, because Bergy got knocked out of tonights game - really, really nervous, hope it's not serious. Boston's best player. His head. Could be seeing Seggy at centre in the near future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)