The NHL Thread (33 Viewers)

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Well, Buffalo's season appears to be over. Boston did their job.

Yeah, that's the best I can do, Rollie.

Who does Boston play now? I assume that it would be Pittsburgh
:touched:

You've made me so happy, Sergio... I can't believe how far we've come :pado:

Yeah, Pitt if Washington closes. Philly, if that series goes all twilight zone on us.

Wait for it guys

3-2-1.............................

Just waiting for Rollie's flufferific dissertation on the Boston Bruins.

This should be nice and redundant. I hope Jack Edwards gets AIDS
:wth:

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black (and... cue Andy with a POTHEAD comment). :D

Are you done fluffing the Montreal faithful, yet (basically tantamount to fingering your own anus - I know how you Habs fans role)? Have you finished smoking Halak's pole, or massaging PK's young, supple plums? Are they smooth as eggs?!

No, in all seriousness, I never fully expected your series to go 7, although it is exactly what I wanted to happen.

A fantastic performance by Halak. How fortunate is Montreal that they didn't trade this guy to Philly for a second round pick, when Emery initially went down! Anyway, good to see potential opposition grinding out a long series.

My post would have been extremely redundant had the Bruins lost. Because Dennis Wideman and Michael Ryder literally went tape to tape on passes to the Sabers, that Buffalo scored on... nearly cost Boston the game. Although Dennis made up for that with a beauty pass on Satan's winner. Miro has scored some fucking huge goals, boys. $300,000 very well spent.

After an absolutely pathetic display in game 5, where nobody bothered to show up, the team finally scored the 1st goal of a playoff game, and really ground it out from there. Krejci and Recchi were flat out awesome, Lucic finally put points on the board, and Rask was excellent once again. Yes lads, I am very proud of my team. I didn't read one prognostication in the media that had them beating the Sabers...

Savard has been cleared for game 1 of the 2nd round - which is great news. I would love to see him light up Cooke and the Pens in the next round, as unlikely as it is.

Haters gonna hate. :p

Massive game tonight, buddy!

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3,729
    I don't like the Canadian teams either. They had enough success with their damn Gold medal.

Perhaps next year we can have a playoffs with zero Canadian clubs.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3,731
    Our Father, who art at the Joe, hockey be thy name. Thy will be done, the cup will be won. On ice, as well as in the stands. Give us this day our hockey sticks, and forgive us our penalties. As we forgive those who cross-check against us, lead us not into elimination, but deliver us to victory. In the name of the fans, Lord Stanley, and the Detroit Red Wings, Amen.

LETS GO RED WINGS!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)