The NHL Thread (16 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Did we really just sign a washed 36 year old Ilya Kovalchuk

What the flying fuck :lol:

I hate this management

- - - Updated - - -

Why are we even trying to make the playoffs when we will get destroyed in the first round.

Put Weber and Price on the market, for the love of god. Start over.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
get picks and prospects for Price, Weber, Tatar, Petry....and do everything to get Lafrenière. Hack the draft lottery or something.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
The future looks good. Romanov is a stud.
Caufield didn't have a great Juniors but he's a natural. Great sniper. Harris wasn't bad either. Didn't see a lot of Norlinder. He was Sweden's 7th D but they are stacked there.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
The future looks good. Romanov is a stud.
Caufield didn't have a great Juniors but he's a natural. Great sniper. Harris wasn't bad either. Didn't see a lot of Norlinder. He was Sweden's 7th D but they are stacked there.
How long have we been saying that though, mark? Who was the last stud, all-star, franchise player prospect that we have drafted that has turned out to be one?

I can think of 2. Subban and Price. That's a horrendous draft record for the past 15 years.

Conversely, look at a team like Boston. Pastrnak alone outweighs everything we've done in at least the last decade, and that doesn't include McAvoy, Seguin, or Dougie Hamilton, who are either still on the club or traded for other assets. Everybody loves Trevor Timmins but really, what the hell has he done?

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
If we can somehow convince Price to accept a deal with Seattle...Get a 1st there at least. We ca also do a Colorado bis. lol
Weber could land you a 1st too. Hell, Tatar went for more a couple of years ago.
I'm thinking some teams would love Petry.
Of the veterans, keep Gallagher and re-sign Domi. Danault can stay too as a 3rd C.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
If we can somehow convince Price to accept a deal with Seattle...Get a 1st there at least. We ca also do a Colorado bis. lol
Weber could land you a 1st too. Hell, Tatar went for more a couple of years ago.
I'm thinking some teams would love Petry.
Of the veterans, keep Gallagher and re-sign Domi. Danault can stay too as a 3rd C.
Price and Weber's cap hits are ridiculous though. You will have to take on several bad contracts to offset them, and what would the point be in doing that? Even if we clear all that cap space, we don't sign anyone, anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd keep Drouin, too. At least he's young

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
and the UFA's next year are meh. Not that they want to sign here anyway.
That's exactly it. So, we are stuck. We have 2 veterans on big contracts that are each tied up for at least 6 years. Bergevin must be fired after this year. He has to be.

- - - Updated - - -

There are some reclamation projects for sure in next year's class, including Hall, Vesey, and Nugent-hopkins

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
This is bad. They've lost 3 times to the worst team in the league. And the draft is in Montreal this year. :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

And yet another 1st round bust got shipped out yesterday

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)