The NHL Thread (14 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I'm so angry I'm laughing :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

And he's owed 7.9 million per year through 2026.

2026!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :howler:

I'm starting to question my loyalty to this team. I really am.

- - - Updated - - -

You have to really try very hard to outdo a trade where the former #1 pick in the draft gets traded for an underachieving defenseman, but somehow Bergevin managed to do it

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
What the fuck! Truly. What the actual fuck. I don't even know what to say about this trade. Weber is 30 and has a baseball style retarded contract. 10 years left at 8 mil. How do you trade Subban straight up for that?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
This is such a horrible horrible trade.

I can't even see any positives with this deal. He was beloved by the city not only for on the ice play, but especially for his off the ice philanthropy. He was the perfect spokesman. He had the seal of approval from Mrs. Beliveau, which is as GOOD AS IT CAN GET.

There is nothing that Weber does better than Subban. Nothing. He bought into Therrien's system, even though he knew it stifled his offensive game.

He stood in front of the media when he was erroneously blamed for the goal that cost them the game vs. Colorado. All the while our "Captain" Max Paciorretty shied away from the media that night, when it was actually his fault.

- - - Updated - - -

Of all people to trade.

Honestly. This is so bad. Such a bad trade. I am fed up with this club. This was the last straw

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Not that I am complaining but curious what the rationale behind this deal was - they didn't think they could lock up PKS to a long-term deal? His play had dipped and they didn't think he was worth the money anymore? It's not like Weber comes on the cheap :confused:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Not that I am complaining but curious what the rationale was behind this deal - they didn't think they could lock up PKS to a long-term deal? His play had dipped and they didn't think he was worth the money anymore? :confused:
He had just signed a 7 year, 63 million dollar contract before last season.

There is no rationale. This was not a hockey trade. This had to be political. Maybe they thought that PK was becoming bigger than the club. Well, when PK pledges to donate 10 million dollars to the Montreal Children's hospital, and they decide to name the atrium after him, these things tend to happen.

I just think it was flat out jealousy, and I wouldn't be surprised if there was a tinge of racism involved as well.

- - - Updated - - -

The whole city has been on suicide watch since yesterday :lol:
Rightly so. This is easily the worst trade since Patrick Roy. And that says a lot because the Canadiens have bent over and taken it from numerous clubs since that deal.

- - - Updated - - -

They do save 1.12 million dollars in cap savings, though. Big fucking deal

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and tomorrow is Free Agency :howler:

I can't wait to see how free agents are going to react to the Canadiens advances knowing that they just dumped their 2nd best, most popular, and most philanthropic member of their team 2 days prior :lol:

Should be fun.

- - - Updated - - -

I am much more upset about this trade than the Roy trade.

At least Montreal got two young forwards and a young goalie in return.

This trade...................................................this FUCKING trade, they get a d-man who is 4 years older, signed through 2026 (Yes. 10 more years on his contract), and is actually starting to decline.

- - - Updated - - -
@Mark

Don't pull a MaxPac and pussy out on me now

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
If the players are happy, I'm happy.

Short term, we win. Long we lose.

I'm pissed that we didn't GET THE NEEDED OFFENSE.

WE LACK THAT BADLY.

PK was the only tradable asset to get that guy.

Weber is a stud.

I STILL WANT OFFENSE.

WE BETTER GET SOME OFFENSE TOMORROW.

NOT WASHED UP FORWARDS.

Guys like Eriksson...

I WOULD HAVE TRADED PK.

Guys in the team HATE him. None said goodbye. Gallagher and Price were wanking over Weber. YES, CAREY PRICE. PK's FRIEND.

Therrien needs to go.

WE NEED OFFENSE.

WE BETTER GET OFFENSE.

Should have done something with EDM.

Make me GM.

WE NEED GOALS AND ASSISTS.

happy?

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005

WE LACK THAT BADLY.

Weber is a stud.

I STILL WANT OFFENSE.

NOT WASHED UP FORWARDS.

Guys like Eriksson...

I WOULD HAVE TRADED PK.

Guys in the team HATE him. None said goodbye. Gallagher and Price were wanking over Weber. YES, CAREY PRICE. PK's FRIEND.

Therrien needs to go.

WE NEED OFFENSE.

WE BETTER GET OFFENSE.

Make me GM.

happy?
I am confused - is this the 'bargaining' or 'acceptance' stage? I think it's the former ... what do you think @King of Kings?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I am confused - is this the 'bargaining' or 'acceptance' stage? I think it's the former ... what do you think @King of Kings?
It's being contrarian just to look cool.

If anyone thinks that this was a good trade, a 27 year old former Norris Trophy Winner who is the most popular player in Montreal, for a 31 year old defenseman under contract to 2026, who is showing signs of decline, they are kidding themselves

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

WE LACK THAT BADLY.

Weber is a stud.

I STILL WANT OFFENSE.

NOT WASHED UP FORWARDS.

Guys like Eriksson...

I WOULD HAVE TRADED PK.

Therrien needs to go.

WE NEED OFFENSE.

WE BETTER GET OFFENSE.

Make me GM.

happy?
Weber WAS a stud. He is starting to decline. He got exposed BADLY in the playoffs. And who exactly is going to come running to Montreal now, after they just discarded their 2nd best player. And please do not tell me that any of the forwards are better than PK. Not even close.

This guy stood in front of the media and took ALL of the warranted and unwarranted criticism like a man. Bitches like MaxPac only showed up when things were going well. Teammates hated him? Great. Not all teams have to have 25 guys who love each other.

He was also a pillar of the Montreal community. Stuff like that, you don't put a price on. He embraced that city as his own.

The fucking nerve of Bergevin and Molson to keep that useless leach fuck known as Therrien (The same leach fuck that PK agreed to adjust his game for, by the way), and just so easily discard of PK.

- - - Updated - - -

GO HABS GO

- - - Updated - - -

Weber will retire before the end of his contract and cap hit goes to Preds.
Oh that is great.

Meanwhile, PK still has 5-6 prime years at least, playing on a MUCH better team. Yeah, this trade works out great for us.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
ok so Weber's done and nobody will sign here. Cool.

I bet those fans in MTL who say they'll change team really do. I hope the Nords come back just for that. These guys are probably the same one who made a manifestation for Kovalev.

Guys hated PK, he had to go.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
ok so Weber's done and nobody will sign here. Cool.

I bet those fans in MTL who say they'll change team really do. I hope the Nords come back just for that. These guys are probably the same one who made a manifestation for Kovalev.

Guys hated PK, he had to go.
Please explain to me, in hockey terms, how this trade is a good trade for Montreal?

Has Bergevin made any trades that have actually benefited this team?

- - - Updated - - -

And I feel really bad for Weber, because he is going to be the one taking the abuse if he falters

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)